property transfer

hi can anyone tell me how much %  property transfer /stamp duty is due when a parent transfers their property to their child either after the parents death or during their life time, im not talking about inheritance tax im talking about transfer tax at the land office.

thanks

2 hours ago, cheeryble said:

I would be very interested to know too.......have thought about this before......also about any inheritance tax.

In fact my wife's mother got land from grandma a year ago .....still very much alive 

Perhaps she'll know something

i think inheritance starts at 50 million baht below that amount no tax to pay

once the  inheritor has received the property it needs to be transferred to the inheritor's  name at the land office this is the amount % im interested in.

pm me if you find out anything from your wife about mothers grandma 

8 hours ago, salavan said:

i think inheritance starts at 50 million baht below that amount no tax to pay

once the  inheritor has received the property it needs to be transferred to the inheritor's  name at the land office this is the amount % im interested in.

pm me if you find out anything from your wife about mothers grandma 

Wife didn't know the details.

Mother might know but probably left the figures to her brother.

If i cana learn anything from her in the next days sure I'll let you know.......brither just turns up sporadically.

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

It used to be 0.5% charge for family transfer. 

Thai neighbor did it a year back in Chiang Mai, transferred 20 Rai of land to each of his kids 8 yrs and 6 yrs old.

No tax or %, but he paid a 300Baht (total) admin fee. 

Hi, Thanks for all posts, can anyone tell me, my thai friend is buying 5 rai of land from her uncle, (thai too ) In Nong Bua Lam Phu, Apart from the buying price to her uncle, What more does she have to pay, I.E. transfer fees and to whom and where please, Thanks in advance, steve.

38 minutes ago, SteveMack said:

Hi, Thanks for all posts, can anyone tell me, my thai friend is buying 5 rai of land from her uncle, (thai too ) In Nong Bua Lam Phu, Apart from the buying price to her uncle, What more does she have to pay, I.E. transfer fees and to whom and where please, Thanks in advance, steve.

Fees and taxes are imposed by the Land office for change of ownership on the land title deed.

41 minutes ago, trogers said:

Fees and taxes are imposed by the Land office for change of ownership on the land title deed.

And if the LTO (Land Titles office) does impose a tax or a fee it's assesses by / decided by / and payable to the LTO which covers that district and which will note the ownership changes on the actual land title document (in Thai the land title is a 'chanut'), both the chanut copy held by the seller which is then passed to the buyer, and the master copy which is permenantly held at the local LTO office.  

Edited by scorecard

23 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And if the LTO (Land Titles office) does impose a tax or a fee it's assesses by / decided by / and payable to the LTO which covers that district and which will note the ownership changes on the actual land title document (in Thai the land title is a 'chanut'), both the chanut copy held by the seller which is then passed to the buyer, and the master copy which is permenantly held at the local LTO office.  

Land office is called Kom Ti Din in Thai for the benefit of your Thai gf.

36 minutes ago, wolfmanjack said:

When we transferred land into our kids name the land office tried to charge us the same as if it was a sale. We told them our lawyer said it was supposed to be free except for the filing fee but we ended up paying 1% 

The land office tried to pull a fast one when they see a farang...?

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Land office is called Kom Ti Din in Thai for the benefit of your Thai gf.

Do anyone  know roughly how much it would cost fo transfer ownership of 5 rai ? Thanks

Edited by SteveMack
more info.

5 minutes ago, SteveMack said:

Do anyone  know roughly how much it would cost fo transfer ownership of 5 rai ? Thanks

Would depend on the assessed value of land in the said location. Someone posted a 1% transfer fee x assessment  value, between relations.

35 minutes ago, trogers said:

Would depend on the assessed value of land in the said location. Someone posted a 1% transfer fee x assessment  value, between relations.

Say the assessed value for one rai of farmland is Bt100k, five rais would be Bt500k and 1% would be Bt5000.