Cuddly toy and knuckle duster incident leaves Aussie in a heap

rooster59

5 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

the request to move or comment was made probably correctly but Thai youths have a face problem which in reality

Correctly by a tattooed drunk staggering down the street towards his next bar? And in Thai, no doubt, ending with a "khrub." Right.

Shouldn't have made any "request," actually, just quietly walked around the bike, maybe even given a (wry) smile. TIT.

foreigners also should realise that this is not their country and should refrain from verbally attacking the local populace with words or otherwise as their history is one of confrontation in groups never individually .

But sometimes individually as well. Otherwise, you've come up with an intelligent statement here with a further qualification. Don't attack the local populace, or other foreigners, unless you want to have a problem or don't mind if you do, as foreigners occasionally don't until later perhaps.

Edited by JSixpack

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look It is so easy walk around the <deleted> bike. I park my bike like a Thai, why because there is very little parking for bikes and cars. To all the fools posting here and do not have a bike shut up. But in the end no need for a fight over it

7 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Look It is so easy walk around the <deleted> bike. I park my bike like a Thai, why because there is very little parking for bikes and cars. To all the fools posting here and do not have a bike shut up. But in the end no need for a fight over it

Its not so easy , when you have to step in the road , to stop , make sure that there are no cars coming or wait until the cars have passed , then walk in the road to walk around a parked bike .

Usually , there is ample parking space to park a bike , although it may be across the road or around the corner , but that would involve having to walk .

Instead of parking their bike and walking , most people park exactly where they need to go , its not uncommon for people to park across shop doorways , which makes it impossible to other people to either enter or leave the shop .

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What's not easy about that, unless you are disabled.

Doing it the one time , is not so difficult , it just become annoying when you have to do it every few minutes and theres always the risk that you may step in the road , without looking and get hit by a car or bike

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Well there is a risk of stupidity wherever you go. 

Really , so you park your bike on a pavement , and if someone steps into a road and gets hit by a car, it would be there fault for not looking .

Not only do you act like a Thai, you think like one as well .

No personal responsibility and never taking blame for anything , always someone elses fault , regardless of what you do

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Really , so you park your bike on a pavement , and if someone steps into a road and gets hit by a car, it would be there fault for not looking .

No personal responsibility and never taking blame for anything , always someone elses fault , regardless of what you do

"Not only do you act like a Thai" .......where do I act like a Thai ? 

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

" Yeah it was the bike riders fault cos he parked his bike on the path and made me walk in front of a car without looking" .......oh the irony. 

Edited by Kadilo

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its not so easy , when you have to step in the road , to stop , make sure that there are no cars coming or wait until the cars have passed , then walk in the road to walk around a parked bike .

He was already in the road. And the process is pretty usual in Pattaya where the sidewalks, if there are any, are routinely blocked anyway. Yes, it's easy and anybody can do it--and must if they want to walk much and live.

its not uncommon for people to park across shop doorways , which makes it impossible to other people to either enter or leave the shop .

Not so common, actually, as the shop owners shoo them away or indicate customer parking only--not only in front of the doorway but along the entire shop frontage in many cases. But our drunk Ozzie wasn't trying to enter or leave a shop. It's also not clear whether the Thai bike has been parked for any length of time or intended to be parked for a long time. It may have been stopped as its owner was waiting for something. This case is a bit reminiscent of the Swiss guy turning off a Thai's motorbike.

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Doing it the one time , is not so difficult , it just become annoying when you have to do it every few minutes and theres always the risk that you may step in the road , without looking and get hit by a car or bike

May we assume the Ozzie was capable of looking? If not, then his engineering qualifications must come under serious scrutiny. And doing it every few minutes is the norm when you're walking in the street, as people normally do on Sois 7 and 8. So you do what you gotta do. If that's too annoying, then stay where you are, 'cause nothing's gon' change. Pattaya rolls on.

Just now, Kadilo said:

" Yeah it was the bike rides fault cos he parked his bike on the path and made me walk in front of a car without looking" .......oh the irony. 

Causing an obstruction to a pavement, causing people to walk in the road .

If the bike is where it should be, on the road , then people could walk on the street and not on the road .

Its very simple .

Roads are for bikes : Pavements are for people

1 minute ago, JSixpack said:

He was already in the road. And the process is pretty usual in Pattaya where the sidewalks, if there are any, are routinely blocked anyway. Yes, it's easy and anybody can do it--and must if they want to walk much and live.

Not so common, actually, as the shop owners shoo them away or indicate customer parking only--not only in front of the doorway but along the entire shop frontage in many cases. But our drunk Ozzie wasn't trying to enter or leave a shop. It's also not clear whether the Thai bike has been parked for any length of time or intended to be parked for a long time. It may have been stopped as its owner was waiting for something. This case is a bit reminiscent of the Swiss guy turning off a Thai's motorbike.

May we assume the Ozzie was capable of looking? If not, then his engineering qualifications must come under serious scrutiny. And doing it every few minutes is the norm when you're walking in the street, as people normally do on Sois 7 and 8. So you do what you gotta do. If that's too annoying, then stay where you are, 'cause nothing's gon' change. Pattaya rolls on.

Although we are now talking about generally, rather than this case (with the Aussie) in particular .

Most people just step down from path, look left, right and left again, and move on. It's just one of many small obstacles one can encounter in a typical day in Thailand. I can see if you are In a wheelchair it could become frustrating. 

Those that don't and get annoyed, get annoyed about anything and are usually out looking for something to get  annoyed about. .....or they have had a drink and decide to get gobby. 

Those who forget to check for cars in the road....well, stay indoors it's safer for you and everyone else that you don't venture out. 

Edited by Kadilo

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Really , so you park your if someone steps into a road and gets hit by a car, it would be there fault for not looking .

Blocked sidewalks are the norm throughout Thailand and have been a regular target for whinging throughout TVF history. 

3 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Maybe nothing will change in Pattaya, but where I live , the authorities are moving all the clutter from the streets

newhere.jpg.9816031e5612b239708e2d0732739b86.jpg

Not really , I just havent yet caught the Thai habit of doing what you like, where you like, without giving regard to other people .

It also really isnt a Thai/felang thing , its an irresponsible/ responsible thing .

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Still waiting for you to show me where I act like a Thai. .........or was it just a throwaway comment to try and back up your weak argument? 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Maybe nothing will change in Pattaya, but where I live , the authorities are moving all the clutter from the streets

Well, I guess our Ozzie engineer somehow didn't realize he wasn't walking where you live. Too drunk, perhaps. Or if he did, then that must have been why he confronted the Thai--that Thai had dared go against the authorities, of whom the Ozzie had suddenly deputized himself as one. Got it. So how well did that work out?

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Not really , I just havent yet caught the Thai habit of doing what you like, where you like, without giving regard to other people .

It's not a question of catching any supposed Thai habit, except for accepting usual practice you can't change, but of successfully adapting to the culture in general, which our Ozzie engineer failed to do. He looks old enough so that this was probably not his first time in Thailand, too. I mean

• live and let live,
  • accept the unchangeable,
  • handle problems routinely,
  • interact with Thais well, and simply
  • roll with the flow,

unfazed by the mess and paradox one may naturally expect to encounter in a Third World country.

Looks like you're not there yet either. Good luck telling Thais what they should and shouldn't do. :smile:

It also really isnt a Thai/felang thing , its an irresponsible/ responsible thing .

But you just said it's a Thai/felang thing, as it's the Thais who are irresponsible, but responsible if a farang steps out into the street w/o looking and gets hit by a car. Didn't hear anything about felangs being irresponsible, like throwing something at a Thai. Now what if the Thai's eye had been put out by some plastic appendage on that toy??? (To engage in TVF Poster hysteria and worst case scenarios.)

Edited by JSixpack

13 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Still waiting for you to show me where I act like a Thai. .........or was it just a throwaway comment to try and back up your weak argument? 

You seem to have become quite upset with me , because I disagree with you , made a few snidey remarks , suggested that Im stupid , suggested that Im mobile , having a few digs , all because you are upset because someone disagrees with you .

You act irresponsibly , blame others for the results of your irresponsibility and then act abusive towards them for commenting .

Hows that for thainess ?

But you just said it's a Thai/felang thing, as it's the Thais who are irresponsible, but responsible if a farang steps out into the street w/o looking and gets hit by a car. Didn't hear anything about felangs being irresponsible, like throwing something at a Thai.

Once again , we are talking about general irresponsibility and we are not talking about the case of the Aussie .

We are not talking about felangs stepping out into the the road , because Thais have to do that as well .

We are talking about people parking their bikes on pavements , generally , rather than this specific case

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You act irresponsibly , blame others for the results of your irresponsibility and then act abusive towards them for commenting .

Hows that for thainess ?

You do know that it wasn't my bike parked on the street right? 

Where have I been abusive? Please show. 

Edited by Kadilo

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Did you previously post that you also regularly park your bike on the pavement ? or was that another poster ?

Wasn't me. I neither block the path or get annoyed at someone who does. So all your accusations of irresponsibility were all misplaced. Sigh.....

ps. Forthcoming Apology accepted. Go and have a lie down. 

Edited by Kadilo