Why you must visit Koh Chang in Thailand

Inspire

Why you must visit Koh Chang in Thailand

volg2.jpg

Inspire is delighted to have teamed up with Dan about Thailand vlogs to bring you his latest vlog from in and around Thailand.

The vlogs cover travel and debate on things associated with tourists and expats in the country.

If you want to follow Dan you can join his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/danaboutthailand/

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/must-visit-koh-chang-thailand/

inspire_pattaya_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Inspire Pattaya 2017-12-10

Well i visited in about 1994 it was a paradise a small boat from the mainland ,a few resort huts and vast empty beaches,no road then i think. Went back 2 years ago,was stunned and disgusted at what it had become.

There are however still some small area's on the south coast difficult to get to,that are still wonderfull,but i am not saying where.

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Well i visited in about 1994 it was a paradise a small boat from the mainland ,a few resort huts and vast empty beaches,no road then i think. Went back 2 years ago,was stunned and disgusted at what it had become.

There are however still some small area's on the south coast difficult to get to,that are still wonderfull,but i am not saying where.

Wai Chek Beach. The name is Wai Chek Beach. Now watch all the people come because someone said it on some random forum thread. Jeez... "I know something, but I won't say". Really? 

Who is smart enough in this world to think that anything is unseen and secret in Thailand ?

Koh chang is the biggest dump island in this country, ugly beaches full of dirty backpackers, I can believe that anybody can even think about it as a nice island ! You must really know a lot about Thai islands ! hahahahaha...

My favorite island.  Course I've only been to two (KC and KS).

And why do they write Koh?  It's pronounced Goh.

Anyway, I heard there's quite a few smaller islands off KC worth visiting, BUT THEY'RE MORE EXPENSIVE.  And not exactly a "secret" anymore...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/travel/old-thailand-found-on-sleepy-islands.html?referer=http://www.google.co.th/

The more desirable the island, the more expensive it will be.

Everyone agree with this rule of thumb? ?

Also heard Koh Chang Noi on the Andaman coast is nice, but again more expensive.

As long as the beach is clean and there's good food, who cares how many other jerkfaces are there besides yourself? ?

54 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

My favorite island.  Course I've only been to two (KC and KS).

And why do they write Koh?  It's pronounced Goh.

Anyway, I heard there's quite a few smaller islands off KC worth visiting, BUT THEY'RE MORE EXPENSIVE.  And not exactly a "secret" anymore...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/travel/old-thailand-found-on-sleepy-islands.html?referer=http://www.google.co.th/

The more desirable the island, the more expensive it will be.

Everyone agree with this rule of thumb? ?

Also heard Koh Chang Noi on the Andaman coast is nice, but again more expensive.

As long as the beach is clean and there's good food, who cares how many other jerkfaces are there besides yourself? ?

Learn Thai and you will know that it is not pronounced GO...

Also, I wish you to know this country a bit more, Koh Chang is one of the worst, following Phuket...

2 hours ago, bleble said:

Also, I wish you to know this country a bit more, Koh Chang is one of the worst, following Phuket...

You beat me to it there  @bleble  Phuket has been ruined by greedy development and failure to take care of the place. (My first visit was in 1985...my last ever was in 2014 to see friends) 

Sadly Koh Chang is fast going the same way, as is/has Koh Samui.

It's so...so  sad what the Thais are doing or allowing to happen to their beautiful country.:ohmy::crying:

3 hours ago, VBF said:

You beat me to it there  @bleble  Phuket has been ruined by greedy development and failure to take care of the place. (My first visit was in 1985...my last ever was in 2014 to see friends) 

Sadly Koh Chang is fast going the same way, as is/has Koh Samui.

It's so...so  sad what the Thais are doing or allowing to happen to their beautiful country.:ohmy::crying:

Who cares their country ?1 I don't ! I use this place as much as I can and then will leave it to the rats when it will be too ugly for me. Thai do not respect anything, I also do not respect Thai, so it's perfect.

3 hours ago, KIWIBATCH said:

But not as bad as Koh Samui (yet) but give them time.......

KOH SAMUI GARBAGE.jpg

You are showing the dump there, I guess that there is one at KC also.

Koh samui will never be as ugly as koh chang.

koh samui beaches deserve this name, KC beaches are sewer.

17 hours ago, bleble said:

He wrote 'Goh' and that's about the closest you can get with English spelling. It is pronounced exactly that. They use "K" instead of "G" because of some old transcription system which isn't really accurate. 

There is still a few sleepy places on Koh Chang and I'd say in terms of overdevelopment Samui would come in way earlier than Koh Chang (after Phuket, that is).

9 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

In my experience, the East coast islands are all pretty unimpressive, and certainly Koh Chang was pretty ordinary in 1992, on the only occasion I went there. In what way has it improved?

Nothing improved and no island apart from the south is impressive.

3 hours ago, wump said:

He wrote 'Goh' and that's about the closest you can get with English spelling. It is pronounced exactly that. They use "K" instead of "G" because of some old transcription system which isn't really accurate. 

There is still a few sleepy places on Koh Chang and I'd say in terms of overdevelopment Samui would come in way earlier than Koh Chang (after Phuket, that is).

Between G and K but not closer to GOH at all. Listen to Thai a bit more and you will understand. Learn the language maybe also !

It is not pronounced K as in Karate but G like in Garage. Yes, I can read and speak Thai.

There is no transcription with the English G, the system only uses K. To transcribe the English K sound they actually use KH.

If you order Khao Pad Kai and actually say Kai instead of 'Gai' as it is prononced (like the G sound in Koh) you might be ordering egg instead of chicken.

Having visited most of the main islands I’d say Samui was the worst in most respects, the Andaman sea is far nicer than the Gulf but Phuket which used to be great is spoilt by overdevelopment,leaving Lanta the best option although some might find it a bit limited in terms of facilities and night life. For beaches,swimming and snorkeling probably the best.

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Having visited most of the main islands I’d say Samui was the worst in most respects, the Andaman sea is far nicer than the Gulf but Phuket which used to be great is spoilt by overdevelopment,leaving Lanta the best option although some might find it a bit limited in terms of facilities and night life. For beaches,swimming and snorkeling probably the best.

Yes, Lanta is great for someone who likes to find as ugly beaches at Koh chang.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:10 AM, bleble said:

Yes, Lanta is great for someone who likes to find as ugly beaches at Koh chang.

As a diver and snorkeller and one who has driven and sought out the smaller coves and beaches in the south of Ko Lanta (as I did in Ko chang) I can only assume you did no exploration. 

5 hours ago, nchuckle said:

As a diver and snorkeller and one who has driven and sought out the smaller coves and beaches in the south of Ko Lanta (as I did in Ko chang) I can only assume you did no exploration. 

I rather think that you do not know what is a nice beach...

Even the sand is not nice on Koh chang and Koh lanta, let alone everything else...

Archived