New year's eve - I will drive after drinking, what about you ?

dpdp

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, impulse said:

That's why I said it's a pricing reference.   I've gotten it as low as 50 baht, but the $0.90 savings isn't worth much time and effort in the BKK heat, plus the risk that I'd be buying fakes at an unknown pharmacy.

Ranitidine is in a different class of acid reducers, so it's not a fair comparison.  It's an H2 blocker, where Miracid is a PPI (proton pump inhibitor).  The best deal out there is baking soda by the pound, but that's in another class...

Hi, I'm not criticizing you, I am criticizing those mall pharmacies.

The reason why I mentioned the price of ranitidine is because I once bought a boots brand and paid either 150 or 200 for 10 pills. Then when I paid 15 baht at my soi pharmacy I was quite shocked at the markup.

We are talking 1000% minimum for otc med.

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Whoa now you party animal, 2 or 3 bottles of Chang?

There was a time when I drank double that in beer and tripple that in vodka red bull. Now, a little longer in the tooth and with a young child around, I'm happy to keep it to 2 or 3. I've lost the urge to get wasted, hate waking up with a hangover and would die of embarrassment if my son ever saw me staggering around the house. 

Each to his own. ?

Happy New Year and stay safe. 

39 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Hi, I'm not criticizing you, I am criticizing those mall pharmacies.

The reason why I mentioned the price of ranitidine is because I once bought a boots brand and paid either 150 or 200 for 10 pills. Then when I paid 15 baht at my soi pharmacy I was quite shocked at the markup.

We are talking 1000% minimum for otc med.

On that we do agree.  And if you want to be gouged even worse, go to a hospital and ask for Prilosec, which is the original name brand for omeprazole.  It's off patent, OTC, and can be bought in the USA outside of pharmacies for about the same as the local cost here in Thailand of the generics.  Buy it at a Thailand hospital, and it can be 10x as much as back home.  Same brand, same meds, 10x the price.  Caveat emptor, or have great insurance if you have to buy your meds at a private hospital.

The Boots brand for omeprazole goes for around 150 baht for 14 tablets (comes in a pink box so you have to be careful to ask for the Miracid, which comes in a green box).  That one's a mystery to me, where the house brand costs more.

21 hours ago, dpdp said:

Enjoy your boring life with you family I guess.

Family is the worst thing that could happen to me and anybody with a brain.

You are a lost soul that fell down and cannot get up.... 

On 30/12/2017 at 6:39 PM, dpdp said:

The people that drink and drive are the ones with no brains and seeing that you are claiming that you are going to drink then drive then that shows that you do not have a brain and I just hope that the police catch you before you kill some poor innocent family. There are more Thai's that drink and drive than there are farangs and that has shown up in the arrest figures over the last 3 days. I strongly believe that anyone who drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs that is involved in a road accident that kills someone else should be charged with murder.

9 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Chocolate is terrible for GERD... I don't like the taste of alcohol either but I also like a malibu/sapporot once every couple of months.. -- but what will take away the Gerd is omeprazole - - I took prilosec in West but here they have many generics that are very cheap. Gaster is one. Now I can drink coffee, orange juice - whatever and no symptoms. 

How much do you pay them here ? And what is the name of your omeprazole pills ?

Thank you.

9 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Good geriatrickid , before commenting I was looking for  one about getting a taxi home from one of the many drunk taxi drivers .

As for me and a very good mate along with his wife and 3 adopted kids will meet me at Pizza Corner at 6 pm , another mate will turn up on his CRF .  Motor bike mate will bring one beer , us 4 old uns will have about 2 glasses of wine each with pizza.  If this is drink driving so be it. More wine will see in the NY but they will be stopping over at my place.

Oh Pizza Corner is opposite a police box , they all stay inside it these cold nights.

This is exactly drink and drive. So many people think that it is acceptable when it is actually not.

How can foreigners "think" just as poor old farmers is beyond understanding.

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Miracid is the most widely available in Thailand, and always works for me.  The others I've tried are hit and miss.  80 baht for 14 at Boots for a pricing reference (120 baht at the Airport Boots). 

You should be aware that the GERD may still be present, just not as painful with less acid produced because of the Omeprazole.  Still smart to have it looked at every once in a while for potential esophagus issues.   I had my endoscope done in May this year...

Edit:  Had both ends scoped the same day.  I sure hope they did the esophagus before the colonoscopy.  Or at least, changed cameras.  I counted backwards to 93 or so, and was out for the rest of it...

How much did you pay to video your both holes ?

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

This time of year is more worrying than normal,as my daughter finishes work 

at the hotel about 10-11 ,and comes home on her motorbike,the thought of

those @rseholes who take no responsibility and drink and drive sometimes

to excess,and her been on the same roads,is frightening. 

The Government's tough policy on drink driving seems to have been watered

down,so if your caught,it seems the penalty is doing social service,not good enough.

regards worgeordie         Happy New Year  and don't drink and drive

So why don't you pick her up or buy her a car ?!

I would never let my kids on a bike in this country.

8 minutes ago, EdBellSmokeAndBooze said:

How much did you pay to video your both holes ?

The whole day cost 49,000 baht (pulled up the scanned invoice- which was typically convoluted), but that included several biopsies on some polyps, quite a few other tests and a chest x-ray.  And insurance paid 100% so I'm not sure what the real cost would have been.  That was at Samitivej.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

The whole day cost 49,000 baht (pulled up the scanned invoice- which was typically convoluted), but that included several biopsies on some polyps, quite a few other tests and a chest x-ray.  And insurance paid 100% so I'm not sure what the real cost would have been.  That was at Samitivej.

Thank you, but were you put to sleep ?

I want to tries these cameras, but I am still scare...

5 minutes ago, EdBellSmokeAndBooze said:

So why don't you pick her up or buy her a car ?!

I would never let my kids on a bike in this country.

She has a car,but it is not possible to park at her work place,in in a car

does not mean that you are safe either, plenty people  been killed in cars.

So what to do ,never leave the house,its a lottery.

regards worgeordie

On 12/30/2017 at 6:39 PM, dpdp said:

A typical response from a person that lies in the thread title and has the audacity to demand honest responses.

Take your nonsense elsewhere.

:post-4641-1156693976:

10 hours ago, djayz said:

There was a time when I drank double that in beer and tripple that in vodka red bull. Now, a little longer in the tooth and with a young child around, I'm happy to keep it to 2 or 3. I've lost the urge to get wasted, hate waking up with a hangover and would die of embarrassment if my son ever saw me staggering around the house. 

Each to his own. ?

Happy New Year and stay safe. 

Well, I'm 73, and can still manage to drink more than a couple of bottles of beer and still not be drunk. Happy New Year

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

Thank you....Happy New year to you to.

Now 5:02......waiting for the sun  to come up on the new day/year...life is good.

What are you doing?

Now 5:25 and the MIL is up...not sure she enjoys Pink Floyd...I'll be  walking her to the temple with the goodies for the monks soon....how is your day so far?

Just packed up all the stuff in bags....can't go yet...MIL pointed at the clock...some reason...no idea what...maybe the monks are having a kip after new years...dunno.

5:36

5:44...still waiting...hmmm

Seem to be waiting for something....Sun up? not sure at the moment.

I.m sure something magical will happen...or the monks alarm clock will go off at 6

To set the scene....drunken aussie....wife in bed.... with mother in law about to go to the temple.....everyday occurance.

By the way I love the old girl.. she's great. Do anything for her

Have to take 5 of everything.....cos there's five Monks......suggested 10 bottles of water......that got them going... 2 each......nope...5 bottles will do.

update 5:52...jakshit happening.....grab another Singha

Edited by tryasimight

36 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Now 5:25 and the MIL is up...not sure she enjoys Pink Floyd...I'll be  walking her to the temple with the goodies for the monks soon....how is your day so far?

Just packed up all the stuff in bags....can't go yet...MIL pointed at the clock...some reason...no idea what...maybe the monks are having a kip after new years...dunno.

5:36

5:44...still waiting...hmmm

Seem to be waiting for something....Sun up? not sure at the moment.

I.m sure something magical will happen...or the monks alarm clock will go off at 6

To set the scene....drunken aussie....wife in bed.... with mother in law about to go to the temple.....everyday occurance.

By the way I love the old girl.. she's great. Do anything for her

Have to take 5 of everything.....cos there's five Monks......suggested 10 bottles of water......that got them going... 2 each......nope...5 bottles will do.

update 5:52...jakshit happening.....grab another Singha

Well must be nice. Currently sitting in my office offshore wishing I was having a cold beer and enjoying New years!. Have a good one and keep posting on anything fun cause there is jack sh!t to do offshore I tell ya