change of car ownership

Maybole

I am buying a secondhand car from a family member. I know that to transfer ownership, I wll need a proof of address for the Provinial Land Transport Office in Hang Dong. I recall a post some time ago, (about two years) informing that the PLTO acepted a Driving Licence as such proof. I cannot find this post now. bearing in mind that it may be out of date information, has any body recently used a DL in this way ? If so How recently ? I am reluctant to go to the Immigration, the last Certificate of Address I got took five weeks to process.

Driving License doesnt verify address for that (tho years ago I used my expired driving license, to get a free residence paper, to get a new driving license !! go figure !!). 

The 4 'always' things are 

Residence paper from immigration (500b express or couple of months free). 

Residence proof from embassy / consul. 

Work permit.

Yellow house book. 

I have heard of the pink ID card working, but you need the yellow book to get that so thats sort of doubling up. 

Out of curiousity can anybody tell me how to sell a car that the owner has died?

My FIL died in November and he left a pickup truck.

There are my wife and 3 brothers in his immediate family and it will probably go to one of them but if they want to sell it outside the family how can they do it legally?

When that happens you use the death certificate to transfer to next of kin.. If theres a will, that can be used to redirect if from next of kin to another party but otherwise it needs to go to them first, and onwards. 

I have no idea how formal they would be about that these days, back when I had to do it, they were pretty understanding that someone had died and 'someone' would inherit it.. But things were a lot less rule based back then. 

4 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

When that happens you use the death certificate to transfer to next of kin.. If theres a will, that can be used to redirect if from next of kin to another party but otherwise it needs to go to them first, and onwards. 

I have no idea how formal they would be about that these days, back when I had to do it, they were pretty understanding that someone had died and 'someone' would inherit it.. But things were a lot less rule based back then. 

Thank you for the info.

I assume the same would apply to my motorbike and our pickup truck when I die out here in rural Khampaeng Phet.

My FIL died in Bang Na, BKK and AFAIR the DLT for his area should be on Sukhumvit 62.

I will see what info I can prise out of my wife as the pickup will need to be taxed this year and I personally have no idea where the blue book is.