• Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring perhaps because the software makes it so. One vote, no action. Still we got 3000+ posts out of it and no cats were harmed or abducted for the first time in years.  I think Geronimo deserves a poster-of-the-year poster of the year award. I nominate him now, can we have a seconder and a quick yea or nay?
Boring definitely.
You're right the lack of vote change function really takes the juice out of it.
Which is why I have advocated before for final final one on one contest at the end of the two front runners.
Already rejected for this year of course but suggest considering doing that strongly on future.
That way there really is one last chance for all to change votes!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, Jingthing said:

Boring definitely.
You're right the lack of vote change function really takes the juice out of it.
Which is why I have advocated before for final final one on one contest at the end of the two front runners.
Already rejected for this year of course but suggest considering doing that strongly on future.
That way there really is one last chance for all to change votes!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

JT, you're alive!  I thought this year, instead of kidnapping cats, one of the top two contestants had kidnapped JT this year.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Scott - Can I concede?

Nope.   Not yet Baboon.  Never give up hope.   Look what happened with Trump....oh, and I am not comparing you to Trump.   I like you.   I am just making a comparison with how elections go!

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

This is the actual footage of the crowing of 2014 POTY.  Ah, those were the days, when voters could change their votes many times and up to the last minute, all the candidates posted in the campaign thread and started side threads all over ThaiVisa pleading for votes; cats, cars and children and wives were kidnapped or maligned.  And untold sums of money changed hands.  Didn't we all look glamorous ?  Me, JT, Trans and several others who no longer grace this forum.  We really made an effort in those days.  

ThaiVisa is a shell of its former self.  Indeed. 

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Boring perhaps because the software makes it so. One vote, no action. Still we got 3000+ posts out of it and no cats were harmed or abducted for the first time in years.  I think Geronimo deserves a poster-of-the-year poster of the year award. I nominate him now, can we have a seconder and a quick yea or nay?

seconded and motion approved.

54 minutes ago, Scott said:

Nope.   Not yet Baboon.  Never give up hope.   Look what happened with Trump....oh, and I am not comparing you to Trump.   I like you.   I am just making a comparison with how elections go!

But Scott... Nobody actually nominated me in the first place. It was a canuckamuck administrative error that saw me in the running... 

Edited by baboon

6 minutes ago, baboon said:

But Scott... Nobody actually nominated me in the first place. It was a canuckamuck administrative error that saw me in the running... 

An administrative error, my backside!!!   You can't trust those Canadians, they never make administrative errors.....they are very smart and very cunning.   That is why they are so damned nice to everyone; they are very busy outsmarting them.  

:sorry:

1 minute ago, Scott said:

An administrative error, my backside!!!   You can't trust those Canadians, they never make administrative errors.....they are very smart and very cunning.   That is why they are so damned nice to everyone; they are very busy outsmarting them.  

:sorry:

But I was never nominated in the first place. I call for POTY 2017 to be declared null and void owing to the plethora of irregularities.