Fuji F30

sceadugenga

My dear old Kodak Easyshare went to camera heaven last year and as I'm going back to Australia via Singapore Airport I thought I would pick up a replacement there.

A guy on another forum spoke highly of the Fuji F30 which is in my price range. I've checked the reviews and it seems to do all I want. Techie I am not, I just need a camera for happy snaps but I want some thing that operates fairly fast, the ability to go clickclickclick. Is this shutter lag? Any comments from people who know this camera would be welcome, or other recommendations would be considered.

I picked my F30 up a few days ago. The many top web reviews are spot on. As for rapid shots, it is not so great, but does have a useful feature where it takes 3 in a row in about 1.5 seconds (i think). However, when you press the button, it takes some time for it to focus before the shutter opens, so there is some lag there. Dont know how this compares to the comp. There is another similar feature where it takes the last 3 frames (1.5 secs) from the point where you release the button (after depressing it and waiting for the action).