• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 95

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

2. 7

Thailand Live Saturday 12 October 2024

3. 0

Man Drowns in Front of Sister While Searching for Shellfish in Surin Province

4. 1

Unlikely Justice for Victims of Novichok Poisoning, Says Former PM Theresa May

5. 47

Reasons of change

6. 141
    7. 63

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

8. 7

9. 0

Flash Flood Claims Lives of Two Tourists at Wang Lung Waterfall

10. 7

11. 0

Thai High-Risk Groups Urged to Get Covid-19 Boosters

12. 1

German Politician Calls for Ban on Greta Thunberg Over Pro-Palestinian Protest Involvement

13. 28

Famous Singer Tik Shiro Involved in Fatal Bangkok Car Accident, Two Dead

14. 75

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

15. 1

How to I get rid of this new left hand sidebar?

Jet grounds two senior pilots for fighting in cockpit of London-Mumbai flight

webfact

Jet grounds two senior pilots for fighting in cockpit of London-Mumbai flight

Saurabh Sinha|

jw.jpg

File photo used only for representation

NEW DELHI: Jet Airways has grounded two of its senior commanders for fighting inside the cockpit of a London-Mumbai flight on January 1. The commander flying as co-pilot allegedly slapped the lady commander mid-flight after which she left the cockpit in tears.

After great persuation, the lady pilot went back to the cockpit but reportedly came out in a huff shortly afterwards. This time, a frightened cabin crew, fearing for everyone's safety, requested her to go back to the controls and operate the flight to its destination. Luckily, the plane landed safely. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has suspended the licence of the male co-pilot and ordered a probe into the entire episode. 

This unprecedented cockpit fight happened on 9W 119 soon after Jet's Boeing 777 took off for its 9-hour journey to Mumbai with 324 passengers and 14 crew members on board on New Year's Day at 10am (UK time).

Full story: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/jet-grounds-two-senior-pilots-for-fighting-in-cockpit-of-london-mumbai-flight/articleshow/62354429.cms

-- THE TIMES OF INDIA 2018-01-05

Right, as if flying is not precarious already now days that we have to have 2 jackass fighting in the cockpit... sack the both of them, plenty of others who knows better than having a man-woman  squabble in mid flight...

what you have here is a typical Indian male not able to deal with a woman as a superior - this doesn't surprise me at all when you look at how women are generally treated in India 

I saw an interview with one of the scum who raped the young girl on a bus, he maintains it was his right as a male and would do the same again given the chance, he and many other Indian males believe they have some divine right to abuse women and young girls as they please.............seriously 

In 2013, almost 34,000 women were raped

over 13 percent—are under the age of 14 years. If you count all the women who are raped by the time they turn 18, that's almost 40 percent of the entire demographic of women rape survivors.

Worse, almost all of these women are raped by their neighbours, parents, a close family member or other relatives. Rapes in 15 out of India's 35 states and Union Territories are only committed by people known to the survivor.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Right, as if flying is not precarious already now days that we have to have 2 jackass fighting in the cockpit... sack the both of them, plenty of others who knows better than having a man-woman  squabble in mid flight...

I wouldn't sack the female at all, why ?

It seems to me she was physically assaulted by a male in the cockpit, what was she supposed to do ?, if there had been a 2nd co-pilot on the plane then maybe she could have had him restrained and flew the aircraft right back to London to have him arrested.

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Wrong.  Not two jackasses.  One.  The male.  

Serious, serious violation and the Indian authorities  better act fast if they don't want EU intervening because this is the kind of  idiocy that gets airlines banned and causes people to avoid the airline much as people  from the west and north Asia avoid Malaysian and Egypt Air now.

4 minutes ago, tompelli said:

I would have thought that a senior commander (regardless of gender)would have declared an in-flight emergency & returned to the point of origin? It will be interesting to read a transcript of the cabin voice data recorder.

I agree the women should have had a bit more authority and returned to London and have the guy arrested, safer than completing a 9 hour journey sitting next to a Jackass, I think they should both be suspended with a view to a sacking, him for assault and her for having no balls and crying, Passenger safety is Paramount and trumps everything

No details on what caused this altercation, but I always enjoy the Hang 'Em High Brigade's automatic, PC reaction.  It's like pulling the chord on the back of talking doll's head. 

When the roles are reversed, the reaction isn't as vitriolic, and it's OK to ask questions to find out what actually happened.  Which inevitably leads to a conclusion along the lines of, "Well, hitting anyone is wrong BUT, He was being a jerk, so he deserved what he got!"

I enjoy comedian Bill Burr's take on it.  Google>: There is NO "reason" to hit a woman...Right?

He leads the audience out onto the tight rope masterfully, challenging the paradigm built by feminists, resulting in 2 generations of emasculated male droids.  After they finish the laundry, ironing, cook dinner, and provide sperm in a test tube, the wife comes in and slaps them around a bit.  They take it because they are scared, self-loathing wussies, who've been convinced that they deserve it.  :laugh:

13 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

No details on what caused this altercation, but I always enjoy the Hang 'Em High Brigade's automatic, PC reaction.  It's like pulling the chord on the back of talking doll's head. 

Although this is nothing to do with being P.C., this about flight safety , the fact that they were different sexes is a side issue .

I do feel that you are just using this story to be anti PC , when, theres really no need in this instance .

52 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although this is nothing to do with being P.C., this about flight safety , the fact that they were different sexes is a side issue .

I do feel that you are just using this story to be anti PC , when, theres really no need in this instance .

Couldn't agree more.  Aviation Safety trumps all, and is an effective, alternate way to squelch obvious but uncomfortable question.

Of course you're right on that last bit.  I should have gone further to soften the observation by regurgitating an acceptable preface.  I wouldn't want anyone jumping to the conclusion that the end result (her getting smacked) is justified in any way. 

But maybe it was?

After all, as the Brigade mentions above, these are Indians, and worse, an Indian male...... and everyone knows how THEY are.  :laugh:

Edited by 55Jay

9 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Of course you're right on that last bit.  I should have gone further to soften the observation by regurgitating an acceptable preface.  I wouldn't want anyone jumping to the conclusion that the end result (her getting smacked) is justified in any way. 

But maybe it was?

The only instance of violence being justifiable in a cockpit , would be if one of the pilots was deliberately trying to cause the plane to crash , (which she wasnt )

If one of the pilots is acting irrationally , if the other pilot thought that that was causing a danger to the plane , then land the plane immediately , if it was just a case of annoyance , then deal with that issue once the destination has been reached .

No reason to resort to violence in the cockpit  

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The only instance of violence being justifiable in a cockpit , would be if one of the pilots was deliberately trying to cause the plane to crash , (which she wasnt )

If one of the pilots is acting irrationally , if the other pilot thought that that was causing a danger to the plane , then land the plane immediately , if it was just a case of annoyance , then deal with that issue once the destination has been reached .

No reason to resort to violence in the cockpit  

Abso-rutery!  That makes it all the more compelling to find out what led up to such an unusual incident.  Especially from professional, senior commercial airline captains on the flight deck at altitude with a load of pax down the back.  

Be interesting to read a follow up article after the investigation.

9 hours ago, smedly said:

what you have here is a typical Indian male not able to deal with a woman as a superior - this doesn't surprise me at all when you look at how women are generally treated in India 

I saw an interview with one of the scum who raped the young girl on a bus, he maintains it was his right as a male and would do the same again given the chance, he and many other Indian males believe they have some divine right to abuse women and young girls as they please.............seriously 

In 2013, almost 34,000 women were raped

over 13 percent—are under the age of 14 years. If you count all the women who are raped by the time they turn 18, that's almost 40 percent of the entire demographic of women rape survivors.

Worse, almost all of these women are raped by their neighbours, parents, a close family member or other relatives. Rapes in 15 out of India's 35 states and Union Territories are only committed by people known to the survivor.

Had to check to make sure you were talking about India and not Thailand, which suffers from the same problem.  However I totally agree with your post and thanks for posting it.

17 hours ago, smedly said:

I wouldn't sack the female at all, why ?

It seems to me she was physically assaulted by a male in the cockpit, what was she supposed to do ?, if there had been a 2nd co-pilot on the plane then maybe she could have had him restrained and flew the aircraft right back to London to have him arrested.

I feel her actions unprofessional...

"After great persuation, the lady pilot went back to the cockpit but reportedly came out in a huff shortly afterwards. This time, a frightened cabin crew, fearing for everyone's safety, requested her to go back to the controls and operate the flight to its destination".

Sorry should have asked for a member of cabin crew to come onto the flight deck as an observer, if she felt the situation endangered the safety of the flight she should have made an emergency landing at the nearest airport, if need be have the copilot restrained, if she had landed at any country outside India the copilot may well have been arrested and charged with endangering the plane and all on board.  

So, so...the indian male and ego bashing? -  already covered in posts above, so no comment.

The airline security issue? - already covered, so no comment either.

Consequently, kindly let the devil's advocate take over, please.

First, all males are not always the culprits and all females are not always the victims.

Women have been and still are, professionnaly discriminated globally, no arguing on that.

But some females do make it to the top, and some...some, once in charge, have an annoying tendency to want to make it up. Many must have often noticed the virulence of certain female police officers, bank managers, CEO's and others,  who once in power,  get a feminist urge and feel the need to go around bashing any male on their way......what now if this was the case in the cockpit ?

None of us were present, so it may be a bit premature to rant and bash blindly against the male pilot, no matter how much fun it can be.