Tourists' tears of grief as friend "ignores warnings" and falls at Samui waterfall

rooster59

22 hours ago, alex8912 said:

There is absolutely no need for that picture to be posted on TVF.  It should be removed! 

There may be no need but here is no problem, for one thing it is not insensitive in any way as he is not identified and, more importantly, Thaivisa cannot edit aggregated news items that are not theirs.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alex8912 said:

There is NO reason for TVF to show the young mans dead body at all!! ZERO!  There is absolutely no reason to show the dead young mans body. Get it??  

Get it??  

Posting "Get it??" doesn't make you right, you know, you have your opinion about it and that's all it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chippendale said:

Stop drooling over that photo, and man up. Yes, I do feel that every day I risk my life driving in Thailand; 61 (and climbing) road fatalities per day attest to that. I often hike or cycle in nature and realise that I'm risking my life, but I'm not as delicate as you and will not cry over a photo and hide indoors. A way to avoid pain in life is by turning off the news and logging off Thaivisa, but that's just to deny that bad things can and do happen.  

Life can be tough. Toughen up.

I'm not crying over that photo and go out every day in Thailand. I ride my bycycle a lot in BKK ( can you believe that!) I don't feel walking and hiking in nature here is anymore risky than in Maine or Vermont. I also drive quite often and not scared of it. I get off Thai Visa forum more than most. It's taken me 7 years to have only 700ish posts. I don't think that is even close to " living" on TVF LOL. Some on here have 10,000 million billion posts if you care to notice. I also see many pics on TVF that the people's dead bodies are whited out. Twenty five is young to die and just some more respect could be taken.  You actually typed " a way to avoid pain in life is by logging off Thaivisa" OMG!  

On 12/30/2017 at 4:13 PM, peperobi said:

Paradise??? None of the tour operators there do their work in the right way.

He is an adult with an adult brain.  He ignored warning signs. What else do you expect “tour operators “ to do? Sorry for the man and his friends as this is a tragedy. But for you to blame thailand or thai people is ridiculous.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

I'm not crying over that photo and go out every day in Thailand. I ride my bycycle a lot in BKK ( can you believe that!) I don't feel walking and hiking in nature here is anymore risky than in Maine or Vermont. I also drive quite often and not scared of it. I get off Thai Visa forum more than most. It's taken me 7 years to have only 700ish posts. I don't think that is even close to " living" on TVF LOL. Some on here have 10,000 million billion posts if you care to notice. I also see many pics on TVF that the people's dead bodies are whited out. Twenty five is young to die and just some more respect could be taken.  You actually typed " a way to avoid pain in life is by logging off Thaivisa" OMG!  

7 years and 750 posts on Thaivisa ... and yet you still haven't learned that the point of these public forums is to engage in open debate, learn from each other and, yes, sometimes be confronted by the unpleasant aspects of life, such as accidents and death. This website is not for you to sanitize reality and create a rosy picture of life for you alone. There are other places on the internet where you can indulge in your delicate personal sensitivities.

Life can be uncomfortable. Crime and accidents do happen outside your cozy shelter. The media can help to remind us that being reckless or ignoring warnings can get us in trouble, such as the poor Israeli tourist. Man up and deal with it.

Wanting to silence people that don't have the same opinion as you is extremely immature and childish. Thaivisa is not the place for that.

15 hours ago, Wake Up said:

He is an adult with an adult brain.  He ignored warning signs. What else do you expect “tour operators “ to do? Sorry for the man and his friends as this is a tragedy. But for you to blame thailand or thai people is ridiculous.  

I never blame Thailand and maybe you do not know that many tour operator on Samui are leading by farangs or are farangs companies...

3 hours ago, peperobi said:

I never blame Thailand and maybe you do not know that many tour operator on Samui are leading by farangs or are farangs companies...

To blame anyone other than the 26 year old man is ridiculous. The person to blame is the man who ignored the warning signs and took a risk he lost. He was not a young child he was 26 years old. We all did stupid things at age 26 but sometimes the consequences of doing stupid things is severe. Please no blaming others for adult bad decisions. Sorry for him and his family and wish this tradegy did not happen but at age 26 warning signs should be suffice notice of peril.  

I don't think it's useful to focus on blame about this. There were warnings but history shows they don't always work. It's legitimate to reexamine the warnings in place there in response to this tragedy. Obviously a balance between safety and preserving the beauty of the place is the goal but it's debatable whether that balance is currently in place. 

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

that's a bit harsh mate. he was young, on holiday and exploring. it was an accident. got to go sometime i guess but unfair to call him stupid imo

it's a fact that it was his own fault.....no other involved. There are "warning" signboards even and this idiot has to climb up? How you would call it then if not stupidity. But after paying the ferry man----RIP

14 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

it's a fact that it was his own fault.....no other involved. There are "warning" signboards even and this idiot has to climb up? How you would call it then if not stupidity. But after paying the ferry man----RIP

like i said. that's a bit harsh mate. anyway. hope you get through this new year unscathed.

19 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

There are "warning" signboards

if i had taken notice of every warning sign i've seen through my life, it would have been very boring. ever drive here? you've been warned. the guy was not an idiot he just thought theres more to life than been sat at home. and <deleted> to rip, none sense, die = dust. you'll be there soon enough

My idea of a picture display actually showing the faces of the accident victims might impact more people more personally. Like a picture of this recent victim with text -- died because he jumped in and hit his head. Surely fewer people would try stuff like that if they saw that on entering, yes? 

On 2017-12-30 at 2:59 PM, alex8912 said:

You have to be drunk or joking! 

Can you see the anguish in that dead mans friends eyes??  Do you actually think showing the dead mans body is going to deter someone from doing something similar?  There is absolutely no reason TVF needs to show the dead mans body. They could and should just white it out like so many other pics on here. I did report it as well earlier. The story itself is enough to deter someone. Look at his friends eyes/ face!!  All you can say is "why not" 

That is souless. Imagine if that man was your friend or son or brother!  

That´s exactly what needs to be done to scare people. Appearently normal signs and word of warnings is not enough.

20 hours ago, Happy enough said:

There are "warning" signboards

if i had taken notice of every warning sign i've seen through my life, it would have been very boring. ever drive here? you've been warned. the guy was not an idiot he just thought theres more to life than been sat at home. and <deleted> to rip, none sense, die = dust. you'll be there soon enough

fair enough, so he got what he was asking for!

22 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

fair enough, so he got what he was asking for!

disagree. we all will end up dead the same at some point, i don't think he was asking for it the same way every time i drive from chumphon to bkk and back i'm not asking to die, but there's a chance i could. it's life mate

12 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

disagree. we all will end up dead the same at some point, i don't think he was asking for it the same way every time i drive from chumphon to bkk and back i'm not asking to die, but there's a chance i could. it's life mate

That's 2 pair of shoes. There is no need to climb up the waterfall whereas the trip to Chumpon might be necessary (food,doc,girls).

He in fact paid a high price for stupidity 

On 12/30/2017 at 8:59 PM, alex8912 said:

You have to be drunk or joking! 

Can you see the anguish in that dead mans friends eyes??  Do you actually think showing the dead mans body is going to deter someone from doing something similar?  There is absolutely no reason TVF needs to show the dead mans body. They could and should just white it out like so many other pics on here. I did report it as well earlier. The story itself is enough to deter someone. Look at his friends eyes/ face!!  All you can say is "why not" 

That is souless. Imagine if that man was your friend or son or brother!  

I personally could not care less that you are offended. In fact i think your strident calls for censorship are ridiculous.

If you dont like what you see look away.

Dont presume to determine what the rest of us shoukd or should not see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

I personally could not care less that you are offended. In fact i think your strident calls for censorship are ridiculous.

If you dont like what you see look away.

Dont presume to determine what the rest of us shoukd or should not see.

This forum is for different opinions on many topics and you have a different opinion. So what. There are different opinions on every thread so you will be busy today. Posts for the mere mention of some pretty silly terms are reported all the time on here AND the posts are even removed. Did you ever experience that? 

15 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's 2 pair of shoes. There is no need to climb up the waterfall whereas the trip to Chumpon might be necessary (food,doc,girls).

He in fact paid a high price for stupidity 

we'll beg to differ on that one. mate i've been married nearly 20 years (girls?) am i allowed more than one? i might have been missing out

*i do get your point by the way

Edited by Happy enough
add another point

24 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

we'll beg to differ on that one. mate i've been married nearly 20 years (girls?) am i allowed more than one? i might have been missing out

*i do get your point by the way

I wish you all the best for 2018 and...... what is important for old men..... health. And stay away from waterfalls