Prawit’s watch scandal ‘a personal matter’: PM

webfact

11 hours ago, smedly said:

it is not a personal matter for two reasons

- if he enriched himself illegally, then it is a criminal matter and needs to be investigated

- he is a public figure who is answerable "to the public" and he needs to answer, otherwise he should not be there

very simplistic fundamental values that everyone in public office should realise

There all enriched and feasting

2 hours ago, choff56 said:

February 29th except leap years.

Yeah, that was my point that there ain't no February 30th! :smile:

BTW, unless you're just being facetious I think you mean "February 29th 28th except leap years."

Cheers and... Merry Christmas!  (or as the Thais typically mispronounce it: "Melly Kit Mat" since Thai language phonetics rules force an 's' sounding consonant to have a 't' sound at the end of a word.  I slightly revised the mispronunciation to "Melly Kit Mak!", as in: "Mary thinks too much!")

12 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Ah so, the 2 ic is not part of the no corruption, zero tolerance brigade then.

No.  It's his personal matter and it appears the anti corruption committee doesn't interfere in personal matters/wealth of current junta leaders.

Unless Thai Army Generals make millions of THB in salary, this is a corruption problem.  And actually, any Thai official found to have this level of income from a military or government position should be on the front line for investigation.  If the Junta in charge is hyping going after 'Corruption" but can't clean their own toilet, then that tells you exactly where they stand.  I'm not optimistic. 

If you remember the senile old fart went abroad for surgery a few months back (could not trust local), Well the hospital gives away watches as a memento to certain valued customers, did you not know that come on leave the guy alone he has done nothing wrong!!! Writen by Steven?