The Terminal: Zimbabwe Family Stuck 3 Months At Bkk Airport

webfact

Just now, khunken said:

No one needs to pay them as, if you bothered to read the Ops, they have more than enough to buy multiple air tickets.

They may be chancers insofar as they tried to travel to Spain without visas but we still don;t know why they are fearful of travelling back to Zimbabwe.

Is it their colour that's bothering you?

nope. only thing bothered Me was a thai gay boy trying to get likes on FB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I thought Zimbabwe was a democracy, so how are their lives in danger ?

Yes, just like Russia is a democracy and many other so called democracies in Africa!  It is not a democracy when the opposition parties are not allowed to participate in the political process.  I think Putin has a great deal since he gets to decide who will run against him.  All of the valid candidates are suddenly arrested and charged with bogus felonies so they are ineligible to run.

ZImbabwe is a world class basket case!  I am not a fan of Ian Smith but the whites in Zimbabwe knew what would happen to them with majority black rule.  South Africa has been in steady decline for some time.  Tribal politics are the norm there.  Nationalism has never taken hold in Africa.

7 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I consider Muslim such as a race.. Your interpretation of balanced is not another’s, and in the end these black folk in no man’s land at the airport might just get what all of us long timers want so dearly, a free no have to see immigration every 90 days stay here card. And they may just have done it by short time holding out at the airport. I’d gladly go stay in no man’s land for a couple of months to enjoy the end result of residency here.

if you think they are going to get residency over this you are delusional.   

As for 90 days report, whats the big deal? I never had an issue with it and for several years I just made a trip every month or so never having to do a 90 day report. 

PS you can do mail-in and in some places online. 

2 minutes ago, jerojero said:

Sorry, but it's a ruse to simply stay in Thailand, meanwhile let's flaunt the Immigration laws.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As they have already twice attempted to leave Thailand and are continuing to do so, I disagree with you statement. 

4 hours ago, jerojero said:

Sorry, but it's a ruse to simply stay in Thailand, meanwhile let's flaunt the Immigration laws.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They won't be offered asylum in Thailand. The country's policy is not to offer refugee status and that isn't going to change. The case is in the hands of the UN which is gathering a list of countries willing to offer asylum from which the family can choose.