Video: Man "cheats death" as Thai hanging wires explode like fireworks

webfact

Video: Man "cheats death" as Thai hanging wires explode like fireworks

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A video posted to Facebook showed Thailand's famous hanging wires exploding around a man in a sea of sparks.

The dramatic footage was posted by "Mana Re" from a dash cam.

Thai Rath said that Mana Reuangsoonnern had "cheated death".

The radio operator had been in the Prajinburi area on a job when the incident occurred.

The authorities said they had now rectified the situation.

Contrary to social media reports it appears that the problem was caused by "heat". The authorities scotched rumors that the man using a mobile phone had initiated the firework display.

They asked people on social media not to spread fake news.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-27

2 hours ago, kotsak said:

I think the small fire at the foot of the pole should have given some hints :shock1:

I didn't notice that at first, but the two employees of the Otani tyre store seemed unconcerned about the small fire. Busy with their mobiles, nobody else came running out either.

58 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

And typically, everyone is seen fleeing the scene, not warning others of the danger. I cannot understand why people do not care about others here. 

It's a pity that you weren't there to stay under the electrically exploding cables to warn everyone.  Only an idiot would stick around in those circumstances.

2 hours ago, johnray said:

This is why I don't hold on to the handrails on bridges and skytrain because the wires are right next to the metal handrail.

Sometimes i even have to duck for those wires hanging above stairs or flyover bridges. I won't touch anything and sure not when it's raining.

In our moobaaan i've seen transformers explode or explosions from wires at the spot where once was an outdoorlight in the park. The removed the light because it was broken after a year but just left the naked wires there, loads of people pass it close every day. Thai don't care for safety.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Way Ho ....  Ya hoooo  and happy xmas   !!!  :drunk:

In europe Santa used to come through the fireplace pipe (hardly anymore due to overweight) - The Thai Santa who seems to be a slimmer type comes through the el cables...;)

Everything is worthless to comment, before the authorities take their responsibility and fix the problem with this country. Sadly I do not have the amount or 304 488 years, 250 days and 6 hours that is going to take. Cheers! Happy New Year Everybody!

I've got an incredible number of quick pics of sketchy electrical scenarios.  I post them to friends/colleagues (electrical engineers) back home, they're mesmerized,  the same effect as seeing a fresh car accident....you can't help but stare, shocked (no pun intended) and amazed that more injuries/deaths/massive failures aren't more common (maybe not reported)

I've got an incredible number of quick pics of sketchy electrical scenarios.  I post them to friends/colleagues (electrical engineers) back home, they're mesmerized,  the same effect as seeing a fresh car accident....you can't help but stare, shocked (no pun intended) and amazed that more injuries/deaths/massive failures aren't more common (maybe not reported)

Post some here, I’m always intrigued by the magic of thai electricians.... ;)

Sent from my house using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app