Don't drink and drive - video shows a Thai cook who did

webfact

Don't drink and drive - video shows a Thai cook who did

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The perils of drinking and driving were revealed in a YouTube video that showed the aftermath of an accident in Suphanburi yesterday.

A female cook who had been boozing drove her Honda City into the Banharn - Jaemsai clocktower in the central Thai city.

Police and foundation medics found Ketsiri, 37, barely alive behind the wheel - she died soon after at the Soon Chao Praya Yommarat Hospital.

There was a lot of damage to the car, signage and a barrier and the boot was opened to reveal a stack of beer bottles many of them smashed in the crash.

The cops said she had been helping to set up an alcohol booth then went to a pub to celebrate a friend's birthday.

She lost control of her car on the way home on the Nenkao Road.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-29

WARNING: This video contains images that some viewers may find disturbing

RIP young lady. I feel so sorry for you and also for relatives as well.

But aside from my heartfelt sorrow I hope this Thai News website  here and in other media portrays death in its rawest terms to keep reminding bad drivers that not only this can happen to you but also to other innocent drivers/riders on the road. Please Thai News show it as fatalities do occur here far to often in the thousands.

Show the bodies with heads missing , brains splattered etc . This might WAKE  up Thai motorists to reality. In turn may stimulate the cops to pull their finger out!

45 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

But aside from my heartfelt sorrow I hope this Thai News website  here and in other media portrays death in its rawest terms to keep reminding bad drivers that not only this can happen to you but also to other innocent drivers/riders on the road. Please Thai News show it as fatalities do occur here far to often in the thousands.

Show the bodies with heads missing , brains splattered etc . This might WAKE  up Thai motorists to reality. In turn may stimulate the cops to pull their finger out!

They show similar videos as part of the driving test. Has no effect, most pay no attention before riding off on the wrong side of the road, without indicating and neglecting to wear the helmet which they brought along just to take the test with.

57 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

Well, they do it on cigarette packages, and donno where else, you might just print those pics on front and back of you driving license.....if you got one after all.

13 hours ago, webfact said:

This video contains images that some viewers may find disturbing

The only thing I found disturbing was the fact that the woman was "helping to set up an alcohol booth then went to a pub to celebrate a friend's birthday".

Well, ok, one other thing that was disturbing, the two men who thought they had the right to pull back the sheet, at 2:27 in the video, to satisfy the media.

3 hours ago, jethro69 said:

Well, they do it on cigarette packages, and donno where else, you might just print those pics on front and back of you driving license.....if you got one after all.

There is gorey pictures of splattered accident victims on a lot of Thai Facebook sites 

Not only does it not affect them, it seems they get some weird buzz out of looking  at gore.... 

16 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

Why feel sorry for her? Stupid to drink and drive and even more stupid not to wear her seat belt which is the cause of her death in an otherwise survivable crash. Som nam na if you ask me and I'm only happy she wiped herself out and not innocent bystanders.

6 hours ago, ChiangmaiRob said:

Why feel sorry for her? Stupid to drink and drive and even more stupid not to wear her seat belt which is the cause of her death in an otherwise survivable crash. Som nam na if you ask me and I'm only happy she wiped herself out and not innocent bystanders.

Heartless are you not?

18 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

Heartless are you not?

Not at all just telling it how I see it and maybe if you had family or friends wiped out by a drunk driver, you might have a change in attitude towards them. I have empathy for her family and the families of other drunks who wipe themselves out but for the dead drunk drivers .... to me they're simply one less danger on these already very dangerous roads.

Edited by ChiangmaiRob

If she had a seatbelt on she would be alive. The steering wheel is crushwd in so might have crushed her heart. There is a lot of force behind the airbag the safety item that can kill.

Thanks for not killing anyone else

Edited by Coconutman

1 hour ago, wakeupplease said:

Thats one that will not show up in the daily deaths reports then

The roadways of hell strikes again

I personally dont know one way or the other, but there is conflicting views on that at the moment, although that won't concern her very much

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

I personally dont know one way or the other, but there is conflicting views on that at the moment, although that won't concern her very much

You have to die at the scene to be counted as a traffic fatality 

If you die an hour later in  hospital it's not counted AFAIK