Cuddly toy and knuckle duster incident leaves Aussie in a heap

rooster59

2 hours ago, pegman said:

By the looks of him in that photo he got off easy. If it's not the Auzzies it's the English. If not the English then the Auzzies. How many bawls per pub happen in those 2 countries a nite?

Yeah right. Do yourself a favor and trawl through some past posts and see the yanks, germans, french, indians, pakistanis, middle esterners and orientals who've gotten into brawls and been assaulted or worse in Pattaya, Phuket and BKK.

Then see if you can work out the common denominators. Clue: booze, sexy tarts, ego and face, That should be enough for starters.

Only in some countries these encounters lead to mass shootings of course.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

'Probably still...............'                      One of the saddest things I have ever heard.

Yeah it was launched to all people that try to state that the city is not so bad. It really sucks, doesn´t it?

6 hours ago, JSixpack said:

No. Some foreign males may or may not dislike Thai males and some Thai males may or may not dislike foreign males. Most of either group don't dislike members of the other, though there appears to be a high percentage of TVF posters who generally dislike all Thais.

To some foreign males. Those may or may not be the same ones who then act on their annoyance in a way that annoys the Thai males. Parenthetically it should be noted that some foreign males may find some other foreign males annoying with subsequent unpleasant results. And of course some TVF posters find other posters annoying and flame them, so helping to get themselves banned. :tongue:

Please go back into the news archive and pull out all the articles related to groups of farang men with weapons attacking one or two Thais, especially if they are elderly Thai men and women.

Now, do the same but flip Thai attacker and farang victim. 
It's just the ugly reality of the situation.

Sort of a major discrepancy there that can't be attributed to farang or TV member xenophobia.  Just deal with the numbers. 

1 hour ago, connda said:

Thai men are cowards, they can not fight man to man.  The only way they can fight is in a multiple attacker fight or with weapons, or both.  Cowards.

This whole western concept of coward / brave man is a bunch of Hollywood nonsense. Am guessing you are a handbags at dawn guy and a keyboard warrior.

5 hours ago, connda said:

Sort of a major discrepancy there that can't be attributed to farang or TV member xenophobia.

So you agree with me (apparently w/o realizing you do). But your own TV member xenophobia may explain your wrong-headed attempt to attribute the discrepancy to Thai xenophobia.

Edited by JSixpack

5 hours ago, connda said:

Thai men are cowards, they can not fight man to man.  The only way they can fight is in a multiple attacker fight or with weapons, or both.  Cowards.

Were you ever a bouncer at Mothercare?

Edited by vogie

12 hours ago, morrobay said:

Just about all these incidents in the news follow a pattern: Foreign males dislike Thai males and Thai males dislike Foreign males. And just about everything Thai males do is annoying.

Keep out of Thailand mate...about 50% of Thais are males.....you will be very annoyed.

12 hours ago, JSixpack said:

No. Some foreign males may or may not dislike Thai males and some Thai males may or may not dislike foreign males. Most of either group don't dislike members of the other, though there appears to be a high percentage of TVF posters who generally dislike all Thais.

To some foreign males. Those may or may not be the same ones who then act on their annoyance in a way that annoys the Thai males. Parenthetically it should be noted that some foreign males may find some other foreign males annoying with subsequent unpleasant results. And of course some TVF posters find other posters annoying and flame them, so helping to get themselves banned. :tongue:

'Parenthetically'?

10 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

My dad recounted his experience of Sydney from the thirties. Sounds as if brawling was a normal pastime, with the victors customarily buying another beer for their losing playmate. He said it was unwise to engage the local constabulary however, as he awoke with a sore head back aboard ship and denied further liberty while there. :smile:

Ahhh the good old days of yore.....well times have time changed somewhat to the point they have now have penalties to cover the one punch kill thugs. You are walking down the street and some aresehole king hits you....you go down and die.

Happening too often.

No guns or knives involved, just plain , brutal, unsuspecting violence with fatal results.

I doubt that this only happens in Oz alone....you maybe are just not hearing about it ,censorship is the reality of our controlled lives sadly.

The whole world is getting more violent, or maybe we are just hearing about the violence that has always existed due to social media.

8 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i was more referring to the circumstances. drunk quality tourist in vest with tattoos tells a local off for something minor and gets battered by a load of guys and ends up in hospital. that's exclusive to pattaya mate 555

Not really.....I've seen the same thing happen in a pissant little town in North Queensland.

I suspect it could happen anywhere.

When there is a perceived disparity in wealth there will always be problems.

Happens all the time in the west. Look at the politics of envy 

Edited by tryasimight

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

'Parenthetically'?

OED:

b.1.b fig. Interposed in the course of something else.

1876 Geo. Eliot Dan. Der. xxxiv, Deronda took in these details by parenthetic glances.    

1881 Masson De Quincey 61 About a year of parenthetic peace and happiness.

In a parenthetical manner; in a parenthesis; by way of parenthesis or interlude.

1803 Bryant Observ. Script. iii. 163 The intelligence is certainly mentioned parenthetically.    

1859 Hawthorne Marble Faun xxxii. (1883) 339 Many of whom are parenthetically devout.

We forget at our peril; that the Thai youths were working on their Thainess, which is paramount in the order of things here, No doubt the blocking of the footpath was annoying and the request to move or comment was made probably correctly but Thai youths have a face problem which in reality I do not understand , as some are so arrogant, selfish and lack logical thought, that often I am amazed that they are even alive.

Given that negativity, foreigners also should realise that this is not their country and should refrain from verbally attacking the local populace with words or otherwise as their history is one of confrontation in groups never individually .

Just about all these incidents in the news follow a pattern: Foreign males dislike Thai males and Thai males dislike Foreign males. And just about everything Thai males do is annoying.
All macho b.sht on both sides, fuelled by alcohol. Idiots all of them.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I do find it very annoying when people park their bikes right across the pavement causing blockage and I do sometimes a make a comment myself , although I do understand that making a comment late at night after a few beers is not the time and place to do it
Yes very annoying, much like anything else that may annoy someone. But pick a fight because you're annoyed, be ready to get physical. And in Thailand, gang up's by Thais against a Farang.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, tryasimight said:

deleted....not worth further comment except get in the ring one on one

Why would any Thai male get into a one on one fight with a larger western male?  Some different attitudes about violence in Thailand. If it is important enough to get violent then make sure you can win. The Australian is lucky he wasn't put in hospital the rest of his life: if it is important enough to get violent then make sure the loser can't come at you later.

7 hours ago, tryasimight said:

.............or maybe we are just hearing about the violence that has always existed due to social media.

I did read recently, (Pinker, I think) that the world is statistically less violent today then what it has been. 

24 hour news and social media just makes it seem violence is on the increase. 

Of course, opinions are so easy to have, be they right or wrong. 

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Why would any Thai male get into a one on one fight with a larger western male?  Some different attitudes about violence in Thailand. If it is important enough to get violent then make sure you can win. The Australian is lucky he wasn't put in hospital the rest of his life: if it is important enough to get violent then make sure the loser can't come at you later.

Merely the Colin Powell doctrine of applying overwhelming force to maximize chances of success and minimize your own casualties.