Tm-30 fine

5 hours ago, juice777 said:

Also if I am lucky enough to have a one night stand with a Tourist do I have to walk her to a photo copying shop in the morning to copy her passport. Or maybe just dump her outside JT imaragtion and let her sort it out.

Your question illustrates one of many reasons why you should not become entangled in long term (24+ hour) relationships in Thailand. As long as your love interest of the moment does not stay at least 24 hours, there is no legal obligation to notify immigration.

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2017 at 6:09 PM, jamie2009 said:

It’s a grey area, I changed address, rental to new rental, so I should have informed Immigration likewise the owner according to Jomtien.

I reported a change of address at Jomtien earlier this year without a TM30. I can't remember the form number, but it was a "report change of address" form. Perhaps it's just up to luck and who is on duty at the time.

Edited by tropo

37 minutes ago, tropo said:

I reported a change of address at Jomtien earlier this year without a TM30. I can't remember the form number, but it was a "report change of address" form. Perhaps it's just up to luck and who is on duty at the time.

That would more than likely have been the TM28 form (the one the alien is, according to the law, always supposed to do himself). I think someone reported that Jomtien accept a kind of combined TM28/TM30, but am not sure which form they actually use for that.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

That would more than likely have been the TM28 form (the one the alien is, according to the law, always supposed to do himself). I think someone reported that Jomtien accept a kind of combined TM28/TM30, but am not sure which form they actually use for that.

I reported my change of address at Jomtien using a TM-30 a few months back - submitted to the TM-30 desk.  They didn't input it into the system, and on my next visit for other business**, months later, only my receipt saved me from a fine.

** (The family-desk seem to have a terminal-access to the TM-30 database, and use it, among other arbitrary means, to avoid processing as many non-agent applications as possible.)

On 12/15/2017 at 2:13 PM, Tanoshi said:

That is not disinformation, there are reports of foreigners being fined at Chonburi.

It's Immigrations consistency to be inconsistent that causes the confusion.

Read Jack's post 26 that confirms the inconsistency.

No different elsewhere around the Country.

My own Immigration request a new TM30 if you move to a new permanent residency, or if you leave and return to the same residency after re-entering the Country. I comply regardless and have never been fined.

Others haven't complied but never been fined. Others were caught out when renewing extensions or making a 90 day report and the IO's noticed a new entry stamp, so they were fined.

It's up to individuals to check the requirements with their own Immigration offices, then choose whether to comply or not.

I won't be paying their fines, so it's up to them.

Here's my story, which will possibly add even more confusion.

In June, at Jomtien, I reported a change of address one month late. I did not complete a TM30 as my foreign landlord was unable (or unwilling) to provide the documents I needed (the real estate contract makes him liable for any fine I'm given). Without a TM30 filed, I changed my address, completed a retirement extension and have 90-day reported 3 times. I was not fined and the TM30 was never mentioned.

"It's immigrations consistency to be inconsistent that causes the confusion" sums it up quite well... but this has the added "benefit" of making any "official rules" quite meaningless. It also makes it pointless to analyze them with a fine tooth comb. Everyone has a different experience. (I added this last paragraph for the benefit of many forum members who seem to gloat about having it all worked out, suggesting that the rest of us are idiots because we can't read and understand the rules).

• Like 2