Phuket survives New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day with no road-accident deaths

webfact

Phuket survives New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day with no road-accident deaths

The Phuket News

1514864308_1-org.jpg

A man prepares to engage Phuket traffic without a helmet, against the flow of traffic, north of Phuket Town, just two weeks ago. Photo: The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket recorded zero deaths for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, the Phuket office of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM-Phuket) reported this morning (Jan 2).

Over the two main days of the New Year holidays, 14 people were injured in 13 accidents in Phuket, the DDPM reported.

New Year’s Eve, which was Day 3 of the Seven Days of Danger road-safety campaign for the New Year, saw six accidents with seven people injured. Most accidents involved alcohol and injuries arising from motorbike riders not wearing helmets.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-survives-new-year-eve-new-year-day-with-no-road-accident-deaths-65371.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-02

7 minutes ago, keeniau96 said:

Went to Central at noon, driving from Kathu. Had very many cops lining the major road junctions, everything moving smoothly. But this large disposition was gone an hour later, might have been some VIP visit.

That would be the one that has been going on for 4 days but nothing in the news as it was a private visit. Roads have been getting cleared every day. I actually feel sorry for the cops for a change, they have been near me and turn up about 3 hours before the convoy, which sweeps past in about a minute.

Edited by Psimbo

42 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

That would be the one that has been going on for 4 days but nothing in the news as it was a private visit. Roads have been getting cleared every day. I actually feel sorry for the cops for a change, they have been near me and turn up about 3 hours before the convoy, which sweeps past in about a minute.

These cops get paid no overtime. My wife's nephew was a cop in Hua Hin and they had turn out to line the road at all times night and day many days of the year. Some of the royals like to late night party. He got fed up he transferred to Immigration.  

Happman 58, I agree totally, but only the lawyers, and politicians, and such

are paid well. Too bad corruptiuon is so wide spread around the world, but if

the police force were well paid and the bad ones were fired, things may

improve, I do not see that happening anytime soon, especially when the top

positions are just as corrupt as the rest.

Geezer