Video: Man "cheats death" as Thai hanging wires explode like fireworks

webfact

11 hours ago, johnray said:

This is why I don't hold on to the handrails on bridges and skytrain because the wires are right next to the metal handrail.

I agree, you've given me a second reason.  My primary reason for not touching handrails is hygiene.

On 27/12/2017 at 3:15 PM, johnray said:

This is why I don't hold on to the handrails on bridges and skytrain because the wires are right next to the metal handrail.

And there are generally no earthing arrangements for exposed metal parts in Thailand. They rely totally on RCD's ( Residual current devices) which are extremely rarely tested for accurate operation or even operation.  The rules are not abided by and standards of Electrical safety are abismal. I believe that the number of deaths and severe injuries related to Electrics is never published.

On 12/27/2017 at 4:44 PM, Just Weird said:

It's a pity that you weren't there to stay under the electrically exploding cables to warn everyone.  Only an idiot would stick around in those circumstances.

Actually, I would have stuck around to warn others, and have done so before in many similar incidents. I can only assume you were brought up in some <deleted> country by feral dogs where anyone else's life is worthless.  A place where you learn to be a perfect dick, and it is every man for himself. Your mom would be proud of you.

9 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Actually, I would have stuck around to warn others, and have done so before in many similar incidents. I can only assume you were brought up in some <deleted> country by feral dogs where anyone else's life is worthless.  A place where you learn to be a perfect dick, and it is every man for himself. Your mom would be proud of you.

Oh dear.