Prawit: Malaysian man caught in Pakistan unlikely preparing to hijack THAI plane

webfact

Prawit: Malaysian man caught in Pakistan unlikely preparing to hijack THAI plane

By Thai PBS

THAI.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwon, who is in charge of security affairs, said on Tuesday (Dec 26) it was unlikely for a Malaysian man arrested at an airport in Pakistan with weapons and ammunition in his possession to be preparing to hijack a Thai Airways flight or stage a terrorist activity.

Gen Prawit was referring to a news report that a Malaysian, Al Muhd Alfie Kqhyriel, suspected to be an Islamic State member, was arrested at the Jinnah International Airport in Pakistan on Saturday (Dec 23) while he was broading Thai Airways flight TG 342 bound for Kuala Lumpur.

The Pakistani authorities reportedly seized from him four pistols, eight ammunition magazines and 70 bullets hidden in his bag and shoes.

arm1-400x227.jpg

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prawit-malaysian-man-caught-pakistan-unlikely-preparing-hijack-thai-plane/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-27

“Gen Prawit said the man was caught only for illegally delivering weapons and ammunition.  He was not involved in terrorism or attempting to hijack the THAI flight or having anything to do with Thailand, which was only a transit point, he added.

Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said he had learned of the news but not in detail.  However, he did not believe that the Malaysian man was preparing to hijack the plan as he would not be able to do it alone.”

The comments these guys come out with is mind numbingly trite. 

Play down anything and everything that might damage that tourist trade. 

Edited by Bluespunk

that is dodgy. why the hell would he need to smuggle guns via a plane?? no doubt they can be bought easily in Malaysia. and he said would not do it alone? 4 pistols and 8 magazines?! i can be almost certain there were 3 other people booked on that flight who were planning to do just as he denies, hijack that plane! *or a plane he was transiting to, either way a hijacking would have been attempted, well it was but they were caught

Edited by Happy enough

"According to a military intelligence source, the arrested man had planned to use Thailand as a transit. He also said that Malaysian authorities had communicated to Thailand the possibility of an IS attack during the winter holidays.

“Malaysia did not specifically say where or how a possible attack would occur but mentioned various possibilities, including an attack on some crowded venue or hijack(ing),” the source was quoted as saying"

From Pakistani papers today

There is a "bulletproof" excuse for taking loaded guns onto passenger planes. I forgot it was in my bag. Worked a charm for the odious Kamronwit in Japan, no reason why these ISIS chappies can't use it too. I get the feeling that they let the other terrorists go instead of catching them all.  After all, nobody wants to be accused of Islamophobia - a fate worse than death. What is one terrorist going to do with 4 pistols, unless he is an octopus?

As a regular visitor to the Thai far south, I notice the hateful ideology seems to be strengthening. It's only a matter of time before the brown stuff hits the fan. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

t was unlikely for a Malaysian man arrested at an airport in Pakistan with weapons and ammunition in his possession to be preparing to hijack a Thai Airways flight

Could be he was just preparing to ask for a refill glass of wine. It's a long flight from Karachi to Bangkok.

1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

No body who has a clue would try to take pistols magazines and bullets through airport security, 

a case of misdirection , are they that stupid I think not,

At lot of the fish on this thread took the bait.

18 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

"Islamophobia" in these two Muslim countries?

Seems a bit out of context.

Not if one is a desperate, monomaniac, extremist, Islamophobe, clutching at any passing straw.

Edited by Enoon

3 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

There is a "bulletproof" excuse for taking loaded guns onto passenger planes. I forgot it was in my bag. Worked a charm for the odious Kamronwit in Japan, no reason why these ISIS chappies can't use it too. I get the feeling that they let the other terrorists go instead of catching them all.  After all, nobody wants to be accused of Islamophobia - a fate worse than death. What is one terrorist going to do with 4 pistols, unless he is an octopus?

As a regular visitor to the Thai far south, I notice the hateful ideology seems to be strengthening. It's only a matter of time before the brown stuff hits the fan. 

It must be played down, worldwide.

We don't want the muslims agitated, don't we.