Adultery Law Gives Men More Rights

george

Adultery law move

BANGKOK: -- Men will be able to demand compensation from their wives' lovers if the National Legislative Assembly gives the green light today to three legal drafts being proposed by the Justice Ministry.

Currently, only wives can demand compensation if their husbands commit adultery.

"The draft laws aim to give men and women equal rights," Justice Minister Charnchai Likhitjittha said yesterday.

The amendments also intend to allow men to take legal action if they are raped.

The ministry wants an arbitration institute to be established to mediate civil disputes.

--The Nation 2007-01-17

--The Nation 2007-01-17

I'm assuming we're talking rape by other men & not by women !? :o

Fair enough, why should women have more rights in marital disputes? Good that they're evening it up. I didn't realise that women could apply for compensation for adultery on the part of the husband. Do many women actually apply for the compensation, anyone know?

--The Nation 2007-01-17

I'm assuming we're talking rape by other men & not by women !? :o

Apparently it is possible under (UK) law for a man to claim he was raped by a woman. :D

The hard (pun intended)part is finding a judge and jury who could stop laughing long enough to pass judgement. :D

Perhaps the Brits have changed the law about raping, but the law laid down by them many years ago in Hong Kong actually describe raping as penis inserting into vagina, so man can rape a lady but not the other way around. Also for the law about other forms sexual harrassment is a single direction from man to woman but not vice versa. I remember a few years ago a lady found the man sitting next to him on the bus in Hong Kong too attractive, she opened his pants' zip, wanted to perform a blowjob. Police came and charged the lady for "disturbing social order" instead.

Just curious if they've also made it easier for women to sue for divorce in cases of adultery? Previously the man could divorce the woman if she cheated on him but a woman could only sue for divorce if the man had kept another woman as if she were his wife.

Just curious if they've also made it easier for women to sue for divorce in cases of adultery? Previously the man could divorce the woman if she cheated on him but a woman could only sue for divorce if the man had kept another woman as if she were his wife.

Also curious to know what the law says about custody rights. I heard long ago that in Thailand it's the man that usually gets legal custody of the kids following divorce. Is that true?

Adultery law move

BANGKOK: -- Men will be able to demand compensation from their wives' lovers if the National Legislative Assembly gives the green light today to three legal drafts being proposed by the Justice Ministry.

Currently, only wives can demand compensation if their husbands commit adultery.

"The draft laws aim to give men and women equal rights," Justice Minister Charnchai Likhitjittha said yesterday.

The ministry wants an arbitration institute to be established to mediate civil disputes.

Huh, then Thailand will need an education system and University with the only task as to educate people for the juridical system and lawyers. :o

So before you jump into bed with someone you must make sure they are not married or you could get sued. How do you do that, I know there is a thing called marriage license, can you get a singles license to prove that you are single? :D

I’m not married so I may have missed something here but I thought that if there was infidelity in a marriage that would primarily be because there is a problem between or with one of the spouses not because there is an outsider around and now he is the one getting the whole blame and the only one getting sued???????? :o

Perhaps the Brits have changed the law about raping, but the law laid down by them many years ago in Hong Kong actually describe raping as penis inserting into vagina, so man can rape a lady but not the other way around. Also for the law about other forms sexual harrassment is a single direction from man to woman but not vice versa. I remember a few years ago a lady found the man sitting next to him on the bus in Hong Kong too attractive, she opened his pants' zip, wanted to perform a blowjob. Police came and charged the lady for "disturbing social order" instead.

So if she gets done up the "second hole" it's not rape?

NLA passes first reading of bill to allow male victims to sue their rapists

BANGKOK: -- National Legislative Assembly (NLA) yesterday accepted the principle of proposed legal amendments that will allow male rape victims to sue their abusers.

As parts of the proposed amendments, cuckolded husbands will also be able to demand compensation in from their wives' lovers while an engaged person is entitled to receive compensation from other person (s) who have sex with, rape or attempt to rape his fianc้e or her fianc้.

Justice Minister Charnchai Likhitjittha Wednesday explained that the proposed amendments to the criminal code would make it an offence for individuals to rape a person who is not their wife or husband.

-- The Nation 2007-01-17

I see a big scam developing:

Thai man sends his wife out to meet and greet a farang. Unsuspecting farang takes her back to short time hotel and husband bursts in raising a ruckus with the hotel staff in tow. The police are called and the fine is extracted.

What do you think about this?

So before you jump into bed with someone you must make sure they are not married or you could get sued. How do you do that, I know there is a thing called marriage license, can you get a singles license to prove that you are single?

Yes but you cannot get a "multiple entry" one in any of the Thai Embassies in Asia.

Adultery law move

Note lovers (plural). So the Thai guys whos wives go off to work in the bars in Bangkok and Pattaya should be driving around in Mercs soon?

This one is almost as good as capital controls and the Foreign Business Act.

Someone posted a thread here the other day about "What next" but nobody came up with this one. Amazing Thailand strikes again!!

I see a big scam developing:

Thai man sends his wife out to meet and greet a farang. Unsuspecting farang takes her back to short time hotel and husband bursts in raising a ruckus with the hotel staff in tow. The police are called and the fine is extracted.

What do you think about this?

Let the buyer beware? :o

not heard this first hand in LOS in 15 years. Heard about it in London though in the 70's so its more than possible.

Edited by Dupont