Thai women going from farang back to Thai men?

dfdgfdfdgs

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I see this sarcastic remark from time to time in threads such as this - is it jealousy?

It does seem that there is an element of ThaiVisa posters who are unable to accept that there are many Westerners in Thailand who are dating or are married to Women of socio-economic equality.

Perhaps these characters lack the social skills to evolve past the bar / working girl scene, perhaps they are too lazy to put the time into meeting anyone who wouldn't be financially dependent on them, or perhaps they are simply unable to attract someone of measurable equality... 

Either way - there are scores of decent Western Guys dating well educated, financially independent Thai ladies from decent and sometimes prominent backgrounds.

.... the reasons I suspect some can't see this is perhaps that they refuse to accept that others are in perfectly normal and healthy relationships as they would be back home and not with someone who has been financially dependent on them from the offset. 

"Either way - there are scores of decent Western Guys dating well educated, financially independent Thai ladies from decent and sometimes prominent backgrounds."

if there are they sure as hell did not meet these gals on thaifriendly

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Assuming she was road legal when you rented her in 1968 she must have been born in 1950 or earlier

So that would make her  68+ years old now working still  in the same bar? 

Sorry sir, but you are full  of shit.... :thumbsup:

Maybe 70.  She is the head cashier pun intended.  If I knew you.  I'd tell you which bar.  She is a sweetheart. Long beautiful hair.  When I saw her after a long absence it was early.  Only her and me in the bar and the only light from the rising sun.  She looked at me and I her and we were both overcome with emotion.  Afterwards I didn't know if I should offer her money or not and when I did she hesitated not knowing if she should take it.  Now she joins in occasionally not a regular thing more like she wants to keep her hand in the game.  Did you ever read about Bob Hope's Thai girlfriend.  She died last year.  She was about the same age and still working when she died.  When you been around for a while you will be better able to talk to the old timers.

12 minutes ago, amvet said:

Maybe 70.  She is the head cashier pun intended.  If I knew you.  I'd tell you which bar.  She is a sweetheart. Long beautiful hair.  When I saw her after a long absence it was early.  Only her and me in the bar and the only light from the rising sun.  She looked at me and I her and we were both overcome with emotion.  Afterwards I didn't know if I should offer her money or not and when I did she hesitated not knowing if she should take it.  Now she joins in occasionally not a regular thing more like she wants to keep her hand in the game.  Did you ever read about Bob Hope's Thai girlfriend.  She died last year.  She was about the same age and still working when she died.  When you been around for a while you will be better able to talk to the old timers.

70 lol and still joining in.... Errr...no thx 

You can keep her for yourself! :thumbsup:

I guess I'm still too young to appreciate sexy 70 year olds..... 

10 hours ago, The Oracle said:

You seem to know her so well.
Maybe you can tell me why this university-educated, multi-lingual translator doesn't like being looked at as a sex worker.

I have no idea.  There are hundreds of hi so Thai women eating at the Hilton brunch every time I go with no problems.  The majority of business in Pattaya is Thai people from Bangkok.  I have never met a uni educated Thai woman who avoided Pattaya. 

48 minutes ago, atyclb said:

"Either way - there are scores of decent Western Guys dating well educated, financially independent Thai ladies from decent and sometimes prominent backgrounds."

if there are they sure as hell did not meet these gals on thaifriendly

Thaifriendly's awful.

Sponsor hunters and freelancers galore.

Top end women are met at the office or in high end restaurants during the day doing brunch with their smartphones.

3 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Thaifriendly's awful.

Sponsor hunters and freelancers galore.

Top end women are met at the office or in high end restaurants during the day doing brunch with their smartphones.

You might want to ask Channel 3’s Phasut “Art” Banyaem where he met his GF. 

ploy.jpg

Why do they go back to the Thai man? The answer is simple. Most farangs are boring, outspoken, not funny and do not know how to treat a Thai lady.  Whereas a Thai man knows how to make a Thai lady laugh even though he may be piss poor. The excitement she craved of wanting a farang soon subsides when she realises the grass on the other side of the fence isn't greener. Yes she enjoys the financial side of being with a farang but Thai ladies like to party and a Thai man is on par with her. She craves her own kind except when money is concerned.

One only has to see the wives of on/off contract workers to see it going on. 

2 hours ago, amvet said:

I have no idea.  There are hundreds of hi so Thai women eating at the Hilton brunch every time I go with no problems.  The majority of business in Pattaya is Thai people from Bangkok.  I have never met a uni educated Thai woman who avoided Pattaya. 

Lordy, are you for real?  If a uni educated Thai woman were to avoid Pattaya, you wouldn't meet them, would you?

3 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Some farang don't need Zoloft lol

When I'm having a bad day, I knock back some fine Irish whisky and  relax....:smile:

Some farang don't have bad days at least not ones where Irish whiskey would make any difference.

4 hours ago, speedtripler said:

From the comments alone its blatantly clear that the majority of posters are 'mongers who arrived late in life and shacked up with the first <deleted> who polished their gun and then bought her a some land and a house... True love indeed! :whistling:

Which is why I took exception to an earlier comment.  Why do people assume that every person on ThaiVisa is a 60+ year-old with a 22 year-old Thai wife which they picked up in a bar after too many Changs?

I joined ThaiVisa years ago to hopefully learn some of the pitfalls of visiting here regularly.  Now that I spend 90% of my time here, and in light of some of the posts today, it seems more and more that certain fora (forums) are becoming an outlet for bigots.

I took me a month before she would talk to me, two weeks to have dinner with me.
I live in Phetchabun in *her* house which *she* paid to be built for her parents while she lived in Hong Kong and Taiwan for over 15 years working in IT, translation, and acrylics.
I drive *her* car which she bought with *her* money.  She owns a fair chunk of land; some of which others lease, some on which her family grows rice. Along with their own land,
No, their not Hi-So, white-skinned, Chinese-elite, they're basically hardworking people.  Their parents couldn't read or write.  All their children can.  One even went to university (here in Thailand, the name is about 30 letters long and starts, in English with an 'R') and worked in a non-manual position and, dutifully, sent cash home to the family from overseas.

I spend eleven months of the year here.  I'm 50, she's 45. She has a 24 year-old son.  So do I.  Her ill, elderly father (the reason she returned from HK) died in October 2016 - yes, I was here, I drove to the Phu Yai to tell him of the death - and her mother has Alzheimer's.  When her mother "goes away" it is the intention to go back to work.  Or study.  45 is a bit late for a career change but, hell, she wants to be a nurse...

I'm no cash-kwai, far from it.  

Excuse the text wall but, earlier, having some Soi-slider tell me that the reason she doesn't like Pattaya is because she's an ex- sex worker is abhorrent.

But I'm sure he feels better for it.

28 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Which is why I took exception to an earlier comment.  Why do people assume that every person on ThaiVisa is a 60+ year-old with a 22 year-old Thai wife which they picked up in a bar after too many Changs?

I joined ThaiVisa years ago to hopefully learn some of the pitfalls of visiting here regularly.  Now that I spend 90% of my time here, and in light of some of the posts today, it seems more and more that certain fora (forums) are becoming an outlet for bigots.

I took me a month before she would talk to me, two weeks to have dinner with me.
I live in Phetchabun in *her* house which *she* paid to be built for her parents while she lived in Hong Kong and Taiwan for over 15 years working in IT, translation, and acrylics.
I drive *her* car which she bought with *her* money.  She owns a fair chunk of land; some of which others lease, some on which her family grows rice. Along with their own land,
No, their not Hi-So, white-skinned, Chinese-elite, they're basically hardworking people.  Their parents couldn't read or write.  All their children can.  One even went to university (here in Thailand, the name is about 30 letters long and starts, in English with an 'R') and worked in a non-manual position and, dutifully, sent cash home to the family from overseas.

I spend eleven months of the year here.  I'm 50, she's 45. She has a 24 year-old son.  So do I.  Her ill, elderly father (the reason she returned from HK) died in October 2016 - yes, I was here, I drove to the Phu Yai to tell him of the death - and her mother has Alzheimer's.  When her mother "goes away" it is the intention to go back to work.  Or study.  45 is a bit late for a career change but, hell, she wants to be a nurse...

I'm no cash-kwai, far from it.  

Excuse the text wall but, earlier, having some Soi-slider tell me that the reason she doesn't like Pattaya is because she's an ex- sex worker is abhorrent.

But I'm sure he feels better for it.

congratulations thats all very nice. nothing at all wrong with not having financed everything for her. respect.

big wave surfer mark foo once said "if you want the ultimate thrill you got to be willing to pay the ultimate price" .  marriage my man, you paid the ultimate price figuratively at least

5 hours ago, The Oracle said:

What?  Now she's an ex-  sex worker?

Look at the first word of the post T.O....."Possibly" .. I haven't lived here to long, February will be just 19 years but I have learnt--(the hard way)-- never to rule out anything....Maybe (Possibly) she is just  an over reactor (drama queen) ask your self.. would you be horrified to just walk through a gay area or pop into a gay bar...because everyone around may say your gay,   silly statement isn't it....Pattaya is the biggest beach resort for Bangkokian's, many years ago I used to rent a condo that sat three quarters empty, until every long week-end came around...then full of mothers /wives/daughters.....who did not seem to think they would be mistaken for sex workers---

People in relationships always assume they know someone--but to quote Levin--: "You don't know me. You know one me, just like I know one you"

17 minutes ago, atyclb said:

congratulations thats all very nice. nothing at all wrong with not having financed everything for her. respect.

big wave surfer mark foo once said "if you want the ultimate thrill you got to be willing to pay the ultimate price" .  marriage my man, you paid the ultimate price figuratively at least

Oh, for the Love. Of. God.  I'm not married to her.
I went through my divorce and property settlement from my (Australian) wife over the phone here (in Thailand, in this house) in September 2016.
I'm not marrying again.
That's discussed.  Sorted.  We're too old for that s^&^t

And, even in this forum, I don't mind saying I had a vasectomy twenty years ago.

21 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Look at the first word of the post T.O....."Possibly" .. I haven't lived here to long, February will be just 19 years but I have learnt--(the hard way)-- never to rule out anything....Maybe (Possibly) she is just  an over reactor (drama queen) ask your self.. would you be horrified to just walk through a gay area or pop into a gay bar...because everyone around may say your gay,   silly statement isn't it....Pattaya is the biggest beach resort for Bangkokian's, many years ago I used to rent a condo that sat three quarters empty, until every long week-end came around...then full of mothers /wives/daughters.....who did not seem to think they would be mistaken for sex workers---

People in relationships always assume they know someone--but to quote Levin--: "You don't know me. You know one me, just like I know one you"

But were the mothers/wives/daughters walking around with foreigners? Alone?

26 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

Oh, for the Love. Of. God.  I'm not married to her.
I went through my divorce and property settlement from my (Australian) wife over the phone here (in Thailand, in this house) in September 2016.
I'm not marrying again.
That's discussed.  Sorted.  We're too old for that s^&^t

And, even in this forum, I don't mind saying I had a vasectomy twenty years ago.

cool, freedom to come and go

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

cool, freedom to come and go

As our American friends would say, "Damn straight"

Yeah, she's asset rich, cash seasonal.  I don't care.  I'm asset poor, cash (pfft) continual.

<deleted>, we're more landlady/tenant.

IT WORKS

I'm one of those people who think the vast majority of foreigners who become involved with Thai women met them through one entertainment venue or another, be it be freelance, casual, or professional, and I'm not going to be cowed into disavowing this observation.

Of course I understand that a traditional courtship is possible, and I'm not saying I don't believe any of the accounts I've read on TVF,  but based on what I've observed over 30 years of coming to Thailand, and almost 15 years of living here, I think those types of relationships are as scarce as hen's teeth.

On TVF you can present the circumstances of how you met your significant other in any manner you choose and no one can challenge what you say because it's an anonymous forum. On TVF you can present your wife as fashion model gorgeous, highly educated, absolutely fluent in English, independently wealthy, and happily supporting her average looking and impoverished foreign husband in a grand style and no one's the wiser.

But in real life it's a little harder to gloss over the truth. In real life, "How did you meet your wife?" is more often than not a taboo question to be avoided, and when the question is impertinently posed, if some of these TVF-type yarns about how someone met their wife start getting spinned, the foreign husband's eyes are darting about and searching the listener's eyes to see if you're buying the same line of malarkey that Aunt Margaret politely pretends to believe when they visit the family back home. :whistling:

In short, my opinions are based on what I see and hear in real life, not what I read on TVF, and I'm not going to apologize for trusting my powers of observation.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

I'm one of those people who think the vast majority of foreigners who become involved with Thai women met them through one entertainment venue or another, be it be freelance, casual, or professional, and I'm not going to be cowed into disavowing this observation.

Of course I understand that a traditional courtship is possible, and I'm not saying I don't believe any of the accounts I've read on TVF,  but based on what I've observed over 30 years of coming to Thailand, and almost 15 years of living here, I think those types of relationships are as scarce as hen's teeth.

On TVF you can present the circumstances of how you met your significant other in any manner you choose and no one can challenge what you say because it's an anonymous forum. On TVF you can present your wife as fashion model gorgeous, highly educated, absolutely fluent in English, independently wealthy, and happily supporting her average looking and impoverished foreign husband in a grand style and no one's the wiser.

But in real life it's a little harder to gloss over the truth. In real life, "How did you meet your wife?" is more often than not a taboo question to be avoided, and when the question is impertinently posed, if some of these TVF-type yarns about how someone met their wife start getting spinned, the foreign husband's eyes are darting about and searching the listener's eyes to see if you're buying the same line of malarkey that Aunt Margaret politely pretends to believe when they visit the family back home. :whistling:

In short, my opinions are based on what I see and hear in real life, not what I read on TVF, and I'm not going to apologize for trusting my powers of observation.

The difference is, based on my 10 years of observation, based on the farang's age and why they are here.   Guys in the 25-40 age bracket who are here working in high paying jobs typically meet, date and marry Thai women they meet through work or work functions.   Only a small percentage of those guys end up being permanently attached to a bar girl, although some may enjoy the occasional interaction with them, purely out of convenience and 'being out with the lads'.

Guys who don't live and work here, but visit frequently, tend to just interact with bar girls and girls found on sites like ThaiFriendly.     

As for retirees, well depending on their age, disposable income and possibly other factors, may be able to find social outlets to meet hi-so women.  Except that whenever I've been to any hi-so social events there are rarely any of what I'd call older guys there, which leads me to believe that either there aren't many upper class elderly chaps in Bangkok, or if there are they are already happily attached and don't go out as much.    

24 minutes ago, seancbk said:

The difference is, based on my 10 years of observation, based on the farang's age and why they are here.   Guys in the 25-40 age bracket who are here working in high paying jobs typically meet, date and marry Thai women they meet through work or work functions.   Only a small percentage of those guys end up being permanently attached to a bar girl, although some may enjoy the occasional interaction with them, purely out of convenience and 'being out with the lads'.

Guys who don't live and work here, but visit frequently, tend to just interact with bar girls and girls found on sites like ThaiFriendly.     

As for retirees, well depending on their age, disposable income and possibly other factors, may be able to find social outlets to meet hi-so women.  Except that whenever I've been to any hi-so social events there are rarely any of what I'd call older guys there, which leads me to believe that either there aren't many upper class elderly chaps in Bangkok, or if there are they are already happily attached and don't go out as much.    

I remain skeptical about claims that workplace romances are a main driver behind foreign guy - Thai women relationships. First off, of all the foreign men in Thailand, what percentage fall into a age 25-40 working in Thailand demographic? I'd argue that the percentage is very small. Yes, people hook up in an office setting, but given that the majority of foreign men working here are here on a temporary or non-permanent basis, and that the same inhibitions about getting involved with co-workers exist here as they do back home, language barriers, limited off-hours free time, etc., I have my doubts about how often this is happening in real life.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Guys in the 25-40 age bracket who are here working in high paying jobs typically meet, date and marry Thai women they meet through work or work functions

and what % of the guys in that demographic find thai gals drab and uninteresting regardless of social status-education? 

3 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Meh

Cute but distinctly bread and butter compared to the women to be seen around places like Thonglor and Ekkamai of an evening.

But not available to Farangs. And anyway: if they out unaconanied they are freelance whores just Hi So freelance whores who operate ina diiferent way to Bar Girls. More hypocrisy, self denial and less duties for the family.

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

if they out unaconanied they are freelance whores just Hi So freelance whores who operate ina diiferent way to Bar Girls. 

With that kind of opinion, shouldn't you be fighting the jihad for Islamic State in a sandpit somewhere?

Archived