Sek Loso to headline scaled-down Pattaya Countdown

Rimmer

Sek Loso to headline scaled-down Pattaya Countdown

image.png

PATTAYA:--Sek Loso will headline a scaled-down Pattaya Count­down as the city bounces back from the royal mourning period and budget cuts.

Deputy Mayor Bandit Kunnajukr chaired a Dec. 19 planning meeting for the New Year’s Eve event at Bali Hai Pier.

Rather than the week-long series of concerts and fireworks, this year’s count­down, the first since 2015, will be only one night, Dec. 31, from 6 p.m. until Midnight.

Seksan “Sek Loso” Sukpimai, former frontman of the 90s Thai rock band, will headline the night’s entertainment, which will feature a large fireworks display as 2018 dawns.

City spokesman Pinit Maneerat said Pattaya is rebounding from a quiet 12 months during the mourning period for late HM King Rama IX, which forced the cancellation of last year’s countdown.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/sek-loso-headline-scaled-pattaya-countdown-197722

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-12-29

4 hours ago, Proud Father said:

Yes, I noticed the scaleback last night as they only just begun to build the stage...to which we were going to see the first of three days of concerts and fireworks as advertised. sigh.

But I was at the Pattaya City sign just yesterday (where they have always located some fireworks in the past) and there was no activity whatsoever.  And I couldn't see any fireworks barges out in the bay either:blink:

18 hours ago, midas said:

But I was at the Pattaya City sign just yesterday (where they have always located some fireworks in the past) and there was no activity whatsoever.  And I couldn't see any fireworks barges out in the bay either:blink:

Looking at the news it looks like Sek is being summoned for firing a

gun in the ground and air...I wonder who will be the back up back up replacement...

Yeah, let's see how this plays out now he has an arrest warrant out on him for being a belligerent moron and shooting off an automatic pistol off into the air at a temple. This fool should be behind bars as is a drug taking wife-beater too....not to mention a nutjob due to the ludicrous response he gave online about the incident and is obviously a danger too the public who shouldn't be heading anything.

His response (quoted from another media source) on Farcebook to comments was "On that night, there was a worshipping ceremony to mark the 250th anniversary of King Taksin the Great’s enthronement," he wrote. "If I did anything wrong, how could I dare sit and take a photo with the abbot of Wat Khun Phanom and Nakhon Si Thammarat people?"

"If I had done something wrong, I might have been strangled to death by the spirits. You have brains. Think about it. Try to think about it from several angles. Don’t keep criticising me.’’

"...strangled to death by spirits." Please, give me a break...yes we have brains and looks like you have fried yours with all the drugs you take.

Probably a 500 baht fine and a wai as that is the standard penalty for Thais being a moron these days.

42 minutes ago, Proud Father said:

Looking at the news it looks like Sek is being summoned for firing a

gun in the ground and air...I wonder who will be the back up back up replacement...

Yes the event he was to attend last night was cancelled and the people given most of their money back.