Video: Sickening carnage as another ten wheeler suffers "brake failure"

rooster59

No-one commenting on the guy who almost got run over but managed to flip his legs out of the way and then pretty casually get up and walk off?? 

He'd better put some money on the lottery with luck like that!!!

48 minutes ago, seancbk said:

No-one commenting on the guy who almost got run over but managed to flip his legs out of the way and then pretty casually get up and walk off?? 

He'd better put some money on the lottery with luck like that!!!

I was surprised he was able to walk, it looked like the lorry’s wheels rolled over his leg. Like you say, he was incredibly lucky to survive.

Just nearly threw up watching that - one thing I didn't need to see today but seems to be a regular occurrence these days perhaps the concept of a UK MOT might help these regular brake failures or at least start charging the drivers/owners of these vehicles with some form of culpable homicide

4 minutes ago, thaichiro said:

Can’t understand why the cops aren’t making hay out of this by requiring brake inspections then shaking down the garages and brake dealers. Easy money. Perhaps they confused brake with break and decided not to do anything.

Easy. Cops like easy targets, quick cash and no hassle.

Haulage companies are often owned by wealthy business people.

MOT inspection centres are often owned by wealthy business people.

Both industries have industry bodies which are also influential. These businesses probably make donations to the local police social club anyhow.

Cops like just taking money at the roadside off truck drivers , much easier.

Brake inspections are time-consuming and dirty. Cops like easy jobs like inspecting paperwork.

Your idea for the cops is not "easy money". If it was they would do it.

Drop a couple of gears or switch the engine off......... ?.........swerve into the empty oncoming lane .....?

...anyway, this truck driver just managed to see the lights ....!

zzxlory.jpg

Welome to Thailand, another Third World country that will not change

in our life time.  I know that is a sad thing to say, but for the 20 years that I

have been coming to Thailand, seeing these old trucks on the road is  a constant

reminder that I am in Asia.

Geezer

Thailand has loads of regulations but nothing is ever enforced, and when they are generally can be got around with a ticket to the Police, DLT Ball or a voucher for a watch and diamond ring shop.

There is no real effort being made to change anything as the whole system is corrupt.

But the sun still shines...

:whistling: