Video: No "Road Rage" now we have "Road Denial"- but at least there are 2 million witnesses!

webfact

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

As if a Thai driver is going to claim responsibility for anything.

regards worgeordie

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

SPOILER ALERT

thai refuses to accept responsibility for their actions. (even though it's patently obvious to everyone who is to blame.)

8 hours ago, mok199 said:

lack of responsibility combined with absence of shame combined with saving face...priceless

Not only Thai are doing that!

Had my last accident, when an older Australian "gentleman" was overtaking with his truck with far too much speed on a lane marked as blocked for traffic and then suddenly changing the lane, crashing in my car.

According to him, it was my fault, because of me speeding and his Farang passenger supported that ...

Luckily, I had a dashcam and even his own insurance agent was literally rolling on the floor, when he saw the video.

I can only recommend to everyone:

Install a webcam and lock the video file after a crash. - The only chance to win against illusionary driver and their witnesses.

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The vast majority on this thread are not discussing the incident, they are "throwing all Thais into one basket", with the exception of PremiumLane.

Maybe they’ve have 20-30yrs experience of driving in Thailand.

22 hours ago, samsensam said:

SPOILER ALERT

thai refuses to accept responsibility for their actions. (even though it's patently obvious to everyone who is to blame.)

Many Thais  are compulsive liars, no need to beat about the bush amidst cries of "Thai Bashing" from the TV audience.

20 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

Not only Thai are doing that!

Had my last accident, when an older Australian "gentleman" was overtaking with his truck with far too much speed on a lane marked as blocked for traffic and then suddenly changing the lane, crashing in my car.

According to him, it was my fault, because of me speeding and his Farang passenger supported that ...

Luckily, I had a dashcam and even his own insurance agent was literally rolling on the floor, when he saw the video.

I can only recommend to everyone:

Install a webcam and lock the video file after a crash. - The only chance to win against illusionary driver and their witnesses.

You are too kind to them.  What you really mean is the only chance to win against lying, cheating scumbags !

7 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Got that fact of a friend who actually speaks thai

Yep; Thai FIL told me Thai's are taught from when they are small children to lie when they are wrong, lie when they are not sure, lie when they don't know and shut up the rest of the time !

45 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Maybe they've had 20 or 30 years experience of tarring very Thai with the same brush.

Many Thais have also expressed their opinion to me, of what they consider to be the bad driving habits of the overwhelming majority of Thais. There options are of course back up by facts and figures.

40 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Many Thais have also expressed their opinion to me, of what they consider to be the bad driving habits of the overwhelming majority of Thais. There options are of course back up by facts and figures.

There's a big difference between what you've heard from a few Thais' and their opinions linked to accident statistics and tarring all Thais with the same brush!

45 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

There's a big difference between what you've heard from a few Thais' and their opinions linked to accident statistics and tarring all Thais with the same brush!

And there’s a big difference in burying ones head in the ground, and in being aware of what is actually taking place. Amazing that you can disregard national and international statistics that show that Thailand is the most dangerous country in the WoRLD for road accidents.

19 hours ago, nontabury said:

And there’s a big difference in burying ones head in the ground, and in being aware of what is actually taking place. Amazing that you can disregard national and international statistics that show that Thailand is the most dangerous country in the WoRLD for road accidents.

I'm not ignoring it.  The problem that you're creating is that accident numbers was not what was being discussed; throwing all Thais in the same basket/tarring with the same brush is what I was commenting on and that has nothing to do with accident statistics.

10 hours ago, gunderhill said:

There's also a big  difference  between "many" and  "all".

None of those doing the usual Thai-bashing condemned "many Thais", there has been only reference to Thai drivers/road users.  There's a difference between "Thais" and "many Thais".