Chlorine tablets

BEVUP

Hello all

Is there any such thing as Calcium Hypochlorite tablets here

Have searched the pool shop web sights & the ones that listed their products only have the TCCA tablets (& others maybe also calling this "long lasting" )

Otherwise I will have to resort to powder from Swimming Pools Thailand 

Thanks

On 1/8/2018 at 11:06 AM, Pilotman said:

I have some.  They were supplied by my pool builder and I believe they are widely available online from them. Send me message and I will give you their details. 

Just ordered from them & it was one I knew about 

All their tablets are TCCA so I went with the powder

They are much cheaper then others I looked at

45 minutes ago, kelboy said:

What's TCCA 

You have Stabilized & Non stabilized chlorine (better add that I'm not a chemist 555 )

TCCA is a product they put in with the Chlorine to help it last longer (especially if in the sun ) = Stabilized

But my pool is under cover & the stabilized Tablets are increasing my CA (Cyneric Acid ) levels, which will affect the Chlorine producing another chemical by product

I hope to get a BA after that 555

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

You have Stabilized & Non stabilized chlorine (better add that I'm not a chemist 555 )

TCCA is a product they put in with the Chlorine to help it last longer (especially if in the sun ) = Stabilized

But my pool is under cover & the stabilized Tablets are increasing my CA (Cyneric Acid ) levels, which will affect the Chlorine producing another chemical by product

I hope to get a BA after that 555

Thanks for that, now I know why I have problems with my PH as my pool is also under cover, next time I won't get the chlorine from global. Thanks again. 

52 minutes ago, kelboy said:

Thanks for that, now I know why I have problems with my PH as my pool is also under cover, next time I won't get the chlorine from global. Thanks again. 

I'm still learning & passing on info

How's your Alkalinity (check along side you PH )

Then check the CA 

I also learnt you should shock the pool (pending ) & I do it every 3 wks

I just put a bit of TCCA tablet (in & back out ) a couple of times a week 

If your Chlorine is being eaten up & pool looking cloudy check for Amonia (kit from fish shop ) - This happened to me & took a few days of Shocking the pool 

10 hours ago, BEVUP said:

I'm still learning & passing on info

How's your Alkalinity (check along side you PH )

Then check the CA 

I also learnt you should shock the pool (pending ) & I do it every 3 wks

I just put a bit of TCCA tablet (in & back out ) a couple of times a week 

If your Chlorine is being eaten up & pool looking cloudy check for Amonia (kit from fish shop ) - This happened to me & took a few days of Shocking the pool 

Whilst i find your post informative, can you please  back up with quotes to scientific papers or quotes in  in trade publications post 2000.

Especially Ammonia in pools.

It is generally accepted in most circumstances  excessive  ammonia in pools  is caused by extremely  poor chemical management  and poor pre swim hygiene i.e. getting into a pool being  covered in sweat and pee ing in pool. If you have a plunge type pool  with a small volume you will need to increase the turnover time and increase back wash accordingly  i.e. a well designed spa pool will have a turnover time between 6  - 10 minutes.

Good turn of reference especially  for a small pool should be an introduction of 30 liters of free water per bather i.e. if you go into your pool 3 times a day 90 liters of fresh water should go in.

I don't think Calcium Chloride tablets are available in Thailand, I know they exist but have never seen them here.

You could use those floating tablet dispensers and add some fine nylon mesh , then put Calcium Chlorine granules inside. That's how I do it once or twice a year as I have a salt water generator.

If you are in Pattaya you can buy the granules just past the road #36 flyover on Sukhumvit road.

You should definitely not shock your pool every 3 weeks, as shocking can do more harm than good.

Buy a decent test kit that checks for free chlorine - and total chlorine, so you can calculate combined chlorine.

If your pool is looking cloudy you should adjust your filtration or turnover.

Ammonia as Sappersrest say enters your pool due to poor hygiene and results into a high content of combined chlorine, hence the need for a decent test kit.

12 hours ago, kelboy said:

TCCA has cyanuric acid added, so it will decrease your pH level.

Cyanuric acid also doesn't evaporate or degenerate, so it will continuously build up, and at high levels neutralise the sanitising properties of your chlorine

8 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

and at high levels neutralise the sanitising properties of your chlorine

Hence with this along with maybe some bad Moo Baan water  & a young lad that may pee in the pool every now & then could equal Ammonia

I always add water since my lad & friend may overflow 100 ltrs a time ( it is only lightly used )

Filtration is good as I can turn over twice the pool volume in 1 hr passing through recycled glass

All my test levels are good at the moment

Archived