Watch Watch: Seven Bling Timepieces And Counting

snoop1130

Watch Watch: Seven Bling Timepieces And Counting

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

watch67-696x385.jpg

BANGKOK — The daily drip-drop, tick-tock revelations about a top junta official’s collection of spendy watches continues with a sixth and seventh timepiece spotted.

By Friday, amateur sleuths had discovered two more luxury watches worn in past photos by Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, the junta’s second-in-command who also serves as defense minister and deputy prime minister. In the three weeks since the first multi-million baht watch was spotted earlier this month, the general has refused to answer questions about the bling timepieces, none of which were listed in his mandatory asset disclosure filed upon taking office.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/12/22/watch-watch-seven-bling-timepieces-counting/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-12-22

Typical dictatorial attitude of "I  can do what I want."  7 very expensive time pieces, and not a single one declared on his assets.  One MIGHT have been on "loan", but not 7.  And his refusal to answer questions about them only increases his guilt, and shows his corrupt ass. 

We should feel sorry for them. They are all showmen with their flashy rings and colourful silk shirts, expensive watches  and uniforms adorned with bravery medals.

If ever their was a display of military pomposity this would have to be it. The epitome of insecure little men who crave their own self importance.

Edited by Cadbury

If he bought wristwatches abroad, he must have registered them with Customs and paid tax. For example, who imports luxury watches into Europe without registering them with costums, commits the offense of tax Evasion. The European customs easily gets the info with the serial numbers, where the watches were originally sold. 
The whole case has caused a lot of attention in Thailand.
I look forward to his explanations.

10 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Very impressive research. Not used to seeing detective work of this calibre over here! 

Thats because its not done by journalists who merely quote a person without questioning anything, but by a younger generation who live abroad (US in this case i believe).

9 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Thats because its not done by journalists who merely quote a person without questioning anything, but by a younger generation who live abroad (US in this case i believe).

I agree wholeheartedly with your comment, but in fact, many Thai reporters rarely follow up on a story because it requires research and work. Some still don't like to question authorities for fear of retaliation etc.. 

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

We should feel sorry for them. They are all showmen with their flashy rings and colourful silk shirts, expensive watches  and uniforms adorned with bravery medals.

If ever their was a display of military pomposity this would have to be it. The epitome of insecure little men who crave their own self importance.

Agree with you - apart from the insecurity. They're very secure that they can do as they please and say anything if anyone dares to question something. Thick skinned because that's the way it is, has been and too their thinking always will be.

Ego and face demands they flaunt their power and untouchability. And boy, how some of them seem to relish it.

4 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Only a dork wears a watch on his right wrist.

You can call me one then!

Just watch out for the left hook Jimmie!

Many Southpaws where their watch on the right wrist.

Edited by Baerboxer

19 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Typical dictatorial attitude of "I  can do what I want."  7 very expensive time pieces, and not a single one declared on his assets.  One MIGHT have been on "loan", but not 7.  And his refusal to answer questions about them only increases his guilt, and shows his corrupt ass. 

Oh please...no one wants to see his corrupt ass.

It's interesting that people are concerned about a few trinkets when all the cash that they possess can't possibly be accounted for.

In the proud tradition of Thai coup leaders, undoubtedly. For example, from Sarit's Wikipedia:

After Sarit's death, his reputation took a blow when an inheritance battle between his son, Major Setha Thanarat, and his last wife, Thanpuying Vichitra Thanarat, revealed the massive extent of Sarit's wealth, which totaled over US$100 million. He was discovered to have owned a trust company, a brewery, 51 cars, and some 30 plots of land, most of which he gave to his dozens of mistresses. Thai language newspapers published the names of 100 women who claimed to have shared his bed, shocking the public when his corruption was uncovered.

Doubt the general public have seen more than the tip of the iceberg for the 3 P's.

Edited by debate101

According to today's national English language newspaper that can not be quoted on this forum there are now 11 expensive watches that his Excellency has been photographed wearing.

They include three Richard Mille, three Rolex, three Patek Philippe and one Audemars Piguet and now a Rolex Daytona Chronograph.

The watches range in value from 800,000 baht to over 4,000,000 baht.

In north America men with small Johnson s drive corvettes,