Visa Requirements for Selling Vehicles

gerryBScot

Realise this relates to current topic regarding buying but need to know that I can sell my truck while here on a 30 day waiver. Was here previously for seven plus years on Non B and WP when truck bought. Any advice gratefully received.

31 minutes ago, Ken said:

I had to have Residence Certificate when I recently sold my motorcycle.  This was in Korat.  You should be able to get a Residence Certificate from your Embassy  while on a 30 day waiver.

Embassy, not immigration office?

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

Either  will do, embassy  dearer but faster

Immigration slower but cheaper

Indeed, embassy letter cost considerably more but can do on a 30 day waiver.  Korat immigration cannot do on a 30 day waiver, but cost is 500 Baht and letter issued same day, immediately.

5 hours ago, Seeall said:

Good topic and I see another question:  yes I used to get a res cert for car stuff, but now they have the farang mandatory reg where you stay.. WOULD they accept that as we already all have it.

So nobody knows if the Notification of residence we all supposed to have all the time can be used instead of the old cert of residence?

2 minutes ago, Seeall said:

So nobody knows if the Notification of residence we all supposed to have all the time can be used instead of the old cert of residence?

Have no idea what a "Notification of residence" is and I have been living here full time for 11 years but if it is notarized by a Thai notary, which in Thailand is a lawyer, and is less than 6 months old it would probably work.

4 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Different DLT offices have different requirements but have never heard of one accepting a TM30 receipt. Usually a Resident Cert/embassy letter, work permit or yellow book.

1 minute ago, Rdrokit said:

Have no idea what a "Notification of residence" is and I have been living here full time for 11 years but if it is notarized by a Thai notary, which in Thailand is a lawyer, and is less than 6 months old it would probably work.

I think he means a TM30 reciept that some immigration offices staple into passport,

1 minute ago, Rdrokit said:

I think he means a TM30 reciept that some immigration offices staple into passport,

1 hour ago, Rdrokit said:

A letter from the police on police paper will also work, some stations will do it for you free and some might not and send you to the  embassy ..... 

11 hours ago, Seeall said:

Can not be used, certificate of address is required (or workpermit or yellow housebook).

Edited by stevenl