Doubts over NACC probe of Prawit’s watch scandal

webfact

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Finally you are getting it. Defending the indefensible must be tiring after a few years. Maybe better to admit you were wrong and suck it up. Then you can start to post honestly instead of spending your days defending a position that you clearly don’t even believe in yourself anymore. It takes a brave man to admit they were wrong but you won’t regret it.

Not really admitting anything here.. I hate corruption wherever it is the Shins were crooked.. so attacking them was good. Now I have in the past commented plenty of time on thing the junta did wrong. This again is one of them. If they don't do anything (like in the other cases before where they did nothing). Shows they are in it for the money just like the Shins were. Just an other bunch of people who only want to be in power to make a buck.. just like the Shins. I have always said i dislike the junta less then the Shins. The margin is becoming ever slimmer. 

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Not really admitting anything here.. I hate corruption wherever it is the Shins were crooked.. so attacking them was good. Now I have in the past commented plenty of time on thing the junta did wrong. This again is one of them. If they don't do anything (like in the other cases before where they did nothing). Shows they are in it for the money just like the Shins were. Just an other bunch of people who only want to be in power to make a buck.. just like the Shins. I have always said i dislike the junta less then the Shins. The margin is becoming ever slimmer. 

But Rob, you say that after every new junta scandal. You should at least despise them both equally by now.

On 12/8/2017 at 4:17 AM, webfact said:

When he became deputy prime minister and defence minister in 2014, Prawit reported Bt87 million worth of assets, including bank savings, land, property and a car. A section on the form for assets worth more than Bt200,000 slot was left blank.

In my opinion his "Bt87 million" in assets back in 2014 was/is the real red flag. Just how was the rotund little dough-boy able to amass so much wealth?  Am I wrong in thinking this amount of wealth seems a bit excessive for Thailand, even for one of its military/political elite?  It would be interesting to know what his current annual salary is AND what his assets are today.

Here's some interesting tidbits about Prawit's life and career: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prawit_Wongsuwan

The funniest part is this...

Personal life

Prawit is single. He enjoys jogging and playing golf in his free time.

:shock1:   :shock1:  :shock1:   :shock1:   :shock1:

4 hours ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

In my opinion his "Bt87 million" in assets back in 2014 was/is the real red flag. Just how was the rotund little dough-boy able to amass so much wealth?  Am I wrong in thinking this amount of wealth seems a bit excessive for Thailand, even for one of its military/political elite?  It would be interesting to know what his current annual salary is AND what his assets are today.

Here's some interesting tidbits about Prawit's life and career: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prawit_Wongsuwan

The funniest part is this...

:shock1:   :shock1:  :shock1:   :shock1:   :shock1:

Of course it is excessive. For someone making about a 100.000-120.000 baht a month in the heights of his carreer, cannot possibly get this kind of money.