Prayut asks UK to confirm Yingluck’s location

webfact

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter. How you judge a regime or a  politician often depends on how you benefit or not, on your point of view.

I can’t recall any regime or government in living memory in Thailand that the majority were not glad to see the back of, and I don’t see the pattern changing anytime soon.

Why should the UK entertain Thailand ? After all the country is a joke !

If she committed crime, then putting out an international warrant for her arrest would have sufficed.

But they didn't, so really Thailand should start getting it's act together, and behave like an adult!

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Only that wouldn't happen, except maybe in your dreams.

The crime for which she has been duly convicted and sentenced, and chose to flee, has to be a crime in the country where the fugitive now resides for that country to consider extradition. 

Won't get past that hurdle so no laser sharp very expensive British QC expounding Yingluck's profound innocence in court hearings, appeals and the Supreme Court.

But the cat and mouse show for internal consumption, the ludicrous and meaningless sabre rattling, will continue. None of which will remotely effect the billionaire Yingluck who can enjoy the high assets of her billionaire brother.

Wonder if she sent her former Commerce Minister a New Year card?

In the meantime the Junta will sail on totally oblivious to how dysfunctional the pantomime comments make them look.

I agree with most of this.It would be good if the lies, hypocrisy, criminality and arrogance of the regime were exposed in a British court - but it won't happen.If you failed to understand I was invoking an entirely hypothetical (though pleasant to contemplate) scenario, it is a pity but possibly not very surprising.The Junta don't want an open court investigation in the UK for reasons I would have thought were obvious.Where I might dissent slightly is the suggestion that the Junta is insensible to external opinion.

Don't forget as well that the PM General thinks of himself as a politician, and may

be getting to run in the next Demo election.  Maybe he wants people to believe that

he wants Ms and Mr exleaders to be located, so they can contribute to his campagne

so his future favors, may favor them as well. Just my thinking of course

Geezer

On 1/4/2018 at 10:28 AM, JAG said:

You eulogize endlessly a regime which took power by force, and then, because I (and it would seem many others) find your stance and outpourings risible, you whimper about personal insults!  

Pathetic. Like your idols, you get a cob on if anyone dares to criticise you. 

Yes this regime took power by force, it was an unfortunate necessity at the time as the politicians were all acting like spoiled children, unfortunately what should have been a temporary interference with the democratic process has now become a fixture in its own right. The military is no good at governing anywhere, it isn't their brief and all this talk of elections is just hogwash, the military will remain a crowbar jamming the gearwheels of democratic rule behind the scenes for many years to come. The sticking plaster should be removed when the cut has healed, to say that there is still underlying pressure in society is no reason to keep the door locked, dissatisfaction and counter arguments are normal in a democracy, open argument relieves the pressure. Prayut is making a pressure cooker out of a normal process.  

Yes this regime took power by force, it was an unfortunate necessity at the time as the politicians were all acting like spoiled children, unfortunately what should have been a temporary interference with the democratic process has now become a fixture in its own right. The military is no good at governing anywhere, it isn't their brief and all this talk of elections is just hogwash, the military will remain a crowbar jamming the gearwheels of democratic rule behind the scenes for many years to come. The sticking plaster should be removed when the cut has healed, to say that there is still underlying pressure in society is no reason to keep the door locked, dissatisfaction and counter arguments are normal in a democracy, open argument relieves the pressure. Prayut is making a pressure cooker out of a normal process.  

It was not an unfortunate necessity.The military was part and parcel of the conspiracy to create circumstances where a coup could be “justified “.In short the military was not a non partisan third party bringing calm to squabbling politicians.It was firmly committed to one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

It was not an unfortunate necessity.The military was part and parcel of the conspiracy to create circumstances where a coup could be “justified “.In short the military was not a non partisan third party bringing calm to squabbling politicians.It was firmly committed to one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If they did that to get rid of Thai rak Thai then it was short sighted and doomed to failure. We don't know what is really happening, what you have written is merely a logical assumption, albeit fraught with danger for the perpetrators, it could have gone badly wrong and then Prayut would be in Dubai as well, do you think he has that much courage?

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

If they did that to get rid of Thai rak Thai then it was short sighted and doomed to failure. We don't know what is really happening, what you have written is merely a logical assumption, albeit fraught with danger for the perpetrators, it could have gone badly wrong and then Prayut would be in Dubai as well, do you think he has that much courage?

I don't accept there was any  risk for Prayuth at all.He was in close co-ordination with Suthep throughout the street protests, while the judicial system and feudal elements shared their anti democracy agenda.The mainly Sino Thai urban middle class was either overtly supportive or non objecting.

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I don't accept there was any  risk for Prayuth at all.He was in close co-ordination with Suthep throughout the street protests, while the judicial system and feudal elements shared their anti democracy agenda.The mainly Sino Thai urban middle class was either overtly supportive or non objecting.

Non objecting until it goes wrong, it didn't, yet, but it still could go wrong which is why Prayut is scared of an election and doesn't like political gatherings, the fat lady is still singing and the North-East are still favourable to TRT. The Tzar and Louise the 14th didn't see it coming either. 

17 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Non objecting until it goes wrong, it didn't, yet, but it still could go wrong which is why Prayut is scared of an election and doesn't like political gatherings, the fat lady is still singing and the North-East are still favourable to TRT. The Tzar and Louise the 14th didn't see it coming either. 

Don't see it.He's just controlling the agenda and is quite adept at limiting or eliminating factors which can go wrong.I don't think he's particularly worried about the election because whatever its outcome he will hold most of the cards.Remember he won his constitution referendum and thinks that gives him legitimacy (which it does to some extent).The cataclysm you refer to might be possible in the event of an economic collapse - but no sign of that or some internal military conflict - no real sign of that either.

THink they will find in the UK People, have privacy and Human rights right or wrong, If the Lady has not Committed any crime in the UK and is not British Not The Government's problem, Unless they are terrorist , then they would be given a Council house and Money, Then Bring their Family across then plot to kill us. 

And why should UK assist a military Ruler who illegally took control of a country? Prayut still thinks his "government" is legitimate and that other countries should see the same. Hope UK is not that stupid.

Sent lovingly from my S8.

1 hour ago, jerojero said:

And why should UK assist a military Ruler who illegally took control of a country? Prayut still thinks his "government" is legitimate and that other countries should see the same. Hope UK is not that stupid.

Sent lovingly from my S8.

They Underhandedly or cleverly got rid of her Brother while he was out of Britain ,