US couple arrested for taking naked selfies in Thailand have been released from jail

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure you don't mean to nag, but you certainly are. If you would have read my comment in the context in which it was made, this exchange would not have been necessary. Again, there is no evidence that they showed their naked butts inside the temple. And both photos quite clearly support that statement. Now if you have additional photos in which they did show their butt inside the temple, by all means post it. 

Oh give it a rest! No need to keep changing your story. No one ever said the the photos proved the guys showed their butts inside the temple.

To be clear, while the photos are not evidence they showed their butts in the temple, northern do the photos support the statement that there is no evidence that they showed their butts inside the temple...there could be other photos, a witness or even a butt-hair on the floor...

4 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Oh give it a rest! No need to keep changing your story. No one ever said the the photos proved the guys showed their butts inside the temple.

To be clear, while the photos are not evidence they showed their butts in the temple, northern do the photos support the statement that there is no evidence that they showed their butts inside the temple...there could be other photos, a witness or even a butt-hair on the floor...

No you should give it a rest, I did not change my story. Since when are people going to be judged based on photos that don't exist ?

The poster I responsed too was talking about INSIDE, I merely said the photos do not provide evidence they went INSIDE, both quite clearly show that they are OUTSIDE the temple, hence my remark.

Now I understand your need to be nagging, and yes there could be other photos, a witness or whatever that they did show their butts INSIDE the temple. However since You and I have not seen those photos, or hear those witnesses, I think we should confine the whinging based upon the evidence that does exist. Logical really.

No you should give it a rest, I did not change my story. Since when are people going to be judged based on photos that don't exist ?

The poster I responsed too was talking about INSIDE, I merely said the photos do not provide evidence they went INSIDE, both quite clearly show that they are OUTSIDE the temple, hence my remark.

Now I understand your need to be nagging, and yes there could be other photos, a witness or whatever that they did show their butts INSIDE the temple. However since You and I have not seen those photos, or hear those witnesses, I think we should confine the whinging based upon the evidence that does exist. Logical really.

Now you’re nagging. I’m just trying to be clear. I never said they did anything, you said they didn’t go in the temple, and that the pictures proved that.

We have no idea of they went in the temple or not, and the pictures prove nothing.

I imagine they went in the temple, but I doubt very much they showed their butts in the temple.

I don’t know why you insist on making such a big deal out of this.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Now you’re nagging. I’m just trying to be clear. I never said they did anything, you said they didn’t go in the temple, and that the pictures proved that.

We have no idea of they went in the temple or not, and the pictures prove nothing.

I imagine they went in the temple, but I doubt very much they showed their butts in the temple.

I don’t know why you insist on making such a big deal out of this.

No, you are making a big deal. You are splitting hairs. To a good reader it was obvious I meant that there is no evidence that they went inside the temple showing their butts. And there isn't end of story. Now I am going to stop this exchange, you can't argue with people that are trolling.

Edited by sjaak327

No, you are making a big deal. You are splitting hairs. To a good reader it was obvious I meant that there is no evidence that they went inside the temple showing their butts. And there isn't end of story. Now I am going to stop this exchange, you can't argue with people that are trolling.

Sorry if my reading is not up to your standards, I’ll try to make more assumptions going forward.

If they did this in America they wpuld have to register as sex offenders. Compared to America, They got a slap on yhe wrist

Incorrect. They have done numerous times in the USA including in front of the white house with no apparent legal consequences at least that I'm aware of. But the big issue in Thailand I think was the offense to the religion here regardless of their awareness and intentions about that. The setting. If they did at a beach it's doubtful they even would have been fined.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Damn, they are lucky. Just only 5000 bath fine and go. Just 1 year jail would do fine to think twice next time.   

So casual to suggest such a sadistic sentence. Imagine what a year in Thai prison would do to your life especially if you already had health problems.  

Not saying either of them does because I have no idea, but lots of people do. Jail should be only for serious crimes.

Think twice? Do you think they ever would have done that again in Thailand even if they had been let out with a fine when they were caught at the airport? I don't.

Whether they continue or not with their photo hobby in other nations really isn't the concern of Thailand.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh please give it a rest, they did not go inside the temple...

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

How about YOU give it a rest.

Outside the temple, inside the temple, beside the temple, in the carpark of the temple, on top of the temple. Anywhere they do this in a public place is detestable. Anyone who considers this as a reasonable, hilarious "prank" (as you called it) is on the same level as these butt-exposing cretins.

7 hours ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

I respond to the skill, hard labor and artistry of the architects and builders of Wat Arun with ass and do so without even an iota of appreciation

They may have been making an ironic comment on the slapdash renovations carried out by the Fine Arts department a few months ago. 

2 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

I am sure you don't mean to nag, but you certainly are. If you would have read my comment in the context in which it was made, this exchange would not have been necessary. Again, there is no evidence that they showed their naked butts inside the temple. And both photos quite clearly support that statement. Now if you have additional photos in which they did show their butt inside the temple, by all means post it. 

Everyone that replies to your nonsense is nagging, but you're not? ... and they should give it a break LOL.

You have no idea where they went, but you're side-stepping the whole issue. They exposed their butts in front of a sacred symbol of Thailand. You think that's hilarious There's no coming back from that - you're the equal of these butt-exposers. Perhaps you've done that yourself and that's why you're defending them.

Edited by tropo

12 minutes ago, tropo said:

Everyone that replies to your nonsense is nagging, but you're not? ... and they should give it a break LOL.

You have no idea where they went, but you're side-stepping the whole issue. They exposed their butts in front of a sacred symbol of Thailand. You think that's hilarious There's no coming back from that - you're the equal of these butt-exposers. Perhaps you've done that yourself and that's why you're defending them.

I am not side stepping the issue. I made it very clear what I meant. If for some reason it is still not clear, too bad, I already said I wanted to stop this useless exchange of words and splitting of hairs. We are not in kindergarten for crying out loud.

As to the attack on my motives, deal with it. I believe that what they did isn't all that bad.

I am not defending them, I am stating that lenghty jail sentences are way out of proportion. If you somehow think this is not the case, we are done talking, as that is simply unreasonable. It is here and should be everywhere in the world. I am very glad that the Thai authorities have let common sense prevail on this issue. 

35 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

I am not side stepping the issue. I made it very clear what I meant. If for some reason it is still not clear, too bad, I already said I wanted to stop this useless exchange of words and splitting of hairs. We are not in kindergarten for crying out loud.

As to the attack on my motives, deal with it. I believe that what they did isn't all that bad.

I am not defending them, I am stating that lenghty jail sentences are way out of proportion. If you somehow think this is not the case, we are done talking, as that is simply unreasonable. It is here and should be everywhere in the world. I am very glad that the Thai authorities have let common sense prevail on this issue. 

"We are not in kindergarten for crying out loud". Lol you could have fooled me.

If you're done with this, then perhaps you should "give it a break" and "stop nagging", to use your favourite (trolling) phrases that will always get responses. If this bothers you so much, just don't reply. Don't cry about it. I truly do hope we're done talking, but that's up to you.

I made no comment about the length of their time in jail, so I don't know why you brought that up.

I have no idea what your motives are. You think that people who expose their backsides in public are hilarious. Nothing but a "harmless prank" (your words), and that anyone who disagrees should grow a sense of humour. You're good with it, but skirted the question about how you'd go if your young kids, wife and mother (for example) were with you, viewing a gay couple take selfies of their filthy butts.

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

"We are not in kindergarten for crying out loud". Lol you could have fooled me.

If you're done with this, then perhaps you should "give it a break" and "stop nagging", to use your favourite (trolling) phrases that will always get responses. If this bothers you so much, just don't reply. Don't cry about it. I truly do hope we're done talking, but that's up to you.

I made no comment about the length of their time in jail, so I don't know why you brought that up.

I have no idea what your motives are. You think that people who expose their backsides in public are hilarious. Nothing but a "harmless prank" (your words), and that anyone who disagrees should grow a sense of humour. You're good with it, but skirted the question about how you'd go if your young kids, wife and mother (for example) were with you, viewing a gay couple take selfies of their filthy butts.

I was merely responding to one poster trying to explain what I meant, and after a clear explanation that poster continued nagging, even though I already explained exactly what I meant. Yes with that I am absolutely done with. Too bad you had to chime in and bring it up again twice...

You might not have made any comment on their time in jail, many others did. Re-read the thread if in doubt. Coupled with some classic appealing examples of Homophobia I might add. Funny how people should respect religion, but suddenly Gays don't warrent any respect. Again, re-read the thread if in doubt. 

And yes, a harmless prank. No-one go hurt, nothing got demolished, nobody got killed. Just a few egos got hurt. 

I am much obliged to answer the question (having said that, I don't have any kids). I would not make a stink at all. Wheter it was a gay couple, a straight couple or two women. Kids don't usually get traumatized by a few naked butts. Whether or not their butts were filthy is beyond the question, but I think that unnecessary addition gives a glance into your agenda. Good day. 

6 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

No-one is playing the gay victim card. Locking people up for taking a butt selfie makes one automatically a victim, gay, straight or transgender. The Thai authorities are thin skinned and are making a mountain out of a mole. 

Maybe forget that they are gay, and concentrate on the unjust idiotic and out of proportion punishment they have received. 

And NO in none of the other countries where they did the same, would they have been jailed. Because over there people do have a sense of humour. 

Oh so my opinion has now been turned into an agenda? And let me guess...you are suggesting I have an anti-gay agenda simply because I am against this couples’ behavior. That would be an example of you playing the game victim card. You are not being persecuted.

You and Jing are the two having trouble forgetting they are gay and making accusations they were treated harshly compared to the 20-year old sisters as your proof.

I responded above with just a few differences between the 20-year old sisters and the 34 year old men.

You seem to have glossed right over those differences.

The only thing these two guys are a victim of are their own stupidity and their apparent lack of remorse.

EDIT:

And I see in the post directly above you have now accused another poster of having an anti-gay agenda simply because he thinks these guys actions were wrong.

Suggesting everyone who disagrees with your opinion has an “agenda” is being unreasonable.

Edited by ClutchClark

2 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

You and Jing are the two having trouble forgetting they are gay and maybe accusations they were treated harshly compared to the 20-year old sisters as your proof.

I responded above with just a few differences between the 20-year old sisters and the 34 year old men.

You seem to have glossed right over those differences to continue with the gay victim thing.

The only thing these two guys are a victim of are their own stupidity and their apparent lack of remorse. Hopefully these two are not some of the gay communities finest.

I don't know, nor do I care about the sisters. I have no trouble forgetting that they are gay, simply because it is completely irrelevant. 

As said, I don't think they should be jailed, and I think the Thai authorities should have levied the fine, and after this should have let them go to Cambodia, which apparently was their intended destination from DMK.

In regards to the gay victim issue. The blatant homophobia, on this thread alone, speaks volumes. Nothing more do I have to add. If you don't want them "victimized" do not utter homophobic nonsense. 

Thank god these two gay married men came to Thailand and exposed there derrieres in public.  Through their act of humour, they have revealed more than their *sses and in fact have focused an entire forum on the cracks of expat society in Thailand.

150+ posts by an individual poster  on  a single topic must surely indicate a swelling of interest by those who appreciate the nuances of male semi nude art forms.  One can only imagine how strong the passion for acceptance of this particular media can be.

Others have learnt that to comment negatively on the gay married men from California causes a tirade of slurs, derogatory comments and the stinging label of homophobe to be hoisted upon them.  

Without a doubt, we shall remember the first gay married couple to be arrested in Thailand for their criminal behaviour.  I feel a statue at the entrance to Boyztown would be in order or at the very least, perhaps there names could be scratched into the walls of a bathroom wall at the Jomtien Complex.

31 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

I was merely responding to one poster trying to explain what I meant, and after a clear explanation that poster continued nagging, even though I already explained exactly what I meant. Yes with that I am absolutely done with. Too bad you had to chime in and bring it up again twice...

You might not have made any comment on their time in jail, many others did. Re-read the thread if in doubt. Coupled with some classic appealing examples of Homophobia I might add. Funny how people should respect religion, but suddenly Gays don't warrent any respect. Again, re-read the thread if in doubt. 

And yes, a harmless prank. No-one go hurt, nothing got demolished, nobody got killed. Just a few egos got hurt. 

I am much obliged to answer the question (having said that, I don't have any kids). I would not make a stink at all. Wheter it was a gay couple, a straight couple or two women. Kids don't usually get traumatized by a few naked butts. Whether or not their butts were filthy is beyond the question, but I think that unnecessary addition gives a glance into your agenda. Good day. 

LOL> The "homophobic" comments were for JT's benefit. Merry Christmas JT! I see he's busy liking every reply you make to me.

"No-one got hurt" you say? Aren't they lucky? If the wrong person (or right person depending on your point of view) caught them in the act they could have gotten seriously hurt or even killed.

Edited by tropo

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> The "homophobic" comments were for JT's benefit. Merry Christmas JT! I see he's busy liking every reply you make to me.

"No-one got hurt" you say? Aren't they lucky? If the wrong person (or right person depending on your point of view) caught them in the act they could have gotten seriously hurt or even killed.

Really ? Killed over showing their butt ? Oh my god. No doubt 40 on 2 in good Thai fashion. 

10 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

I don't know, nor do I care about the sisters. I have no trouble forgetting that they are gay, simply because it is completely irrelevant. 

As said, I don't think they should be jailed, and I think the Thai authorities should have levied the fine, and after this should have let them go to Cambodia, which apparently was their intended destination from DMK.

In regards to the gay victim issue. The blatant homophobia, on this thread alone, speaks volumes. Nothing more do I have to add. If you don't want them "victimized" do not utter homophobic nonsense. 

Now you accuse me of being homophobic simply because I disagree with you.

This is a technique used in an effort to belittle and discredit individuals who simply hold a differing opinion than you. 

You have absolutely zero insight or knowledge into my views about the subject. None.

It is you that appears to have an agenda.

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Really ? Killed over showing their butt ? Oh my god. No doubt 40 on 2 in good Thai fashion. 

Why would it take 40? One person with a gun could handle it.... or a couple of good fighters. These morons have no idea what can happen if you invoke the wrath of Thai people.

1 minute ago, ClutchClark said:

Now you accuse me of being homophobic simply because I disagree with you.

This is a technique used in an effort to belittle and discredit individuals who simply hold a differing opinion than you. 

You have absolutely zero insight or knowledge into my views about the subject. None.

It is you that appears to have an agenda.

No I did not accuse you of being homophobic, I said 'on this thread'. You complain about the 'gay victim' card that is being played out in your view, and I just gave you the reasoning behind it. 

As I said to another poster, re-read the thread, the homophobic posts of some are still there for anyone to read, despite it being in violation of forum guideline #10.

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

Why would it take 40? One person with a gun could handle it.... or a couple of good fighters. These morons have no idea what can happen if you invoke the wrath of Thai people.

Oh I agree, ask the bloke that desegrated the Erawan Shrine. Not that I agree with such actions, in such a case the medicine is far worse than the disease so to speak..

Edited by sjaak327