Thai women going from farang back to Thai men?

dfdgfdfdgs

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

See that's the thing, Richard, I have spent plenty of time in Siam Square, Paragon Mall and in other malls around the city, and I DON'T see couples that fit your idylic description. Why I don't is a legitimate question, don't you think?

What I DO see are guys who think that just because their former bar girl wives are walking around in Laura Ashley summer dresses, Jimmy Choo shoes, and hoisting Gucci handbags that that gives them the right to look down on other foreign guy -Thai woman couples. Or guys that think that because their former bar girl wife has spent so much time abroad that all vestiges of her past have been erased and this makes them better than everyone else. Or that because they are with a woman closer to him in age that this insulates them from suspicion that his wife was a former bar girl. (FYI, there are plenty of older women working in bars).

I really get a chuckle out of guys who think the only prostitutes in Thailand fit the stereotype of a profane, tattooed woman, wobbling around on stilleto heels, diamond stud in her navel, expert at playing ping pong without a paddle. While you do on occasion see such women on the arm of guys as they drunkenly stagger back to a short-time hotel late at night, speaking as a 15 year veteran of living in rural Thailand, these women are only rarely seen as marriage material by the vast majority of men.

The truth is that there is so much casual prostitution here: university students, factory workers, office workers and professionals who decide to earn a little money on the weekends or after work, that I suspect that many of these guys bursting with moral rectitude and superiority, who love to speak with such scorn about bargirls as if they were a subhuman form of life, would go into catatonic shock were the truth about some of the women they see as the Virgin Mary, St Theresa, or the proverbial 'girl-next-door' ever to be revealed to them.

You seem to think that all Thai women are prostitutes. 

If you met a western girl of say 35, who worked in an investment bank in HK or Singapore and you found out she took a different guy home at least twice a week for sex, would you view her as a prostitute or just as a nice, well educated girl who liked to have fun?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, seancbk said:

If you met a western girl of say 35, who worked in an investment bank in HK or Singapore  ........

Too old for me, don't care about her education, earnings ability or social status.

Past her best fertile years, so no thanks but we can still be friends.

Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

Too old for me, don't care about her education, earnings ability or social status.

Past her best fertile years, so no thanks.

I'm utterly convinced she'd be beside herself with disappointment at missing such a catch.

LOL

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

I'm utterly convinced she'd be beside herself with disappointment at missing such a catch.

LOL

Her thoughts would be entirely irrelevant to me.

But I'm sure you'd be desperate for a go.

12 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:
13 hours ago, seancbk said:

If you met a western girl of say 35, who worked in an investment bank in HK or Singapore  ........

Past her best fertile years, so no thanks but we can still be friends.

I thought you were past caring if someone was fertile?   You're not planning on getting her pregnant are you?

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

I thought you were past caring if someone was fertile?   You're not planning on getting her pregnant are you?

really what has age got to do with it  If you get on well and feel comfortable and are happy with each other would that not be more important than how much sex you can get

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

I wouldn't mind another child or two.

But I also worry about my immortal soul a little bit.

5 hours ago, seancbk said:

The guy's like mid 60s I think.

He doubts a 35 year old woman's fertility but his battered swimmers definitely won't be much cop now either

To

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I see your point from the view point of being judgmental against others, no one really has that right... 

Which is kind of my point when identifying that there are numerous genuine relationships of equality around us and not drawing the assumption that everyone is full of it. 

It it would appear that your view of others is somewhat slanted towards a negative stereotype that Westerners can only achieve an ex-ho dressed up. I get your point, there certainly is a lot of that around... but there is also a lot of what I’ve been describing (equal relationships) around too... 

None of this makes anyone better or worse than anyone else. My points on this thread have always been in contrast to the theory voiced by some that Western Gus cannot date a Thai lady from similar Socio-economic-educational backgrounds... we can and we are, it’s all around us - if you can’t see that then perhaps your negative bias prevents you from seeing what are perfectly normal relationships around you. 

Here's what I think, my manifesto, if you will.

I don't see myself as being judgemental at all. I just react poorly to people who look down on other people on anonymous forums. I have expressed doubts about some of the claims made on TVF from guys claiming to mingle with the upper crusts of Thai society mainly because I plain and simply see so little evidence of it. Not because I refuse to acknowledge the possibility, but because of the scant amount of supporting evidence to the contrary.

I believe that the majority of Thai women from all social strata tend to consider foreign men as marriage partners primarily in terms of the economic benefits which can be obtained from the relationship.  I think that the notion that a large number of Thai women are dissatisfied with Thai men or see foreign men as superior life partners or that foreign men treat women better, or that they are all dying to have Eurasian offspring is hugely exaggerated. All things being equal, I think foreign men are seen as less attractive to Thai men because they are not native Thai speakers, not Buddhist, in short, not Thai.

I believe that there is a social stigma in Thai culture that Thai women who become involved with foreign men are usually from the lower classes, oftentimes working in the sex industry, and that this stigma only grows stronger the higher the social strata you are talking about. I think that the higher up the social strata, the stronger the influence of Chinese culture meaning that there is more parental influence in the selection of  marriage partners and pressure to view marriage as part of a business dynasty, both factors which would tend to inhibit Thai and foreign inter-marriage in the upper stratas.  I also believe that an attractive financially successful Thai woman would enjoy quite a lot of romantic interest from equally attractive and financially successful Thai men.

In answer to the question of whether I see all Thai women as prostitutes, the answer is an emphatic, 'No.'  But when you talk about prostitution in today's world, including in Thailand,  it really is a matter of 50 shades of grey. My general definition of a prostitute is someone who makes financial benefit the primary or overriding factor in deciding whether to be in a sexual relationship with a person. I therefore do not believe that a woman who agrees to have sex with someone for 2-3,000 baht a go is necessarily the moral inferior to say a "founder hounder" in Silicon Valley, which is the monniker given to women who target venture capitalists and high-tech startup founders in the hopes of winning a marriage proposal from them. Yes, the bar girl may have more sexual mileage on them, but from a moral and character standpoint, I frankly don't see that much difference between them, in fact I think an argument could be made that the bar girl is more honest in terms of being upfront about the exchange of goods and services.

There is so much casual prostitution, and such a pervasive attitude that foreign men primarily present an opportunity for financial advancement, that I've pretty much given up trying to put people in various good girl/bad girl categories. For example, is a Chonburi university pharmacy co-ed who goes down to Pattaya (or for that matter, haunts the Pacific City Club Bangkok) on weekends in the hopes of finding a comparatively wealthy foreign boyfriend an undergraduate student or a prostitute? I do wonder whether some of the men on these forums realize that these grey areas even exist, or if they think that as long as they're not sitting on a barstool in Nana Plaza the coast is clear.  I think you really have to be able to talk to and know people over time in order to fully appreciate this, and I have my doubts whether some of those who hold themselves out as a moral "cut above the others" even recognize this.

10 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

really what has age got to do with it  If you get on well and feel comfortable and are happy with each other would that not be more important than how much sex you can get

Matters a lot to the average 30 to 40 year old, maybe slightly less for the average 50 year old and I can't speak for anyone over 55 as I don't have any friends older than that.

Although if all that you want is companionship then maybe a farang male housemate would make more sense than a Thai woman.

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm only 62, plenty of time left to produce a few more kids.

Aside from the fact there are far too many people already, does it not bother you that statistically unless you (and your kids) are very lucky you will leave them fatherless before they are adults.   I hope you are rich enough to leave them plenty of money if that is the case.

14 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Aside from the fact there are far too many people already, does it not bother you that statistically unless you (and your kids) are very lucky you will leave them fatherless before they are adults.   I hope you are rich enough to leave them plenty of money if that is the case.

First, one would need to know why you think there are too many people already?

There's plenty of resources and food, but people need money to buy them because farmers and manufacturers don't work for free (and never will). The problem being white liberals encourage the worthless to breed, and the worthwhile to abort.

Second, one would have to ask, why do you think anyone needs a father? the western governments and court system don't appear to think children need a father, the western world is full of single mothers where dad doesn't get to see the children, whether he wants to or not. One in 200 people in the world is related to Genghis Khan, and he certainly didn't stick around to raise most of his children.

Third, the white race is dying out because (enough) white women refuse to have (enough) children with white men, so unless you are a believer that the world doesn't need white people any more (a shame because white people invented everything in our current civilization), the more we can make the better the future will be.

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

Not much fun for the kids tho  is it? 

You'll be older than the grandparents of most of their peers.... 

The kids aren't bothered, about half the kids in school are being raised by grandparents, entirely normal in Thailand. My 'stepdaughter' (she was 12, and I was 53 when I found her) is completely happy to have someone to call dad and care for her, no matter what my age, because before I turned up, she was just passed around distant relatives who just wanted rid of her.

You obviously don't mix much with the locals.

6 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

First, one would need to know why you think there are too many people already?

There's plenty of resources and food, but people need money to buy them because farmers and manufacturers don't work for free (and never will). The problem being white liberals encourage the worthless to breed, and the worthwhile to abort.

Second, one would have to ask, why do you think anyone needs a father? the western governments and court system don't appear to think children need a father, the western world is full of single mothers where dad doesn't get to see the children, whether he wants to or not. One in 200 people in the world is related to Genghis Khan, and he certainly didn't stick around to raise most of his children.

Third, the white race is dying out because (enough) white women refuse to have (enough) children with white men, so unless you are a believer that the world doesn't need white people any more (a shame because white people invented everything in our current civilization), the more we can make the better the future will be.

I'm of the opinion there are too many people based on how much more crowded it is everywhere compared to even 5 years ago.  Based on how many people worldwide are out of work and based on how much bigger cities have become in the past 10-20 years.   

Maybe some people don't need a father, but I'd like to think those people that have one would not be happy to have him drop dead while they were still children.   

Your last point is so racist I don't know where to begin.   It's also completely false.  White people did not 'invent everything' in our current civilisation.  

Don't worry though, white people won't die out anytime soon (and who cares what happens after we are gone).   

19 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

The kids aren't bothered, about half the kids in school are being raised by grandparents, entirely normal in Thailand. My 'stepdaughter' (she was 12, and I was 53 when I found her) is completely happy to have someone to call dad and care for her, no matter what my age, because before I turned up, she was just passed around distant relatives who just wanted rid of her.

You obviously don't mix much with the locals.

You would still  be a social misfit even if you were the same age as the other Thai parents who are probably in their 20s or 30's..... 

Just because your dick still works doesn't mean you should have "a few more children" tbh 

You obviously spend little time thinking about anyone except yourself

You should probably go with the other guy to big C.... They have ladyboys for 300thb  and it's not far too hospital when you guys have a heart attack... :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

You should probably go with the other guy to big C.... They have ladyboys for 300thb  and it's not far too hospital when you guys have a heart attack... :thumbsup:

I suspect I'm immune to heart attacks, at 62 and running, hiking, cycling most days, if I'd been susceptible, it would have happened by now. Don't have much use for LBs, but aren't bothered by them either.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

I'm of the opinion there are too many people based on how much more crowded it is everywhere compared to even 5 years ago.  Based on how many people worldwide are out of work and based on how much bigger cities have become in the past 10-20 years.    

Thailand mostly empty, Laos even more empty, China nearly deserted outside the big cities, Philippines even less people.

I guess if you only hang out in the cities the world may seem crowded, but I get about a fair bit and can't believe how empty most of the place is.

You want to talk about people out of work, get rid of welfare, they'll soon find work, or die, I'm OK with either way. Worthless people, why keep them alive, get rid and let the worthwhile breed more.

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:
5 hours ago, seancbk said:

Thailand mostly empty, Laos even more empty, China nearly deserted outside the big cities, Philippines even less people.

I guess if you only hang out in the cities the world may seem crowded, but I get about a fair bit and can't believe how empty most of the place is.

You want to talk about people out of work, get rid of welfare, they'll soon find work, or die, I'm OK with either way. Worthless people, why keep them alive, get rid and let the worthwhile breed more.

Thailand empty?  Yes if you want to live out in the boonies.   But I and many other people want to live in ultra modern cities with great shopping malls, lots of different restaurants and lots of entertainment options.   Problem is there are too many people coming to the cities.   Perhaps we need a way to limit who can live in the prime areas.  

8 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Thailand empty?  Yes if you want to live out in the boonies.   But I and many other people want to live in ultra modern cities with great shopping malls, lots of different restaurants and lots of entertainment options.   Problem is there are too many people coming to the cities.   Perhaps we need a way to limit who can live in the prime areas.  

It's already limited 

They call it "real estate price" :smile:

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:
2 hours ago, seancbk said:

It's already limited 

They call it "real estate price" :smile:

:-)   Yes, good point.   

9 hours ago, seancbk said:

I live 10Km from the center of CM, debatably the second largest city in Thailand, jungle and mountains all around.

From my bedroom window, it doesn't look all that crowded.

IMG_20161109_104732_PANOa.jpg

14 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I live 10Km from the center of CM, debatably the second largest city in Thailand, jungle and mountains all around.

From my bedroom window, it doesn't look all that crowded.

IMG_20161109_104732_PANOa.jpg

I'll take living in Bangkok over that any day.   

Archived