PM Prayut shows off to the media his expensive Seiko wristwatch

webfact

PM shows off to the media his expensive Seiko wristwatch

By Thai PBS

Prayut.png

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Wednesday (Dec 20) showed off to the media his premium-grade Seiko wristwatch said to worth about 250,000 baht, saying that he owns several wristwatches, including this one, and all of them have been declared with the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

“Wearing this Seiko, do I look good,” he said jokingly, adding “any wristwatch is all the same, I knew (you) want me to show off (this Seiko) so that it will become an issue. How about the next time I wear an alarm clock around my neck?”

Asked about Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan who is yet to report to the NACC about his diamond ring and the expensive Richard Mille wristwatch that he was seen wearing during a group photo of cabinet ministers over a week ago, Prime Minister Prayut stressed that it was the duty of the NACC to find out the truth and General Prawit would have to defend for himself as this was a personal affairs.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-shows-off-media-expensive-seiko-wristwatch/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-21

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

“Wearing this Seiko, do I look good,” he said jokingly, adding “any wristwatch is all the same, I knew (you) want me to show off (this Seiko) so that it will become an issue. How about the next time I wear an alarm clock around my neck?”

Isn’t political corruption just so hilarious. 

Good one mr PM...comedy gold. 

Edited by Bluespunk

He says that several of his watches have been declared with the NACC.That is true.However what is not known and probably never will be is how a very modestly paid officer can afford watches worth in total several millions of Baht.A further comment would be simply to note the vulgarity and low cultural standards of the Bangkok elites who think owning a collection of very expensive watches is somehow "cool" and tasteful.It's not, merely trashy.

The PM is right - let’s just forget about all this corruption going on. The public being so obsessed with such blatant corruption is just classless. Be classy like the PM and his modestly priced 250k watch. 

Can’t we all just get along?

Surely all of these guys must have originally come from rich families....how else can they buy a General's position? Name one General that comes from a poor family. I thought the going rate was 50M. baht. Of course, they must recoup their losses somehow...becoming a politician and controlling the cookie jar is just icing on the cake. 

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

He says that several of his watches have been declared with the NACC.That is true.However what is not known and probably never will be is how a very modestly paid officer can afford watches worth in total several millions of Baht.A further comment would be simply to note the vulgarity and low cultural standards of the Bangkok elites who think owning a collection of very expensive watches is somehow "cool" and tasteful.It's not, merely trashy.

They probably looked to much on Ray Donovan.

“any wristwatch is all the same" Oh no they are not !,

you and your mate have VERY expensive watches (plural) 

I have one i bought for 15 quid off Ebay, takes a beating

and goes on ticking,good enough for me,dont have to

impress anyone,even if I was a Billionaire would still buy

a 15 quid one.

regards worgeordie