US couple arrested for taking naked selfies in Thailand have been released from jail

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Yes!!!!

Half the topics on TVForum make fun of and ridicule the Junta's actions and words. The sheer stupidity of some of their statements and press releases is well monitored.  When the millions who visit Thailand get back they talk and joke to their families and mates.

There are various human right groups keeping a close watch on the LOS. Also freedom groups; reporters without borders for instance.

Anyone who has spent time living here will notice the 'don't do as I say; do as I tell you' attitude of the authorities.

I like in Isaan - have done so for a few years - and these impoverished people deserve better than what they get.

Allowing people get away with killing someone while locking up mushroom pickers for 30 years is NOT a joke; I ask you????

So, no data , then, just hearsay!!!

No mushroom pickers have ever been jailed for 30 years in Thailand.  A couple of illegal loggers who claimed to be picking mushrooms were jailed and released after about 18 months, though.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

I agree with you, I was saying that there is nothing wrong with homophobia.

Phobia are irrational fears and there is something wrong with you if suffer from irrational fears.  Cf. agoraphobia, triskaidekaphobia or any of the other hundreds of phobias that people suffer from.  You might want to see a therapist about that.

5 minutes ago, attrayant said:

But you implied that it's unacceptable for Thailand's culture, despite the country's long history of culturally accepted nudity.  The implication is that they ought to go somewhere else where such antics are acceptable.  Hence my question.

I don't like to answer a lot of this shit but you have no f...ing idea about what you are talking about and should rent a place down on Walking Street. I lived for 30 years in Thailand and nudity is NOT CULTURALLY ACCEPTABLE. You are an idiot. I have been in communal well clean ups at the end of a day and never seen a patch of skin and how many working girls keep the towel around themselves. Go back to the shit....e you come from.

3 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Phobia are irrational fears and there is something wrong with you if suffer from irrational fears.  Cf. agoraphobia, triskaidekaphobia or any of the other hundreds of phobias that people suffer from.  You might want to see a therapist about that.

And why don't go shine a pole?

14 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So, no data , then, just hearsay!!!

No mushroom pickers have ever been jailed for 30 years in Thailand.  A couple of illegal loggers who claimed to be picking mushrooms were jailed and released after about 18 months, though.

Yes they were; 30 years each. Framed by a prosecution that wanted to save face when the forage, by over 50 police etc. into the woods to find loggers failed.

Just go over the TVForum's topics for the last couple of years and you will soon see ridicule, jokes and despair.

I love my life here; although it's not without challenges. The people deserve better than the rabble they have now. 

Edited by owl sees all

10 minutes ago, attrayant said:

But you implied that it's unacceptable for Thailand's culture, despite the country's long history of culturally accepted nudity.  The implication is that they ought to go somewhere else where such antics are acceptable.  Hence my question.

I did not imply that at all. I was agreeing with Thaiwrath's comment that the queers' actions showed a lot about their mentality and I added that it showed a lot about their contempt for Thailand etc also!

8 minutes ago, attrayant said:

You might want to consider that that is just your opinion, the opinion of someone who couldn't understand a perfectly clear comment that I made earlier.

13 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I lived for 30 years in Thailand and nudity is NOT CULTURALLY ACCEPTABLE.

This may come as a shock to you but Thailand's history goes back further than 30 years.  Here, learn something: Toplessness in Thai Culture

From that page you can also see the Thai Ministry of Culture had a banner on its website showing "three pairs of exquisite breasts of Nang Songkran (Songkran goddesses)".  It seems like topless women get the stamp of approval, but bare-bottomed men are somehow abhorrent.  It sounds like you might need therapy too, for some unresolved anger issues.

Edited by attrayant
typo

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

You might want to consider that that is just your opinion, the opinion of someone who couldn't understand a perfectly clear comment that I made earlier.

That phobias are irrational fears is not just my opinion.  It's the official classification in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (they are considered to be a type of anxiety disorder).

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes they were; 30 years each. Framed by a prosecution that wanted to save face when their forage into the woods to find loggers failed.

Just go over the TVForum's topice for the last couple of years and you will soon see ridicule, jokes and despair.

No, they weren't, they were jailed for being involved in illegal logging and they are not in jail now.

Ridicule from a handful of anonymous posters on a forum barely heard of outside Thailand does not count as the world making Thailand a laughing stock!

8 minutes ago, attrayant said:

This may come as a shock to you but Thailand's history goes back further than 30 years.  Here, learn something: Toplessness in Thai Culture.

It sounds like you might need therapy too, for some unresolved anger issues.

It certainly sounds like you need to stop telling others that they might need therapy, you're in no position to dish out that advice.

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So what?  Geez, you think you're a doctor?  

Where did I say that?  Do only doctors know how to read a Wikipedia page?

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

you're in no position to dish out that advice.

How do you know what position I'm in?

How about we stop making this personal and get back to the topic?  I called you on your 'it's okay to be homophobic' comments only because it's demonstrably wrong, and I provided professional citations to back that statement up.

Edited by attrayant

What these 2 Americans did in Thailand is a disgrace and cannot be condoned.   Had they done this in a public place like a church in America they would be arrested and convicted of indecent exposure and in some states made to register as sex offenders. They would be heavily fined but most likely not jailed.

They got off lucky in Thailand with a small fine and then deported- most likely blacklisted. Instead of being grateful and  publicly apologizing- they restart their site and keep the pictures posted.  It's obvious they are arrogant and trying to justify their lifestyle and pushing it on the public. Most people could care less about a person's sexual orientation but most people do not like it thrown in their face. I don't want to see pictures of nude women;  transvestites or gays on a public forum of any kind. You want to show your private parts -go to a hotel.

Travelling Butts is a misnomer- more like a couple of travelling A-holes.

3 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Had they done this in a public place like a church in America they would be arrested and convicted of indecent exposure and in some states made to register as sex offenders. They would be heavily fined but most likely not jailed.

There are plenty of other pics on their Instagram account of them doing just that.  Have they been punished in those places as you say?

The instagram account referenced in the article here is described and listed as a FAKE.
The tip off is the pixilated photos of the  buttocks. Why pixilate the Thai pictures?  Those Thai photos are lifted from the news which only featured pixilated versions.

As per multiple reports, the original account was deleted.

The couple has since deleted their account, but thankfully, you can still see screenshots of the now infamous photos.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com    Emma Baty  Nov 29, 2017

Edited by geriatrickid

Men, women and any others can show their assess or any other part of their body in the privacy of their homes. The general public has no desire to see it and  the behavior is symptomatic of people trying to push their lifestyle on others. They are welcome to their lifestyle just as transvestites and  heterosexual people are theirs but not showing their private parts in public. 

They haven't been arrested in other locales because no one has made a formal complaint nor have the police become aware of it. However, there is such a thing as proper decorum; adherence to local customs and sensibilities and simple common sense.

These 2 individuals not only violated all of the above but wherever they do this they violate the law and common decency. The continual assault on common decency everywhere is a symptom of selfishness and arrogance . The mindset of these type of people is that everyone must accept whatever they do-  Thailand just told them- it is not acceptable and the majority of communities everywhere feel the same.

39 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Where did I say that?  Do only doctors know how to read a Wikipedia page?

How do you know what position I'm in?

How about we stop making this personal and get back to the topic?  I called you on your 'it's okay to be homophobic' comments only because it's demonstrably wrong, and I provided professional citations to back that statement up.

"How do you know what position I'm in?"

Easy, take a look at your initial comment..."Do only doctors know how to read a Wikipedia page?"

You're the one that started to make it personal by dishing out your therapeutic recommendations to a person or two.  My personal opinion is not "demonstrably wrong", it is my personal opinion, some would say my bigotry, and I stand by it.  Your opinion about my opinion is just that, your opinion, it does not necessarily mean anything.  If you do not 'approve' of my opinion of publicity seeking homosexuals, then you know what you can do with your 'approval', don't you?

Edited by Just Weird

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Just about shows their mentality.

Exactly....“They wanted me to thank everyone for their thoughts prayers and concerns,"....same for these.

If they wanted to act the baby why not do it up a mountain or somewhere and have a little bit of respect for people's beliefs.

7 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

If they wanted to act the baby why not do it up a mountain or somewhere and have a little bit of respect for people's beliefs.

Because beliefs don't deserve respect.

You can respect a person's right to hold a belief, but the moment they start professing their silly beliefs they deserve to be ridiculed and mocked for them, if appropriate. Example: homophobia.

Edited by attrayant

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Just about shows their mentality.

Exactly....“They wanted me to thank everyone for their thoughts prayers and concerns,"....same for these.

4 hours ago, wirat69 said:

In the circumstances, an unfortunate analogy!!!

I'm sure they will be well compensated for their ordeal when they land on American soil. They will be on talk shows etc. Maybe even a movie. I'd say in less than a year they will be multi millionaires. I know that may seem a little far fetched but Americans (TV audience) luv this crap!!