Vans cause of most accidents among public transport

rooster59

6 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Passenger motorbikes rarely have accidents.

Most sleep all day so plenty of sleep. 

Most don't drink and drive. 

They travel short distances. 

Keep their bikes up to date. Don't play their telephone whilst driving. 

They drive against traffic all days long, because the supergood police let's them.

Many don't have proper lights, don't use indicatorlights, drive the opposite lane and even stop other roadusers to cross the street if there's a client for them.

They are also very rude, one drove into my wife last week at the market, all her just bought eggs broken. Now she will never go to the market again.

22 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

When will you learn that they are neither. This is Thailand and what you read are translations from Thai to English. And what does the name have to do with it?

My experience with these white vans has been scary and I avoid them at all cost.

So what the hell are they then?  I suppose 'Mobile coffins driven by psychotic feral scumbags' would be more accurate but technically they are indeed Mini-Buses.

21 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

If you value your life, never use this form of transport. It's just not worth the risk.

I agree but what do you do if there is no other choice?

For example there is no alternative transport other than mini buses between Pattaya and Trat (if you want to go to Koh Chang)

And recently at Trat bus station I tried to buy a ticket on a big bus to Bangkok and asked if  I could disembark just before Rayong  because I told them I didn't want to travel by minibus  all the way for safety reasons and they flat-out refused:bah:

Edited by midas

5 hours ago, Thian said:

They drive against traffic all days long, because the supergood police let's them.

Many don't have proper lights, don't use indicatorlights, drive the opposite lane and even stop other roadusers to cross the street if there's a client for them.

They are also very rude, one drove into my wife last week at the market, all her just bought eggs broken. Now she will never go to the market again.

Rude they may be. 

The crux of my comment was how many accidents they have causing serious injury and death. 

In my 20 years, I've not heard of a death caused by a motorbike taxi. 

I bet you have a car. ??