Navy captain found dead in Sattahip car accident "not wearing a seat-belt"

webfact

Navy captain found dead in Sattahip car accident "not wearing a seat-belt"

screenshot_6181.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Sattahip said that a navy captain died after failing to negotiate a bend near some navy accommodation.

Chotisin Sriyaphai, 57, was driving his Toyota Corolla last night along the Sattahip to Kilometer 10 road and was found overturned in a drainage ditch.

Phlu Ta Luang police said that the car was not seriously damaged. The victim was not wearing a seat belt and hit the inside of his vehicle causing death, they said.

The body was taken for autopsy at the Navy Hospital.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-21

My goodness, really?  Him and 3/4 ths of the Thai public. 
Another money maker when the BIB aren't completely focused on the 400 THB per pop for no helmets.  Much easier to fine the motorcycles and less likely of angering a HiSo not wearing a seat belt.  But - a Darwin Award winner for the day. 

Edited by connda

I recall stopping for an accident to assist a few years back, again car had rolled but not that badly damaged the driver had not been wearing a seat belt and got thrown out, he was conscious but obviously had serious internal injuries, never knew if he made it to hospital alive.

Last weekend here in Brum a car which must have been doing a hell of a speed crashed into the back of a Taxi forcing it on its side across a dual carriageway into an on coming car, all the occupants of the taxi died, luckily the occupants of the oncoming car managed to walk away from it even though the car was nearly sliced in two, as for the car that crashed into the back of the taxi, that must have flipped a few times and all four occupants were thrown out of the vehicle, only one survived and is in a very critical condition, it has been reported that one of the occupants of that car had been in prison after a police chase where he did speeds in excess off 130mph (210km/h).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42408477

My first thought on hearing of this accident was the occupants of the car that crashed into the back of the taxi that they were not wearing seat-belts, I am sure that is the case, the introduced legal requirements to belt up and wearing of helmets on bikes in most countries has saved lives. 

Edited by Basil B