Bike Ramp, where to get. how much?

AllanB

Been using a plank to get the Lifan on and off the back of my truck and it worked ok-ish. However, during the build of my bike shed, it got appropriated, shortened and is now a shelf.

The Honda CRF is a little heavier and was thinking about getting a folding ramp and wondered where to get and what to pay.

This one is ally but pressed steel would do. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-RAMP-Folding-Motorcycle-Motorbike-ATV-ALUMINIUM-Loading-Motocross-By-Qtech/372100050657?epid=1043060599&hash=item56a2e42ee1:g:VNUAAOSwd4tT8goU

I have an aluminium one, not folding, but you'll have to come to BKK to collect it. Let me know and I'll measure it. Originally made to put a bike in the back of a Isuzu "van".

In Canada to put a "sled' in the back of a truck ones builds a false bed and the ramp slides under the bed when loaded.

maxresdefault.jpg

25 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I have an aluminium one, not folding, but you'll have to come to BKK to collect it. Let me know and I'll measure it. Originally made to put a bike in the back of a Isuzu "van".

In Canada to put a "sled' in the back of a truck ones builds a false bed and the ramp slides under the bed when loaded.

maxresdefault.jpg

Great idea, that looks pretty foolproof. When I used my plank, I would find a bit of raised ground to even things out a little, my driveway gave me that. At the other end I had to find a good loading location. That is why I said, "it worked-ish".

How long is your ally ramp?

I have one of them in the eBay link back in the uk they are great for getting bikes into the bank of a vivaro/transit but the height of the trucks here possibly make it a bit steep of an angle

55B23860-0A9B-495D-A671-B93C9C0D518F.jpeg

Before I bought the ramp was using 3 meter length of cable tray..lol

Edited by taninthai

The place where I bought the CRF put me on to a local company who have one (ally) for B2700, which looks pretty good, it is only wide enough for the bike, so standing on a bucket will be necessary, but....

In my shed I will need a table for my Honda Shadow and was thinking about making something to do both jobs. Double width. I like that idea from VocalNeal, though perhaps not as wide, make it safer, especially as I get older in the legs.

Was watching a Youtube video where a guy was suggesting riding up a 23cm wide ramp onto the back of a truck.......Mein Gott, das ist eine Scheißidee