French national arrested on charge of stealing cash at airport

rooster59

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

Its a long time since i was in France, is that what "French" people look like these days?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Image result for lewis hamilton20090818 Phillips Idowu (cropped).jpgimage.jpeg.97c14d0822046538d80ec349657866ba.jpeg

It's a long time since I was in England, is this what  " English " people look like these days.:whistling:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

You are at the same level as Farage, as a stand up comedian.

Not my type of humour though.

Obfuscations are low.

Ad hominem attacks an even lower level of cowardice. (Farage?? Pathetic)

Scraping the depths.

When you've stooped that low, all types of humour go way over your head.

11 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Correct!!

To be French, according to the first article of the French Constitution, is to be a citizen of France, regardless of one's origin, race, or religion (sans distinction d'origine, de race ou de religion)

French people are the descendants of Gauls and Romans, western European Celtic and Italic peoples, as well as Bretons, Aquitanians, Ligurians and to a lesser extent, Germanic people arriving at the beginning of the Frankish Empire such as the Franks, the Visigoths, the Suebi, the Saxons, the Allemanni and the Burgundians, and later Germanic groups such as the Vikings (known as Normans), who settled in Normandy and to a lesser extent in Brittany in the 9th century

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_people

It appears the "French" have always been a liitle of this and a little of that,  

I reckon some Brit blood there as well, going by the number of times we have rammed it up them

On 07/01/2018 at 6:03 PM, oldhippy said:

Actually.

Croissant is not french.

It was the bread baked by the starving Vienna people after the Turks ( or was it Ottomans or Byzanthines ?) after they gave up the siege of Vienna.

Ah .....history is so full of surprises - and history never ends.

The croissant represents the crescent of Islam. The Arabs occupied France, Spain and Portugal. Driven out of France by General Martell the last Arabs in this part of Europe fled after the battle of Sagres in Portugal. The current immigration situation is a form of invasive strategy which has a special name in Arabic after which the Some of the Manchester bombers named their terror group.

1 hour ago, The manic said:

The croissant represents the crescent of Islam. The Arabs occupied France, Spain and Portugal. Driven out of France by General Martell the last Arabs in this part of Europe fled after the battle of Sagres in Portugal. The current immigration situation is a form of invasive strategy which has a special name in Arabic after which the Some of the Manchester bombers named their terror group.

The Croissant represents the crescent of Islam  555 yes invented by an Austrian Catholic

The Kipferl, ancestor of the croissant, has been documented in Austria going back at least as far as the 13th century, in various shapes.[5] The Kipferl can be made plain or with nuts or other fillings (some consider the rugelach a form of Kipferl).

The birth of the croissant itself–that is, its adaptation from the plainer form of Kipferl, before the invention of viennoiseries–can be dated to at least 1839 (some say 1838) when an Austrian artillery officer, August Zang, founded a Viennese bakery ("Boulangerie Viennoise") at 92, rue de Richelieu in Paris.[6] This bakery, which served Viennese specialities including the Kipferl and the Vienna loaf, quickly became popular and inspired French imitators (and the concept, if not the term, of viennoiserie, a 20th-century term for supposedly Vienna-style pastries). The French version of the Kipferl was named for its crescent (croissant) shape and has become an identifiable shape across the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croissant

8 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

The Croissant represents the crescent of Islam  555 yes invented by an Austrian Catholic

The Kipferl, ancestor of the croissant, has been documented in Austria going back at least as far as the 13th century, in various shapes.[5] The Kipferl can be made plain or with nuts or other fillings (some consider the rugelach a form of Kipferl).

The birth of the croissant itself–that is, its adaptation from the plainer form of Kipferl, before the invention of viennoiseries–can be dated to at least 1839 (some say 1838) when an Austrian artillery officer, August Zang, founded a Viennese bakery ("Boulangerie Viennoise") at 92, rue de Richelieu in Paris.[6] This bakery, which served Viennese specialities including the Kipferl and the Vienna loaf, quickly became popular and inspired French imitators (and the concept, if not the term, of viennoiserie, a 20th-century term for supposedly Vienna-style pastries). The French version of the Kipferl was named for its crescent (croissant) shape and has become an identifiable shape across the world.

And the hot cross bun? Nothing to do with Christianity?

Just now, greatwhitenorth said:

Represented the defeat of Islam/linked to the Islamic crescent/ related to Islamic influence. Do try to be a bit more nuanced and yes the hot cross bun is related to Christianity.  Anyway, I am not impressed with Wiki as source. Sorry. But good effort old boy.

7 minutes ago, The manic said:

Represented the defeat of Islam/linked to the Islamic crescent/ related to Islamic influence. Do try to be a bit more nuanced and yes the hot cross bun is related to Christianity.  Anyway, I am not impressed with Wiki as source. Sorry. But good effort old boy.

perhaps you would be so kind as to list the sources you find acceptable.  I couldn t find anything on croissants on Sesame Street, so I understand the source being over your mental capabilities.  If I can find anything in cartoon form I will be sure to contact you by pm.   Now I am going to eat the muslim fruit ( a banana as it is shaped like a crescent)

Another fine job by the police to locate the man so quickly . In a western country it would not happen like this . First report it at the police station , then sign a  lot of documents and blah bla blah . And CCTV you need permission first which will take at least a week and then you can forget about the money . 

When Thais really want to find someone they always do it within a short time period.  

Edited by balo

1 hour ago, balo said:

Another fine job by the police to locate the man so quickly . In a western country it would not happen like this . First report it at the police station , then sign a  lot of documents and blah bla blah . And CCTV you need permission first which will take at least a week and then you can forget about the money . 

When Thais really want to find someone they always do it within a short time period.  

yes so impressive, pity about one or two other little incidents

2 hours ago, balo said:

'want to' as opposed to 'not want to' as in 'Red Bull'