Mass Transit

bttao

On 12/23/2017 at 10:55 AM, josephbloggs said:

That is utter rubbish.  Phaya Thai and Phrom Phong both have escalators on either side going up to the platform, as do all of the other stations.

Ratchadamri station doesn't have escalators from the street level on the sports club side of the road.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/24/2017 at 10:35 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

You mean do the Thai thing and walk out on my family and leave my wife to fend for herself? And perhaps you can advise on how not to be a 'victim' while still enjoying the same rights as Thais. Please. Many of us would like to know.

Just off the top of my head? Have you tried paying taxes. Or getting PR or even a Thai passport?  Can you vote here? 

Just stating the obvious. Knowing what you know either avoid those places or get your wife to pay for all!

Are you going to post one liners of all the stations that don't have escalators? Most don't I have a feeling you got trolled. 

He/she is a train spotter or anorak. Everyone needs a hobby.

The Chitlom and N. Stadium are easy. Go into Central or MBK take the escalator up to the correct floor and walk to the BTS! 

Oh BTW PhraKhanong doesn't have an escalator on the Ram 4 side but there is an elevator, which is usually broken. 

Edited by VocalNeal

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

You mean do the Thai thing and walk out on my family and leave my wife to fend for herself? And perhaps you can advise on how not to be a 'victim' while still enjoying the same rights as Thais. Please. Many of us would like to know.

perhaps you can advise on how not to be a 'victim' while still enjoying the same rights as Thais.

You can't, but surely you knew that before you married a Thai and ?had children?

I know that all us expats love to complain about things in Thailand, but whatever the problems with the Skytrain, it's better now that before, when the only non taxi alternative was the bus.

PS, the first months of the skytrain before everyone started using it were great. Not so much now it's crammers inside.

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know that all us expats love to complain about things in Thailand, but whatever the problems with the Skytrain, it's better now that before, when the only non taxi alternative was the bus.

PS, the first months of the skytrain before everyone started using it were great. Not so much now it's crammers inside.

Yes, definitely better than not having it. But at 18 years it's showing its age and lack of keeping up with the times.

What other country metro systems have guards stationed to blow whistles in your ear to let you know the train is coming? Now at Siam during rush hour they have added staff with bullhorns to shout at you over the noise and tell you how to queue up (in Thai).

29 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:

Yes, definitely better than not having it. But at 18 years it's showing its age and lack of keeping up with the times.

What other country metro systems have guards stationed to blow whistles in your ear to let you know the train is coming? Now at Siam during rush hour they have added staff with bullhorns to shout at you over the noise and tell you how to queue up (in Thai).

the blowing of whistles may be an unnecessary cultural anomaly but it is certainly prudent, for passenger safety and security, to have staff on duty on platforms.

Many thanks for the tip of reduced fare on MRT lines..  came back from Red Cross Hospital {Rama 4} this afternoon,  Going to the ticket window to pay, just said age = got 1x disc all the way to Bang Yai [Metro + Purple Line]  for 35 baht.. 

Now the Metro pops up out of the ground and meets the Purple line + there is a lift  = easy and for 35 baht all the way guess will not be driving there anymore.