Prawit caught red-handed? More watch photos emerge

webfact

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, it isn't.  Just because some old poof writer said it once doesn't make it true.  He actually said "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence.”  I wonder why most people who quote it omit the last part?

Sometimes sarcarm is the best way to ridicule and make a point especially about religion or dictatorships.

Just look at the cartoons on The Nation. GREAT!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong ...

I think the rule is that assets must be declared when taking office, and again when leaving office.

If he can show that he purchased the watches after taking office as DPM he is home and dry (unless someone comes up with photos of him wearing them before he became DPM).

Of course, there are serious questions to be asked about how he can afford such luxuries.

Edited by chickenslegs

I've just googled Richard Mille watches and I can honestly say they are watches that do nothing for me at all. The man himself (Richard Mille) justifies the high prices by saying they are technically unique.

Perhaps this is an example of what is wrong with the world.

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I've just googled Richard Mille watches and I can honestly say they are watches that do nothing for me at all. The man himself (Richard Mille) justifies the high prices by saying they are technically unique.

Perhaps this is an example of what is wrong with the world.

This was my point I was trying to make earlier,,, Yes, LOTS of technical innovation in them,, etc,, but virtually useless as a time piece, nearly impossible to read,, they are a status piece,, As I also said,, he could'a pulled off a solid gold Rolex,, but they aren't "enough" for him,,, lolol

3 hours ago, lensta said:

" His latest declaration valued his total total assets at Bt87 million. "

Why does nobody ask how a career army officer amassed 87,000,000 Baht?

The Thai Army must pay well. Surely this comes under the "Unusual Wealth"

category even though it might be on the lower end of the scale.

I wonder (because I don't know) who, or which organisation, decides whether an investigation should be opened to determine whether someone is "unusually wealthy".    -   Does someone have to first make a complaint to the Police or the relevant organisation ?  Or does the organisation just decide by itself to start an investigation ?

54 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Correct.....the trend for younger hi-so, is Panerai....RM are a very exclusive brand..so obviously Prawit is extremely wealthy indeed.....but he only owns a B200K vehicle...odd:))

not odd. he just borrows his mates cars the same his watches when he wants to. i believe the boss man has both a 7 series and an s class to lend out to his mate when need be

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

for all we know and for all we will ever know, the could really be knock-offs.

Hmm, hardly possible to make cheap copies of this kind of watches, as these R M models have a so-called 'skeletton' mechanism, where you see through the glass all tiny parts detailed, ...and moving (which so much clutter the view it is difficult to see the hands and read the time, LOL).

Maybe an idea for people wearing a watch who have 'the honour' to meet Mr DPM Prawit, would be a special kind of 'salute'. After the compulsory high wai, to fold the left arm, bringing their watch at the level of their belly button. Nothing rude in itself, but obvious enough...

Here is the transcript from Prawit in a private conversation to NATT.

" You make this public that i'm a bad guy and did not  borrow these watches your gone and no pay to NACC . Rule that I, "am a sweet honest guy to the public and did borrow them",  then you I will be rewarded with a Rolex and keep your job!. Which direction do you wish to take?

"Employee says give me a microsecond. I agree".

3 hours ago, glasswort said:

Wonderful command of the English language: barts(baht), blinged (sorry. no idea), Roli' (Rolex), offa (from) .. (.), gangsta (gangster), .? (?). 

Dreadfully sorry old chap please allow me to ( re ) present my observations in a more grammatically acceptable reply .. 

If Mr Prawit had availed himself of an ostentatious imitation Rolex from one of the merchants offering such wares along the beach for the sum of a 1000 baht ( and depending on you're negotiating skills for less ) then it is quite likely that he may not have become the centre of such attention as the wearing of fake Rolex timepieces here is quite prevalent .. though other knock-offs are also available .. Modern day gangsters prefer a 'sta or 'stah at the end of pronunciation as opposed to the more traditional 'ster and insist on being referred to as such .. Allegedly .. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong ...

I think the rule is that assets must be declared when taking office, and again when leaving office.

If he can show that he purchased the watches after taking office as DPM he is home and dry (unless someone comes up with photos of him wearing them before he became DPM).

Of course, there are serious questions to be asked about how he can afford such luxuries.

No serious question there, just good investments, all fully documented of course , yeah - what would be right, wouldn't it? 

36 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

They're obviously just cheap rip-offs.

:smile: That's where he should be thinking. Depending on how deep he thinks he is depends how much he should be paying. Two snaps below are just random on what is on offer out there in different price ranges..........

RM-01.jpg.24222a83034cc69968a8d2db2d85a028.jpg

RM-02.jpg.d758195e71a949bcf64e20a896c5a9d7.jpg

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Ok soalbundy. That's good. A fellow Essexcateer.

Things have changed big time although the girls have not changed much. Still a tad over weight and still refusing to shave their arm-pit hair.

Was it you say that the girls now dye the armpit hair the colours of their fav. football team?

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

To be honest I'd never heard of a Richard Mille watch until this topic arose. I'm off to Laos next month. Can get a Rado or Rolex for 500 bt or so. I'll ask about this Richard Mille stuff.

But what intrigues me - and I didn't notice until this watch and ring thing blew up - is just how short the guy is. I understood that anyone under 1.5 metres tall couldn't join the Thai Military.

He was allowed to keep his Prada shoes with heel lift! :smile:

3 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

:smile: That's where he should be thinking. Depending on how deep he thinks he is depends how much he should be paying. Two snaps below are just random on what is on offer out there in different price ranges..........

RM-01.jpg.24222a83034cc69968a8d2db2d85a028.jpg

RM-02.jpg.d758195e71a949bcf64e20a896c5a9d7.jpg

definitely no class there...

28 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Was it you say that the girls now dye the armpit hair the colours of their fav. football team?

When I was in Essex two years ago some girls who support WHU were dying their underarm hair in their colours. Dagenham and Redbridge fans too. I don't know about other clubs; Colchester, Southend, L Orient etc..

Essex girls pride themselves on their quick and cutting humour.

I said to my first girlfrend from Dagenham Dock.

"Darling; put something behind your ears to make me fancy you."

She put feet in position.

"In that pose you look just like your older sister" said I.

"That's what all your mates say Owl."

Born with quick repartee skills; those Essex girls. 

Edited by owl sees all

20 minutes ago, Artisi said:

definitely no class there...

Exactly what Adeeos was saying earlier in the thread; these are showpieces and not true functioning watches. I would have great difficulty even reading the time of most of them.

I'm obviously in the wrong class here, I spent something like 16,000 baht (I think) on my working watch and I would hold that against any of the RM watches for performance. Day or night................:thumbsup:

watch-01c.jpg.abf9f4e60c5feec3af6883582074c9b2.jpg