Do Thai Immigration Have Spouse/dependent Visa?

Need some advise here.

Currently, I have a valid working permit with Non-B Immigration Visa and my company are in the process applying for 1 year visa.

I would like to know what type of Visa that I can apply for my wife to stay in Bangkok with me. Please advise the type of visa and procedure if any.

p/s : my wife have entry and stay in Bangkok for almost 80 days now. I'm awared that she only can stayed for 90days within 6 mths period.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

i'm in the same situation as your wife's. i will leave to Kuala Lumpur (24-27 Jan) to apply for this visa as an dependent. this is a non-immigrate visa catelog "O", which has to be applied in any thai embassy or consulate, rather than inside thailand.

here's the information i got:

Initial place to contact: An alien must apply for non-immigrant visa "code O" at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before he/she enters the country.

Duration of the first permit: As warranted by this visa, the applicant will receive permission to stay for 90 days. Duration of extension: The Immigration Office will grant that applicant a maximum extension of one year at a time.

Requirements:

1. Application Form T.M. 7.

2. A copy of passport or substitute document.

3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.

4. Marriage certificate. - i've got it translated in thai

5. 500 baht fee. - another info shows 1,900 baht

6. Birth certificate (if any). - doesn't matter

& current medical original certificate ( any Thai clinic will do for 30-50 baht). - the immigration officer in phuket didn't mention it, but i will have it done in any case

7. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has a Thai nationality or has residence in Thailand. - i'll bring a house agreement. or maybe the resident provement issued by immigration office is better (just bring your passport, work permit, house agreement, then will receive it easily)

8. If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence (>40,000 per family), proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.

although eventually not all the above are requested by the consulate, better to provide more than less.

as i've understood, the embassy / consulate will issue a visa allows to stay upto 90 days, afterward, can have it renewed upto 1 year at the immigration office in thailand.

however, if your work permit is valid less than 90 days the time when your wife applies for her depentent visa, she will receive permission to stay till your work permit's expired. once you have your work permit renewed, she can apply for extension at the immigration office afterwards.

JiaJia - Many thanks for all the details. Really helpful. BTW...are u a Malaysian?

Thanks again...

i'm in the same situation as your wife's. i will leave to Kuala Lumpur (24-27 Jan) to apply for this visa as an dependent. this is a non-immigrate visa catelog "O", which has to be applied in any thai embassy or consulate, rather than inside thailand.

Initial place to contact: An alien must apply for non-immigrant visa "code O" at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before he/she enters the country.

Duration of the first permit: As warranted by this visa, the applicant will receive permission to stay for 90 days. Duration of extension: The Immigration Office will grant that applicant a maximum extension of one year at a time.

Requirements:

3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.

& current medical original certificate ( any Thai clinic will do for 30-50 baht). - the immigration officer in phuket didn't mention it, but i will have it done in any case

7. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has a Thai nationality or has residence in Thailand. - i'll bring a house agreement. or maybe the resident provement issued by immigration office is better (just bring your passport, work permit, house agreement, then will receive it easily)

8. If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence (>40,000 per family), proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.

although eventually not all the above are requested by the consulate, better to provide more than less.

as i've understood, the embassy / consulate will issue a visa allows to stay upto 90 days, afterward, can have it renewed upto 1 year at the immigration office in thailand.

however, if your work permit is valid less than 90 days the time when your wife applies for her depentent visa, she will receive permission to stay till your work permit's expired. once you have your work permit renewed, she can apply for extension at the immigration office afterwards.

no, chinese instead. got used to all those kinda paper work. as long as have all well-prepared, wont got prob, i suppose.

i'm in phuket at the moment by holding TR visa. will be in KL during 24-27th Jan for non-imm O visa process. PM me, if ur wife applies the visa around the same time. maybe we can go to the thai embassy together. if she applies for later, i will msg you after 27th for actual details.

cheers

Requirements:

3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.

Sorry but this info is wrong. Someone has given JiaJia the required docs if he is supporting a Thai to apply for the visa at the Consulate.

Simontree has a foreign wife and I surmise JaiJai has as well. If you have a tourist visa, it can be changed to a "O" visa without leaving Thailand.

Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86)

Copy to passport entries.

4 X 6 cm. Photograph.

Application fee of 2,000 baht.

Passport and work permit of the foreigner who is granted permission to stay in Thailand

Registration papers of the company, with details of the company's objectives.

VAT registration.

List of the Board of Directors.

Documents proving that the applicant is the wife or husband ; a marriage certificate

Letter from a embassy or consulate in Thailand ( wherever the marriage took place....example if it was Amsterdam then you go to the Dutch Embassy in BKk) , certifying that the applicant is of the referred family, This certificate copy then must be translated into Thai and certified by the Department of Protocol, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If however the wife is going to a Consulate/ Embassy, she takes a copy of the foreigners work permit who is granted permission to stay in Thailand, Registration papers of the company( foreigner who is employed by them and granted permission to stay in Thailand), with details of the company's objectives, VAT registration. List of the Board of Directors. Letter from the company that you are employed and that the wife needs a "O" visa to join you as the husband and you have a work permit.Copy of the marriage certificate. two 4 X 6 cm. Photograph

Once she has the "O" visa either from going to the Embassy or changing it in Thailand, she would apply as a dependent of you for a extension of stay permit.

1. Application form

2. Copy of passport of the applicant

3. Copy of passport of the foreigner who is granted permission to stay in Thailand.

4. Copy of documents showing the relationship such as the evidence of marriage, copy of birth certificate of the children. Letter from a Embassy or consulate in Thailand ( wherever the marriage took place....example if it was Amsterdam then you go to the Dutch Embassy in BKk) , certifying that the applicant is of the referred family, This certificate copy then must be translated into Thai and certified by the Department of Protocol, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

5. Copy of work permit of the foreigner who is granted permission to stay in Thailand

6. One "4 X 6 cm." Photograph

Our professional fee is 3,900 Baht and the government fee is 1,900 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 2 weeks later...

just back from KL, didn't get non-imm O visa still, which is not unexpected... gor a TR visa instead, have antoher 30 days to prepare the docs.

here're the requirements (a print out given by the visa officer):

DEPENDANT VISA (dependant of spouse or parent working in Thailand)

- Completed visa application form

- Orignial passport valid not less than 6 months and copy of passport

- Recent passport-sized colored photograph(s)

- Original and copy of Offical Marriage Certificate (for spouse)

- Copy of birth certificate (for children)

- Documents required from the inviting company in Thailand:

* Original invitation letter stating applicant's name, passport number and relationship with company's employee, requesting for Non-Immigration Type "O" visa

* Copy of the company's registration certified by authorized director

* Copy of the company's shareholders

* Copy of the company's latest balance sheet

* Copy of the inviting company's registration of valued-added tax (VAT).

* Copy of the work permit (if any)

VISA FEE:

- single entry: RM200

- multiple entries: RM500

CONSULAR HOUR:

- visa application: 09:30 - 11:30am

- visa collection: 11:30 - 12:30am (on the next working day)

Open on Mon - Fri. further contact: 603-214 8822 ext 015/016

NOTE:

application must apply in person and must have all required documents ready for submission. only properly completed application forms will be accepted.

All fees paid are not refundable.

i was told clrealy (at least by the visa officer in KL) that this non-imm O dependant visa can only be applied at thai embassy or consulate abroad, not at imm office in thailand.

The consulate may have been confused due to the terminology used.

1. At the consulate you apply for a non-imm O visa, purpose of visit “to visit family”

2. When in Thailand, during the last 30 days of your permission to stay, you apply at the immigration office for an extension of stay, reason for application “ to live with my husband”

The complete sequence of the above two steps is sometimes called “dependent visa”, but in reality it is not one thing, but two chronologically separate things.

If you enter Thailand not with a non-O visa but with a tourist visa you can, when in Thailand, apply at the immigration office for a change of visa status to non-O and then apply for the extension of stay.

--

Maestro

just back from KL, didn't get non-imm O visa still, which is not unexpected... gor a TR visa instead, have antoher 30 days to prepare the docs.

here're the requirements (a print out given by the visa officer):

DEPENDANT VISA (dependant of spouse or parent working in Thailand)

- Completed visa application form

- Orignial passport valid not less than 6 months and copy of passport

- Recent passport-sized colored photograph(s)

- Original and copy of Offical Marriage Certificate (for spouse)

- Copy of birth certificate (for children)

- Documents required from the inviting company in Thailand:

* Original invitation letter stating applicant's name, passport number and relationship with company's employee, requesting for Non-Immigration Type "O" visa

* Copy of the company's registration certified by authorized director

* Copy of the company's shareholders

* Copy of the company's latest balance sheet

* Copy of the inviting company's registration of valued-added tax (VAT).

* Copy of the work permit (if any)

VISA FEE:

- single entry: RM200

- multiple entries: RM500

CONSULAR HOUR:

- visa application: 09:30 - 11:30am

- visa collection: 11:30 - 12:30am (on the next working day)

Open on Mon - Fri. further contact: 603-214 8822 ext 015/016

NOTE:

application must apply in person and must have all required documents ready for submission. only properly completed application forms will be accepted.

All fees paid are not refundable.

Hi

Is the same documentation required for the 'dependants visa' if the spouse is retired? :o

Requirements:

3. One 4*6 cm. Photo.

Sorry but this info is wrong. Someone has given JiaJia the required docs if he is supporting a Thai to apply for the visa at the Consulate.

Simontree has a foreign wife and I surmise JaiJai has as well. If you have a tourist visa, it can be changed to a "O" visa without leaving Thailand.

Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86)

Copy to passport entries.

4 X 6 cm. Photograph.

Application fee of 2,000 baht.

Passport and work permit of the foreigner who is granted permission to stay in Thailand

Registration papers of the company, with details of the company's objectives.

VAT registration.

List of the Board of Directors.

Documents proving that the applicant is the wife or husband ; a marriage certificate

Letter from a embassy or consulate in Thailand ( wherever the marriage took place....example if it was Amsterdam then you go to the Dutch Embassy in BKk) , certifying that the applicant is of the referred family, This certificate copy then must be translated into Thai and certified by the Department of Protocol, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If however the wife is going to a Consulate/ Embassy, she takes a copy of the foreigners work permit who is granted permission to stay in Thailand, Registration papers of the company( foreigner who is employed by them and granted permission to stay in Thailand), with details of the company's objectives, VAT registration. List of the Board of Directors. Letter from the company that you are employed and that the wife needs a "O" visa to join you as the husband and you have a work permit.Copy of the marriage certificate. two 4 X 6 cm. Photograph

Once she has the "O" visa either from going to the Embassy or changing it in Thailand, she would apply as a dependent of you for a extension of stay permit.

1. Application form

2. Copy of passport of the applicant

3. Copy of passport of the foreigner who is granted permission to stay in Thailand.

4. Copy of documents showing the relationship such as the evidence of marriage, copy of birth certificate of the children. Letter from a Embassy or consulate in Thailand ( wherever the marriage took place....example if it was Amsterdam then you go to the Dutch Embassy in BKk) , certifying that the applicant is of the referred family, This certificate copy then must be translated into Thai and certified by the Department of Protocol, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

5. Copy of work permit of the foreigner who is granted permission to stay in Thailand

6. One "4 X 6 cm." Photograph

Our professional fee is 3,900 Baht and the government fee is 1,900 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi

Can I just query No 4 'This certificate copy then must be translated into Thai and certified by the Department of Protocol, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I have been informed several times that I do not need my marriage certificate translating into Thai or certified by MFA. Is this only required if your spouse is Thai? We are both British.

Hi

Is the same documentation required for the 'dependants visa' if the spouse is retired? :o

No because the retired person is not working for a Thai company.
Hi

Can I just query No 4 'This certificate copy then must be translated into Thai and certified by the Department of Protocol, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I have been informed several times that I do not need my marriage certificate translating into Thai or certified by MFA. Is this only required if your spouse is Thai? We are both British.

If you both are British, it is required for changing the visa from a tourist to an "O" visa inside Thailand. In the extension of stay section, depends on the officer, if he will require it to be translated and certified. To be 100% sure, best to get it translated and certified. Otherwise roll the dice. Of course, if we are involved, we know which officers ask for it and which don't require it. :-)

this question is for sunbelt!

i am uk lady,living in thailand with thai boyfriend[not married]we have a 4 week old baby,i am on a visa extension,i need to change my visa asap

can you tell me what visa i can get[at suan plu] and how much!

thanks

What type of visa you have now? How long have you had it?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Sunbelt,

My wife got the Single-Entry Non-Imm O Visa at Penang last week. Any chance to convert this O visa to multiple entry O visa. She need to travel to Spore on weekly basis.

Myself.. i have a work permit with Non-Imm B visa. Pending for one year visa as my company have yet to submit the lastest financial end year 31 Mar 2006. If i use Sunbelt services, are you able to get the one year visa with financial end year 31 Mar 2005.

Thanks....

Sunbelt,

My wife got the Single-Entry Non-Imm O Visa at Penang last week. Any chance to convert this O visa to multiple entry O visa. She need to travel to Spore on weekly basis.

Two options..

1. To go to a Embassy/Consulate that will give a one year multi entry visa.

2. You get a extension of stay permit and she is a dependant off your permit. She then gets a multi entry permit after getting the dependant permit/visa.

Myself.. i have a work permit with Non-Imm B visa. Pending for one year visa as my company have yet to submit the lastest financial end year 31 Mar 2006. If i use Sunbelt services, are you able to get the one year visa with financial end year 31 Mar 2005.

Yes we are able to. The audit in 2005 must show a minimum net equity of one million Baht and your companies’ turnover was higher than the foreigner’s salaries in 2007.

Please call 02-642-0213

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

hi sun belt i was on voa before then recived a 3 month visa extension due to the fact i was 8 months pregnant.can i change visas in bangkok? i cannot travel really as i look after my baby 24/7 [boyf works!]

Sorry you would not be able to.

1.You are not married

2. Not working in a business.

3. You are not over 50 years old

4. You did not have a non immigrant visa before Oct 1st.

5. You are not going to school.

6. I surmise your baby and you are healthy.

No condition at this point can be met.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com