Kick out from hotel like a vagabond.

Tchooptip

We are in a hotel in Phon Jaroen  since the 16th of December and intended to stay until the 5 or 6th January, this morning the employee at the reception told my wife, I am sorry but you must go today, hotel is full of reservations only

some reserved 2 rooms and only told us they will come for sure this morning so you cannot stay longer 

Normally in this hotel, they asked to be paid every day, but we paid most of the time for 2/3 days so we paid 4 days ago until yesterday night she did not tell us anything at all.No warning at all.

This morning at eight o'clock the lady told my wife I am sorry you must leave today, 4 days ago she did not say anything. We come last years for 3 weeks too, and she knows my wife's parents are living in Phon Charoen and knew we intended to stay

from the very first day.

In case someone could think there is another reason, never had we the smallest problem, on the contrary, only smiles every day. Useless to say we are mad, my wife knows where live the owner she owns a motorbike shop, and refuses to go asking her to come!

I thought could we go to the police? The police station is 200meters far. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

What hotel lets you pay as you go? It's not a phone service. If you didn't pay for the days you will be staying already then buh bye.

Many. Pay a few days or a week in advance rather than for the whole stay at once. Pretty common practice, especially if you don't have a set itinerary and want to keep some options open. The big question is did the OP make a reservation and pay  in advance for the days he's been evicted for. My guess is he didn't.

Edited by Meljames

You cant have it both ways, a pay as you go arrangement with no specific reservation or advised check out day, giving you the freedom to leave any-time OR a booking reservation etc. Its high season and the hotel would be honoring reservations and definite long term bookings etc.

9 minutes ago, torrzent said:

Should have paid up front, simple!

Exactly especially this time of year

By the way some of the posters need to read the OP again - " He was paying roughly 3 days at a time "

But I think it was very rude of them not to pre warn him that he may have to book out due to full bookings 

21 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Just go and speak to the manager , and see whether there is an amicably solution .

If not, go and find somewhere else to stay

I called my daughter in Law in Bangkok, she found the telephone number of the owner, called her, if you throw my dad out you will have a big problem with me, not with him because he is a good man, and do not want a problem with anyone.

The owner came 2 minutes ago OK I am sorry you can stay, but what she did not know a few minutes ago, I saw the hotel employee who told me aggressively "must go" 

We paid for a few more day so the end of the story.

If you are the hotel owner, you are going to give the room to someone who pays for it upfront... day by day only guarantees you day by day... if you were not willing to commit with your money, and others were, any reasonable manager and owner would take the paying customer first... 

If you have been here before, you should know, as your wife probably does know, that a "yes" response from a desk clerk is just an appeasement and a non-confrontational response. Money talks - maybe walks... sorry for your problems and hope you find someplace better... 

9 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

I called my daughter in Law in Bangkok, she found the telephone number of the owner, called her, if you throw my dad out you will have a big problem with me, not with him because he is a good man, and do not want a problem with anyone.

The owner came 2 minutes ago OK I am sorry you can stay, but what she did not know a few minutes ago, I saw the hotel employee who told me aggressively "must go" 

Happy ending!  Love the old "he is a good man" schtick....how many times a day does that phrase get tossed about!  But that wasn't what solved this.  The OP dug into his pocket and finally shelled out.  Money talks, BS takes the bus!

8 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Do not make any problems with the hotel employee who aggressively told you that you "must go" , as she was only doing what she was told to do .

I really do think that you could have sorted this out yourself, by going to speak with the manger, rather than phoning your daughter and posting on here .

Or pay up front , rather than paying late .

There may have been no need for your daughter to threaten the manager .

I imagine this is a (barely) 2-star provincial hotel? Decent, comfortable and probably around 500 baht/night tops?

It is new year holidays and rooms will be at a premium from today onwards. If the OP should have at least paid through the new year weekend, it would have been OK. Playing pay-as-you-go with front-desk staff who are not managers in holiday season is a mistake. The OP's wife is avoiding confrontation as she screwed up. I doubt she's expecting her farang partner to do much better and getting the cops is a waste of time.

Things should free up from 2nd/3rd onwards as people start to head home. Did a quick search and Little Garden Resort is assumed to be full (contact for rooms and rates) whereas Aromdee Resort indicates rooms available now at 400 baht/night.

Just saw that the OP got his DiL to pull a sad version of "Do you know who I am?!" with the owner. If it was me, I wouldn't be ordering any food from the hotel kitchen for the rest of the stay.

Edited by NanLaew

18 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Why the vague "a few more days", if you want to stay until the 6th, book and pay until the 6th. In a couple of days you will probably have the same problem again as more bookings and reservations turn up.

The hotel probably has a pay daily policy and as the OP hadnt paid for a few days , they asked him to leave .

Phoning his daughterr in law, threatening the manager , posting on here , referring to himself as a vagabond , thinking of calling the police , the aggressive hotel staff : Just go and pay the hotel bill, you drama queen

Both parties are at fault

Hotel over peak season should have taken full amount then no problem

Op should have reserved room in full

Situation a not handled well by hotel but as in thailand greed is paramount they were juggling rooms to get full occupancy ( overbooking) in these case someone has to be bumped  hence the request for a person who has not paid in full to leave or in the cas now someone who thinks they have  booking

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The hotel probably has a pay daily policy and as the OP hadnt paid for a few days , they asked him to leave .

Phoning his daughterr in law, threatening the manager , posting on here , referring to himself as a vagabond , thinking of calling the police , the aggressive hotel staff : Just go and pay the hotel bill, you drama queen

seems a little much, the extent you will go to in order to solve a simple problem. good thing you have a daughter to back you up

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You may have nailed it and therein lies the rub.  Drama queens seek to create drama rather than quietly resolving the matter behind the scenes!

Years ago my company put me up in a suite at The Furama in Hong Kong and I stayed therefore almost a year. Suddenly, three weeks before the handover of Hong Kong to the Chinese, the hotel told me I had to leave, they were betting on making big profits from tourists attending the handover ceremonies. I left and went to Singapore for three weeks, came back and checked into another hotel, the massive rush of tourists didn't materialise. The Furama called me and told me I could return and we told them to get stuffed, we also made sure nobody from our organisation ever stayed in a Furama hotel again.

I'm betting the OP's in a similar situation, profits are calling and hoteliers are getting greedy.

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Useless to say we are mad, my wife knows where live the owner she owns a motorbike shop, and refuses to go asking her to come!

I thought could we go to the police? The police station is 200meters far. 

Go to another Hotel or Guesthouse I wouldn't want to stay there anyway even if they changed there minds.

16 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Looking for decency and scrupulous from Thai operated hospitality place

is like asking a hungry lion not to eat that sheep, all they care is the bottom

line of today's taking, and yours is in the way....

What a load of BS, if you don't make a reservation during New Year, you are taking a big risk. Book in advance if you intend to stay and there is no problem. Once again somebody blames the Thai's for their own incompetence.

20 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Looking for decency and scrupulous from Thai operated hospitality place

is like asking a hungry lion not to eat that sheep, all they care is the bottom

line of today's taking, and yours is in the way....

Then again, if he indeed would have paid , he would have been able to stay .

He was "overstaying" in the hotel and they asked him to leave

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Why the vague "a few more days", if you want to stay until the 6th, book and pay until the 6th. In a couple of days you will probably have the same problem again as more bookings and reservations turn up.

Do you know who his daughter in law is????

" she found the telephone number of the owner, called her, if you throw my dad out you will have a big problem with me, "

Phon Cheroen isn't a big place, no tourist police that I recall. We live about 20 minutes away. Not sure about Phon Jaroen.

Most Thais are either related or know each other in those parts.

Not sure if I would go out of my way to annoy them.