Pattaya "epilepsy" death driver not a bar owner - just a DJ - reports Thai media

webfact

Pattaya "epilepsy" death driver not a bar owner - just a DJ - reports Thai media

91950-1021x580.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

Pattaya News reported yesterday that the driver of the pick-up that killed two and injured more than a dozen people in South Pattaya on Monday is not a beer bar owner as has been claimed on social media.

He is nothing more than a disc jockey.

Pattaya News went to the JP Bar Beer in walking Street on Tuesday afternoon where they found the bar shut ahead of evening opening. Maids and people next door said they didn't know Akkradech Udomrat, the 44 year old man who caused the mayhem.

But one staff member then admitted that he was not the owner of the bar at all, just a DJ.

Akkradech was arrested and charged with negligence causing death and injury and was later slapped with a charge of driving under the influence of drugs after amphetamines were reportedly found in his system.

He had claimed after the accident that he suffers from epilepsy and had no recollection of what happened after having a seizure.

Pattaya News reported that he was attacked by an angry mob following the incident at 7am Monday in South Pattaya.

They also reported that in addition to the human casualties a dog had its head ripped off in the force of the collision.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-07

They also reported that in addition to the human casualties a dog had its head ripped off in the force of the collision.

I am happy they keep mentioning that dog that also died.

Hope we get a full biography of the dog tomorrow in the newspaper, with some quotes from people who fed the dog how well-behaved he was and how cute he always looked.

Will the cremation of the dog be open to the public?

How does  JUST been  a DJ  make any difference to the mayhem and deaths he caused.
pity the Police arrived before the mob had a chance to let him know how they felt about
what he had done.
regards worgeordie

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately in this case, we all know that punishment given is inversely proportional to a Thais status in life, regardless of the crime.

Being just a DJ means they can throw the book at him.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

49 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately in this case, we all know that punishment given is inversely proportional to a Thais status in life, regardless of the crime.

Being just a DJ means they can throw the book at him.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Indeed, it also means if he or his family are the beneficial owners of the bar, there may be a plan to distance the bar from Akkaradech so that the bar's reputation is not connected with a killer.

But probably as brucec64 says, to point out he is making empty boasts about his connections and he can be prosecuted.

6 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Indeed, it also means if he or his family are the beneficial owners of the bar, there may be a plan to distance the bar from Akkaradech so that the bar's reputation is not connected with a killer.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

If he is found "innocent" or get a light sentence people can not blame it on his connections.

I know this bar very well, and I've always known him as the son, and if you know his parents you will also know that when you look at his face you see the mother.

50 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

How does  JUST been  a DJ  make any difference

I look at it from the "epileptic seizures being brought on by strobe lights, flickering lights and such" angle. When I see "DJ", my mind goes straight to club lighting, strobe lights, etc. Why would an epileptic be working in that kind of environment with big seizure triggers? Granted, there are more than one type of epilepsy, but if he suffered from Photosensitive Epilepsy, DJ'ing might have been a poor career choice. Do meds negate this? I don't know this guy and I haven't followed the story or done the research to see if he is indeed prone to seizures or if "I had a seizure" was just the best excuse after wrecking and killing someone. The DJ angle might be important in that regard? RIP the victims.

Reading up a little in a quick search online says that only about 3% of epileptics are adversely affected by strobing lights, so, above argument may have only 3% chance of survival ;)

18 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

If he is found "innocent" or get a light sentence people can not blame it on his connections.

I know this bar very well, and I've always known him as the son, and if you know his parents you will also know that when you look at his face you see the mother.

Spot on,  Know them all also.

:)

1 hour ago, bkkrunnerguy said:

I look at it from the "epileptic seizures being brought on by strobe lights, flickering lights and such" angle. When I see "DJ", my mind goes straight to club lighting, strobe lights, etc. Why would an epileptic be working in that kind of environment with big seizure triggers? Granted, there are more than one type of epilepsy, but if he suffered from Photosensitive Epilepsy, DJ'ing might have been a poor career choice. Do meds negate this? I don't know this guy and I haven't followed the story or done the research to see if he is indeed prone to seizures or if "I had a seizure" was just the best excuse after wrecking and killing someone. The DJ angle might be important in that regard? RIP the victims.

Reading up a little in a quick search online says that only about 3% of epileptics are adversely affected by strobing lights, so, above argument may have only 3% chance of survival ;)

Amphetamines ,do not help too,which he was tested positive for.

regards Worgeordie

Really can't buy into the having a seizure and can't remember anything; will say the video is not his friend in all this.  You can clearly see him make changes in direction to avoid doing the head on with oncoming traffic.  Thus, alertly choosing the lesser impact of measly motorcycles. At least that is what I see; sure others may not agree.  Stand by my original statement as of the Doctor deliberately running over the security guard.  Those of you who would argue this is not third world, stay tuned.  You haven't seen anything yet!  No wonder I can barely force my wife to leave the house these days; when we do go somewhere, she is terrified from the time we leave to the moment we get back.

27 minutes ago, Graemej100 said:

Does being 'just a DJ' imply that he's not very important and that if he had been the bar owner then his status would have been a lot higher? Strange logic.

DJs are just as important as owners, if not more so. That's why owners don't dare confront them when they play all that crappy music that drives away customers. One reason I had to stop going to The Blues Factory. Live band was usually good but not worth listening to the godawful crap during the breaks. Could have played--blues!

Edited by JSixpack

28 minutes ago, Jiggyfly said:

Really can't buy into the having a seizure and can't remember anything; will say the video is not his friend in all this.

Try to keep up. We all stopped buying that a day or so ago.

Those of you who would argue this is not third world, stay tuned.  You haven't seen anything yet! 

Actually you don't know of any posts from anyone arguing any such thing. Seems you just needed to enjoy that thought.

No wonder I can barely force my wife to leave the house these days; when we do go somewhere, she is terrified from the time we leave to the moment we get back.

Maybe she just wants you to leave while she stays home. Might look into that.

10 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Try to keep up. We all stopped buying that a day or so ago.

Actually you don't know of any posts from anyone arguing any such thing. Seems you just needed to enjoy that thought.

Maybe she just wants you to leave while she stays home. Might look into that.

If we go out I get

Don't forget to "leave me the house"

?????

Really can't buy into the having a seizure and can't remember anything; will say the video is not his friend in all this.  You can clearly see him make changes in direction to avoid doing the head on with oncoming traffic.  Thus, alertly choosing the lesser impact of measly motorcycles. At least that is what I see; sure others may not agree.  Stand by my original statement as of the Doctor deliberately running over the security guard.  Those of you who would argue this is not third world, stay tuned.  You haven't seen anything yet!  No wonder I can barely force my wife to leave the house these days; when we do go somewhere, she is terrified from the time we leave to the moment we get back.

Video?

2 hours ago, davethailand said:

Not a soi dog but one of those daft furry pomeranians.

Sorry for the owner though.

It had an owner?  So how was it running in the road?  In civilised countries pet insurance is mandatory so any accident or damage caused by the offending/offensive creature is paid for.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 minutes ago, mikebell said:
It had an owner?  So how was it running in the road?  In civilised countries pet insurance is mandatory so any accident or damage caused by the offending/offensive creature is paid for.

Have you been to Thailand?

I've lived here for 13 years.  Perhaps you were confused by my use of a rhetorical questions; the answer is so obvious it doesn't require a response.

41 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Mike, I'm from the US, 50 years old, and I've NEVER heard of pet insurance. I'm sure it exists, but mandatory???

It'd be a great idea to make it mandatory in Thailand (and enforce it). The soidog population would plummet.

I feel sad for all concerned and hope this guy gets the full throttle.

My ex-girlfriend was epileptic.

I decided to break up with her in the middle of one her fits.

I know the timing seemed bad, but I just felt she was moving too fast.

Image result for cartoon pictures of the road runner

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Possibly, it was in the shopping basket or being carried by one of the motorcyclists.

Edited by chickenslegs