23 year old Brit fighting for life after mysteriously falling from 4th floor in Pattaya

webfact

On 1/5/2018 at 9:13 AM, hyku1147 said:

Hopefully there is no permanent damage.

lordy  ,  lordy  ,  lordy  ,  how many will suffer or die by the railings of these killer balconies in bangkok  , oh the humanity , lordy lordy  , lock them all up .....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, hhinhh said:
Staying in a condo in Pattaya that is higher than 2nd floor and has a balcony is more dangerous than roads in Thailand

Amazing how so many owners have been living on high floors for decades.

On 05/01/2018 at 5:39 PM, Chivas said:

Why oh why the continued cynicism over the police here. Its in their interests to find out what happens with these falls.

The reality is and in 99% of cases these people are pissed as rats (or sleep walking) when they go over these balconies. They are nowhere near the height we expect back home

I agree many falls are as a result of alcohol & poor balcony design.  I disagree with 'Its in their interests to find out what happens with these falls.'  A suicide is easily written up with a minimum of effort.  A suspect fall will entail investigative work - something Pattaya police shun like the devil unless they smell money.

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

I agree many falls are as a result of alcohol & poor balcony design.  I disagree with 'Its in their interests to find out what happens with these falls.'  A suicide is easily written up with a minimum of effort.  A suspect fall will entail investigative work - something Pattaya police shun like the devil unless they smell money.

lol the police are not in control !!  the days of backhanders and brown envelopes are long gone with the army in control

14 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol the police are not in control !!  the days of backhanders and brown envelopes are long gone with the army in control

I witnessed two uniformed police in my favourite bar arrive on a motor bike, pick up an envelope and drive away.  Mama san confirmed it was a regular monthly payment.  This was two weeks ago.  I belong to two quiz teams so visit six bars in the course of a season; the owners of all six confirmed they pay monthly 'to avoid trouble'.