Thailand Tales – a trip to the dentist

Inspire

Thailand Tales – a trip to the dentist

This blog has been provided by Stephen Terry BLOG for Inspire.

blog2.jpg

One pesky molar that I’ve had filled several times, started to play up real bad a week ago. Frankly, there’s not much of the tooth left, and for awhile I was contemplating extraction, along with suicidal tendencies (alright, I can be a drama queen).

Then it started to settle down with liberal use of Sensodyne toothpaste. It didn’t go away, and I couldn’t bite on it. So my honey arranged an appointment at short notice, Friday at 9:30.

One hour’s drive away.

Also, a good opportunity to top up my grocery cupboard (a large blue plastic box on the floor in my kitchen) at TESCO – yep, they’re everywhere.

9:25. ‘Take a seat,’ said the dentist’s wife, receptionist, pre-examiner, assistant, pharmacist, cashier, and child-minder. Busy woman.

Modern surgery, clean toilet, comfortable sofas, large screen TV with English films, magazines dated 2005, and one other woman waiting. Then the door-bell rang – a matchstick man entered and sat down.

9:50. I heard drilling from the surgery. Let me explain. There is one dentist – he must be in his fifties – and he accommodates two patients at a time. The surgery room is split – one patient has an injection, and while it is taking effect, he can adminster another. You get the picture; maximise time, maximise earnings. Busy man. And rich.

10.00. The door-bell wakes me up from a snooze. A man with his young daughter enter and he converses with the woman who has returned to her reception duties. I get the gist that his daughter has a toothache.

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/thailand-tales-trip-dentist/

inspire_pattaya_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Inspire Pattaya 2017-12-10

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

My Thai dentist told me my teeth didn't need cleaning and I didn't need x-rays.  That would never happen in America, as they want to run up the tab, ka-ching.

Soon after I arrived in Thailand I went to see a dentist in northern Bangkok and he told me I needed three teeth extracted. I didn't believe that and deferred. The pain I had proved to be temporary and I've still got all my teeth. All he wanted was my money.

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

had excellent male and female doctors and dentists, for a decent hair cut a guy every time.

Haven't had a haircut from a male in 40 years; see no reason to. I have gone to the same barber shop for ten years now, on my third barber, all women. I go every week or so, for haircut, braiding, beard-trim, shave, manicure, pedicure, massage and usually a gin bloody Mary or gin salty dog or three; in an air-conditioned private room. Very pleased with the service. No need to get my hair washed, I wash it daily.

8 hours ago, smotherb said:

Haven't had a haircut from a male in 40 years; see no reason to. I have gone to the same barber shop for ten years now, on my third barber, all women. I go every week or so, for haircut, braiding, beard-trim, shave, manicure, pedicure, massage and usually a gin bloody Mary or gin salty dog or three; in an air-conditioned private room. Very pleased with the service. No need to get my hair washed, I wash it daily.

I have received excellent treatment from the local dental clinic I attend here in the North, the place is spotless and the equipment very modern.

I have had root canal therapy and recently a crown fitted, the standard is as good as anything I ever received in Sydney.

The only difference is that the cost is substantially cheaper and the dentists are mainly females, very efficient and attractive though.

8 hours ago, smotherb said:

I agree I only have my hair cut by a female here, the men are ok if you want the standard Thai razor job haircut, not for me.

On 12/10/2017 at 9:59 AM, marko kok prong said:

Jeez this guy wants to grow a pair ,what's wrong with a bowie knife and rusty pliers,then swill out your mouth with whisky,good to go.

whisky????? Noooooo Detol and a wire brush does the trick.

Den