TM30's still causing issues ?

LivinLOS

20 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

What if you leave the country and come back to the same address in Thailand, less than 24 hours after you left?

You have to register again as you have left the country and duration out doesn't change anything. If you have already registered you have 7 days, first timers 24hours

On 1/11/2018 at 10:40 PM, CMBob said:

Presuming an original TM30 has been filed for you for that address, then it's required that you update it when you return from outside of Thailand.  All they need is your passport (hopefully with the TM30 Receipt of Notice stapled in the back).  They'll enter a couple of things in their computer (I'm guessing it's mainly your return date and perhaps your new departure card number) along with the date of the updating.  They'll stamp your TM30 Receipt of Notice with a new date stamp (with or without a red circular stamp).  

As noted some time ago, a couple of officers have told me that doing the update within 4-5 days after returning (versus the statutory 24 hours) is acceptable....I've updated 2-4 days after returning to the country without any comment or problem.

Someone mentioned, I think, that they do not keep track of you and/or your address on their computer.  I disagree given when I have updated a couple of times they've mentioned my address and asked if that's still where I live (the answer on my part was correctly "yes"....and I presume they would have required a new original TM30 if I was returning to a different address).  

In country hotels, guesthouses, etc., take a copy of your passport photo page as they have to report the presence of foreigners within 24 hours.  They do it online and I believe Immigration can see those reports when handling the updating of someone's TM30 (and, so far, it seems they don't require any action or updating if one is just touring within Thailand). 

This is the correct information ( for Chiangmai Immig. at present).   There are so many other posts...

choose which one you like best.

Doing my 90 report at Jomtien the other day I was given a TM30 also when I requested a TM7 form for my annual retirement extension due in early April,this confused me at first.....however since then I have looked at the requirements regarding the TM30 reporting and it appears I have no need to fill this in as since I have done numerous 90 day reports relating to extension of stays for retirement purposes AND never left the country/changed my accommodation address then it is not necessary as Immigration already have my details on file......can someone more informed confirm this please?

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

Doing my 90 report at Jomtien the other day I was given a TM30 also when I requested a TM7 form for my annual retirement extension due in early April,this confused me at first.....however since then I have looked at the requirements regarding the TM30 reporting and it appears I have no need to fill this in as since I have done numerous 90 day reports relating to extension of stays for retirement purposes AND never left the country/changed my accommodation address then it is not necessary as Immigration already have my details on file......can someone more informed confirm this please?

Rules in Chiang Mai are interpreted differently to those elsewhere but the general consensus is that the TM30 only needs resubmitting after returning from a trip outside of the Kingdom.

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

In Chiang Mai, doing 90 day reports properly does not eliminate the need for the completion of the TM30.   They are both required inspite of the apparent overlap of information.

7 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Rules in Chiang Mai are interpreted differently to those elsewhere but the general consensus is that the TM30 only needs resubmitting after returning from a trip outside of the Kingdom.

A video I watched via the Pattaya News website on behalf of Jomtien Immigration confirms this....:thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

From my experience yesterday (in CM), they don't care about it if you are on a tourist visa, only if you are applying for an extension of (or conversion to) a non-immigrant visa. What I was basically told was that I didn't need to do it several months ago because I was on a tourist visa but now that I am converting to a non-immigrant visa, I did need to do it several months ago!

1 hour ago, balo said:

Never  did any TM 30 after 7 years here. Travelled to Vietnam in December, reported my 90 day in January , nothing happened. 

Its if you need to do an extension or have other interactions with official immigration services.. Thats when they can fine you. 

If I wanted a official free residence paper I would have the fine, if I pay the 500b guy, its not needed. 

Never  did any TM 30 after 7 years here. Travelled to Vietnam in December, reported my 90 day in January , nothing happened. 

Why would you do your 90 day report  in January, if you returned in December -- even if we're talking returning Dec 1st and reporting Jan 31st, that's only 62 days?

Why would you do your 90 day report  in January, if you returned in December -- even if we're talking returning Dec 1st and reporting Jan 31st, that's only 62 days?

What are you talking about , my visa is good for 1 year, I paid 1000 baht for re-entry and did my 90 day report as normal.

What are you talking about , my visa is good for 1 year, I paid 1000 baht for re-entry and did my 90 day report as normal.

No, you did your 90 day report as abnormal. Certainly, after 12,000 posts, you've heard about the 90 day clock restarting upon re-entering Thailand; thus, you're no longer in the 90-days-from-last-report cycle. As such, your new 90 day cycle began when you returned from Vietnam. Immigration apparently doesn't care if you want to report early -- their only concern is for those who report late.

10 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Then you will have a new Arrival/Departure card number, and your landlord needs to resubmit your TM30 form.

Or somebody can take the Passport to Immigration and they will stamp the old TM30 receipt with a new date and update their computer.  Easier?

Edited by Dante99

^^^ Aftrer reentering the country you do not need to resubmit a new TM30... No need to involve the landlord either... just take your passport to the Prom Immigration one stop upstairs and they will update the arrival card info and re stamp the original TM30 receipt... I just did that after retiring from Xmas... took 5 minutes (no line as it was a Thursday afternoon) - Technically you should do this within 24hrs...

Edited by sfokevin