Garage with Ford obd code reader

mran66

Trying to avoid Ford pattaya like plague as service so bad, however have abs warning light on so would need to read the code behind the error. 

Anyone aware of a place with obd reader that can read ford codes other than ford pattaya? 

Edited by mran66

I have a Ford mechanic ex-dealership guy who does a lot of repairs on Fords and Mazda and has good access to parts, unfortunately not in Pattaya, otherwise most garage should have obd reader now, they might freak out if they're only used to Toyotas and Hondas.

Bosch Service in Esso petrol station Naklua, north of Bangkok Hospital can definitely read the code and look it up, but they can't diagnose for much, only replace parts

• Like 1

You can purchase an ELM 327 module which plugs into your OBDII diagnostic plug which is blue tooth enabled.  Android or iPhone your choice.  Perhaps the tricky part would be the software needed to explore the ABS codes as most software will only do the engine generic part.  There is Ford specific software available although I haven't explored this option yet, it does say it will do the ABS part though and it's for Android only.  Software Program

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

thanks for those who provided comments  - visited couple of workshops before the time of posting, however

those did not have the ELM327 thingy, a bit surprising actually as they only cost a little.

have my own but it was not with me here but in home country, so asked as wanted to know where the problem

is prior to going home for xmas. Now back and tested with the free Fordsys android SW and worked like a clock; was the rear left wheel sensor that was kaputt. After replacing all works good.

So no equipped to serve Ford owners with OBDII diagnosis

On 12/19/2017 at 7:09 AM, Roger Lee said:

You can purchase an ELM 327 module which plugs into your OBDII diagnostic plug which is blue tooth enabled.  Android or iPhone your choice.  Perhaps the tricky part would be the software needed to explore the ABS codes as most software will only do the engine generic part.  There is Ford specific software available although I haven't explored this option yet, it does say it will do the ABS part though and it's for Android only.  Software Program

I have an Actron and worked fine on my 1997 buick which I just got rid of.  I just bought a 2008 kia and i believe the same will work on that, although I haven't tried it yet

20 hours ago, mran66 said:

thanks for those who provided comments  - visited couple of workshops before the time of posting, however

those did not have the ELM327 thingy, a bit surprising actually as they only cost a little.

have my own but it was not with me here but in home country, so asked as wanted to know where the problem

is prior to going home for xmas. Now back and tested with the free Fordsys android SW and worked like a clock; was the rear left wheel sensor that was kaputt. After replacing all works good.

A few free android apps are read-only and some paid-for apps can still be stuck in read-only mode when used in conjunction with an incompatible OBD2 reader. Some apps will advise in the preamble before installation if there are any known connectivity issues with certain dongle flavors or if some settings cannot be accessed and/or changed.

I use Forscan for Windows in conjunction with this bluetooth-enabled dongle.

Forscan's Windows version is free and does everything including disabling unwanted features as well as enabling features that are supported by the vehicle's configuration but typically not turned on for a particular model. Their free android version is limited to read-only whereas the paid-for version enables all the features of their Windows version.

Edited by NanLaew