Enforcing reporting new residence rules.

I have a permanent long time residence, where i have stayed with my family for several years, in the northeast. Of course, this is the address I always report to imm. 

Sometimes i leave for business trips or short holidays. The hotels i stay in should report that i stay there. Question: Should i too - as the rules are inforced today - report this short time change of residence ? (I can imagine situations where this becomes crazy, for example, a one night stay in bkk.)

For trips within the country there is no need for you to report to immigration after returning.

Only the most pedant offices check to see if you have had a report done by a hotel and I am not aware of any office here in the northeast doing it,

16 minutes ago, bow said:

After returning, yes, but what about reporting to imm where i am staying temporarily, that i am there. That would mean two reports, of course, one from me and one from the hotel. 

It it is the hotel responsibility to do the report. If the hotel did not do the report immigration would have no way of knowing you had stayed in a hotel. It they did the report the only way immigration would know about it would be to go into a dedicated database where those reports are kept and search for it. Most immigration offices will not bother doing it.

You do not need to worry about the report after the traveling within the country.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bow said:

After returning, yes, but what about reporting to imm where i am staying temporarily, that i am there. That would mean two reports, of course, one from me and one from the hotel. 

Try to avoid big franchise hotels, they are the most troublesome and deserve hate.

I never checkin at any hotel with my name, Thai do it, and only the big brands insist to see my passport, so nor I insist to avoid them like plage, poor succkkers they are.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For trips within the country there is no need for you to report to immigration after returning.

Only the most pedant offices check to see if you have had a report done by a hotel and I am not aware of any office here in the northeast doing it,

Can you post and pin the list of provinces where they do it ?

People are getting really paranoid about this matter of reporting to immigration every time they step out of the front door!

It makes me wonder if they ever get the time to chill and enjoy life in Thailand or are on a perpetual merry-go-round of worry.

I'm so glad I live up in the boonies (in a town) where no one gives a damn about anything so petty.

Many of the guys that are frequent visitors for a few weeks at a time have never done a TM30 and stay in their own houses, they are totally oblivious to the ruling. A few of the more conscientious guys do report when they arrive from overseas who are aware of the ruling but most ignore and nothing has happened yet! Our local immigration is quite a stickler to the rules but even they cannot be bothered with a rule that is so petty. JFI & MHO.   

• Like 2