Accident & Life Insurance recommendations and advice.

ozzmanrocks

Hi can anyone recommend or give me some advice on a good quality accident & life insurance.

My main concern at the moment is getting the accident insurance covered as I'm very concerned about having a motorbike accident. I have had a look into it but there are just so many options and I'm not sure where to start. It seems like a lot of the banks offer accident insurance but then the cover is only around 300,000baht. I have a feeling that isn't going to last long especially if you are taken to one of the expensive private hospitals. Or there is cover from someone like Bupa, which is a bit out of my price range.

Does anyone have experience with this and can recommend a good quality cover without busting the bank.

Thanks so much Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mansell said:

The insurance I bought from Bangkok Bank doesn't cover motorcycle accidents......I found this out when I went to claim......but it does cover other accidents like tripping and breaking something. 

That is strange.  I have had accident insurance from Bangkok Bank for many years, and several years ago I had a motorcycle accident and they paid.

5 hours ago, Ken said:

That is strange.  I have had accident insurance from Bangkok Bank for many years, and several years ago I had a motorcycle accident and they paid.

If you go to Bangkok Bank Kad Suan Kaew mall branch, you'll find they're offering a better accident/life insurance plant that the standard plan offered on the Bangkok Bank website.  They realize they have many older western clients

who ride motorbike and they contracted directly with Bangkok Insurance to offer an accident insurance policy that includes cover for older  people on a motorcycle  Yes. it has a max payout of 200,00 per year, but with no deductible and nearly universal recognition  of the card at all hospitals in the city, its a pretty good deal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2017 at 11:14 AM, nahkit said:
5 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Then you would have had it included for an extra premium. 

Incorrect.  I go to my bangkok bank branch every year to renew.  The only time there is a change in the price from their brochure is based on age.

You might want to click on the link that sfokevin supplied.  http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/Bancassurance/NonLifeInsurance/Pages/NewPA1st.aspx

Edited by Ken

Bupa quoted me 42K last year - for if I remember 1.5M coverage

Pattaya Expats Club - thru AXA - have policies from 20K to 40K if not over 65 and 40K to 80K with Out Patient. If you insure before you turn 65 you can renew after. Max payout 1.5M

Pattaya Expats Club - thru AXA - have policies from 20K to 40K if not over 65 and 40K to 80K with Out Patient. If you insure before you turn 65 you can renew after. Max payout 1.5M
Think you're talking medical insurance rather than accident insurance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AboutThaim said:

Is there any accident or health insurance available for expats over 70 year old at an affordable price?

Again Bangkok Bank offers PA 1st for seniors (50 to 100 years of age).  Look at the link:  http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/Bancassurance/NonLifeInsurance/Pages/NewPA1st.aspx

I am certain that other banks offer similar accident insurance and depending on how much coverage you choose, it is quite affordable.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Think you're talking medical insurance rather than accident insurance

Please contact : NENG (Chamnong Anusat-utai)
TEL: 08-4003-6030 E-mail: [email protected]

2 hours ago, Ken said:

And why do you say that:  for example, from their website:

image.png.615d2faa2625c691d8744404d17c263d.png

I can't seem to edit my reply so:  I think I miss-read the Bangkok Bank web page and indeed from looking at it, they no longer cover motorcycle accidents.  Years ago they did, because it happened to me.  My coverage is up for renewal next month and I will go to the bank and get more specifics about the motorcycle coverage (or not).  I don't want it, if it doesn't cover motorcycle accidents.  May be shopping around other banks or maybe it just isn't available at a certain age.

Edited by Ken

^^^ Please note my previous statement that PA 1st has no motorcycle accident insurance was in reply to Kens post about PA Senior... VIP & Smart do cover motorcycles so check which policy you have  ;-)

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I'm curious as to why post #11 includes a quote in my name when I've never posted on this thread?

It's because the reply window saves the data from posting previously - even if it was 2 months ago in a completely different discussion! It's a very annoying bug in the software. You have to remember to clear the data before posting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rawhod said:

I get my Accident Insurance at Bangkok Insurance, Chiang Puack, for 6,400 baht per year, which includes motor cycle accident cover.

Could you tell us what coverage you get for that amount?... Specially in the case of a motorcycle accident?...

Bangkok Bank, Kad Suan Kaew branch sells a "senior" personal accident policy that does cover motorcycle accidents and has a higher payout than the "PA Senior 1st" policy described on the Bangkok Bank website.  The Kad Suan Kaew branch of the bank serves many older foreigners, so they made special arrangements with Bangkok Insurance for this policy.  Other Bangkok Bank branches don't offer it.

I've used this insurance at CM Ram for a twisted ankle and didn't have to pay anything when I showed them the insurance card.  I know older people who have this policy who have been covered for motorcycle accidents, even when they were "at fault".  I guess the issue of who is "at fault" in an accident doesn't come into play here.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sfokevin said:

^^^ So you’re saying that twisting ones ankle on the way home after a few wines at Pern’s was deemed an accident?... :whistling:

Wow, are you making assumptions!

Since you asked, I twisted my ankle at 6:30 am during the set-up of the Rotary table at the Citylife Garden Fair last year when it was at JJ Market.  It was still a little dark, I was carry goods and couldn't see well and the footpaths there were very uneven.  I went on to staff the Rotary table about six hours, standing on my feet, rather than doing the sensible thing of returning home to elevate the foot and ice the sprain.

When it still wasn't better after eight days, I thought I should have it checked just to be sure I hadn't broken a bone. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Could you tell us what coverage you get for that amount?... Specially in the case of a motorcycle accident?...

500,000 B Loss of life, dismemberment, loss of sight hearing or speech, permanent disability.

200,000 b Medical expenses each accident.

for all accidents inc. motorcycle.