Stray Market Dog Attack Customer’s Face

snoop1130

9 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Really? And which government statistics would those be? That ancient 2004 study that was limited to Bangkok? If you actually read the article, the percentage you refer to is rabies antibodies detected. Having antibodies doesn't equate to having the disease.

You will find that nearly 100% of humans have flu antibodies. That doesn't mean we all coughing, sneezing and have runny noses.

http://www.ddc.moph.go.th/eng/login/filedata/Rabies Situation in Thailand.pdf

Para 3 http://www.ddc.moph.go.th/eng/login/filedata/Rabies Situation in Thailand.pdf

Please look again, it was a study in 2015

21 minutes ago, Redline said:

Please look again, it was a study in 2015

As you haven't supplied a link, how am I to do that?

Are you sure your study doesn't cite the 2004 study? Saw lots of this on Google.

But, most importantly......just how does that change my conclusion?

Edited by KarenBravo

55 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

As you haven't supplied a link, how am I to do that?

Are you sure your study doesn't cite the 2004 study? Saw lots of this on Google.

But, most importantly......just how does that change my conclusion?

I don't have the link, but the dog situation has not improved in that time.  I also worked for Care For Dogs for a year, which is a shelter that cares for and treats dogs with all sorts of ailments.  I worked with the vets administering medicine, assisting in operations, cleaning and washing, and walking these soi dogs.  I have been bitten by many a rabid dog, but it's part of the job.  When you have hundreds together, there is a lot of territorial chaos.  I do know the history of government intervention in the dog population.  Sure Chiang Mai has different twist on the BKK issues, but there are many ailments besides rabid that can cause a dog to be violent.  If anything, your reply supports what I said.  There are a lot of statistics not out there that the private organizations keep in order to do their job.

17 hours ago, Redline said:

Statistics from the Thai government.  Another know it all :post-4641-1156694572:

This is what you claimed, plus a personal slight.

Now, you can't supply a link to a study that you say you know the year of.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:02 AM, Redline said:

Surprised it doesn't happen more often.  A large percentage are rabid

This is your original post that I reacted to by saying "Utter rubbish".

Sorry, but you can't just make stuff up here. Expect to be pulled up on it.

You're looking pretty foolish right now.

6 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

This is what you claimed, plus a personal slight.

Now, you can't supply a link to a study that you say you know the year of.

This is your original post that I reacted to by saying "Utter rubbish".

Sorry, but you can't just make stuff up here. Expect to be pulled up on it.

You're looking pretty foolish right now.

Like I care what I look like on here.   You obviously have more time than me, and think this site is of more importance than I do.  I’m not here to prove anything.  You have time obviously, use it to get the info.  If it is so important, there are numerous groups to collect data from.  You seem somewhat intelligent, get the information.  It will be a nice project for you

2 hours ago, Redline said:

Like I care what I look like on here.   You obviously have more time than me, and think this site is of more importance than I do.  I’m not here to prove anything.  You have time obviously, use it to get the info.  If it is so important, there are numerous groups to collect data from.  You seem somewhat intelligent, get the information.  It will be a nice project for you

Firstly, it's not my job to prove YOUR claims, that's what you are supposed to do.

Your entire post above is an excuse / cop-out.

May I suggest that in the future, if you're not prepared to back up your claims, then, you should stay quiet and not talk about things you know nothing about.

Edited by KarenBravo

15 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Firstly, it's not my job to prove YOUR claims, that's what you are supposed to do.

Your entire post above is an excuse / cop-out.

May I suggest that in the future, if you're not prepared to back up your claims, then, you should stay quiet and not talk about things you know nothing about.

:sorry: panty untwister advised :stoner: I have no job 

On 12/27/2017 at 5:48 PM, Redline said:

I don't have the link, but the dog situation has not improved in that time.  I also worked for Care For Dogs for a year, which is a shelter that cares for and treats dogs with all sorts of ailments.  I worked with the vets administering medicine, assisting in operations, cleaning and washing, and walking these soi dogs.  I have been bitten by many a rabid dog, but it's part of the job.  When you have hundreds together, there is a lot of territorial chaos.  I do know the history of government intervention in the dog population.  Sure Chiang Mai has different twist on the BKK issues, but there are many ailments besides rabid that can cause a dog to be violent.  If anything, your reply supports what I said.  There are a lot of statistics not out there that the private organizations keep in order to do their job.

I am a current volunteer at WVS Care for dogs and have been for the past year. I can state to the highest degree of medical certainty that there has not been a single dog with rabies in that shelter, for that entire year. I am also not aware that we've had a confirmed case of rabies come in from the surrounding communities for treatment or sterilization. Lots of blood parasites, mange and occasional cases of parvovirus or distemper (which are immediately isolated), yes. While rabies does exist in Thailand, I see no evidence that it is as prevalent as you claim. Also, if you got bitten by lots of dogs at the shelter, you are definitely doing something wrong.

My own observations at the shelter and your unwillingness to give credible citations for your assertions, make it clear to me, that you are simply trying to make the "facts" fit your irrational, preconceived notions... FAKE NEWS!

11 hours ago, fstarbkk said:

I am a current volunteer at WVS Care for dogs and have been for the past year. I can state to the highest degree of medical certainty that there has not been a single dog with rabies in that shelter, for that entire year. I am also not aware that we've had a confirmed case of rabies come in from the surrounding communities for treatment or sterilization. Lots of blood parasites, mange and occasional cases of parvovirus or distemper (which are immediately isolated), yes. While rabies does exist in Thailand, I see no evidence that it is as prevalent as you claim. Also, if you got bitten by lots of dogs at the shelter, you are definitely doing something wrong.

My own observations at the shelter and your unwillingness to give credible citations for your assertions, make it clear to me, that you are simply trying to make the "facts" fit your irrational, preconceived notions... FAKE NEWS!

Yea fake

Stray dog my arse, just the cowardly owner or the moron who feeds it hasn't the nuts to come forward...often like this here. These dogs are nothing other than a menace and a public health issue with it being long overdue that the authorities do something about them.