Video: "Drunk" cop weaving all over the road sets the example for drink driving campaign!

webfact

Video: "Drunk" cop weaving all over the road sets the example for drink driving campaign!

7pm.jpg

Picture: Penkao

Comment was rife online as a video of a motorcyclist who appeared to be a policeman went viral.

The apparent cop was caught on dash cam weaving all over a road leading to Bang Na in Bangkok.

He goes left, he goes right, he nearly comes off - much to the amusement of the dash cam video poster who announces the plate number as 1 กน (gor nor) 6276.

Some commented online that with driving like that he was unlikely to get home.

Penkhao commented on the story after the post to a fan page by "Jedsadapron Natiput" claiming the footage was from January 1st.

The news media posed the rather rhetorical question whether such driving was good for the image of the police who were conducting a serious anti drink driving campaign during the "seven deadly days of New Year".

Thaivisa cautions however that the footage bears a resemblance to some posted many months back and may be old news dragged up to embarrass the police at a sensitive time.

This possibility was not mentioned by Penkhao in their report.

Source:  Penkhao

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-03

6 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

Old video. Been going around for a few months.

I reckon so, too. Although knowing Plod it could just be the same guy having a Groundhog Day on the same road, at the same time, etc... They do like their drink while in full uniform  . . . .  :smile:

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

I wonder if he made it to his house unscathed?

That's about the worst case I can recall of seeing a drunk driver and I've seen a lot of such videos on youtube.

Yeah, right! He should be given a medal for that stunt trick.

6 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Imagine you would attempt to pass this idiot, he crashes into your car while swirling, smashing his bike and salad leaf helmet. Who do you think would be blamed for the carnage?

Dash cam, a farang must have.

....... to embarrass the police at a sensitive time!

Just made my day; you have not understood but all the time is a sensitive time to embarrass anything official in 
Thailand - hence just go ahead; irrespective of old or new; an official is not doing the job he/she swore to perform with full diligence infront of pictures and flags of this country!

Go figure the "sensitive time" element again!