Missing Brit Ian Todd

jonwilly

Gents an old army mate has contacted me about a fellow former British soldier who has gone missing in Thailand.

I told him I would do all I can to help and requested more in depth information.I received the below.

"Hi John.

This seems to be getting serious, and there are considerable concerns for his safety.

He was living in Pattaya, working as an English language teacher. He seems to have got involved with a woman. 

His apartment was entered by local Police on 30 Dec, and his laptop was found to have been last used on 11 Nov. Emails suggest that he had missed 29 of his classes.

Passport, driving licence and bank cards were missing, but no clothing or toiletries.

No trace at hospitals. Immigration say he hasn't left the country.

The woman can't be found. There is evidence that he was paying her a lot of money. £6000 was withdrawn from a UK account on 27 Dec.

The following is a quote from an email from a friend of the family who works in Thailand:

Array:
It sounds like the women is a member of team and she is the draw to pull in vulnerable hits. This sounds very organised not your typical Farang fall in love with Thai girl bar and gets ripped off. This whole operation looks very slick and organised that means connected people may be involved Police, Army, Officials etc so have to tread carefully. 

Not sure if there is anything your friend can achieve with this, but I thought I'd just keep you up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

john